Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    What I've learned from this thread: Everyone actually liked Dragon Age 2 and people just like to bitch about things.
    People who badly wanted it to be better than DAO (something that is extremely hard to achieve) were disappointed. But people who just wanted one more good game in Dragon Age universe were more than happy, for the most part.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

My favorite Final Fantasy games are FF8, 9, and 12 (and 10 but everyone loves 10, 10-2 was a really good game, if not "a little gay"-quote from my gay friend)
    Also thoroughly enjoyed ff 13-3 and I was not impressed with 13 and stopped playing 13-2 halfway

I never hear anyone talk about MoH:AA- medal of honor: allied assault. this game was and is my absolute favorite FPS.(multiplayer, single player FPS .. doesnt matter? they are all the same to me, some worse.. but none better if that makes sense)
    it probalby could've used some patches but EA literally released the game and a server patch and never did anything again and I feel the game was better for it.

how about games you hate that seem to be really popular?
    cs:go- worst hit boxes and bullet spread of any fps ever and the game is still going with the same shit since 1.6 ...how?
    Any cod after WaW-they arent horrendous but they aren't that good. black ops 1 was fun for me (killstreaks are so lame and i think its only the standard cod's that have bare bones mode)
    Hearthstone- dont know what to say, kinda just hate it cause its a shitty card game but i dont really play card games so i hate it for no reason? play magic, plebs
    There's also nothing stopping Blizzard from resurrecting both Arthas and Archimonde and turning them into super saiyans so that they can fuse and fight Sargeras

Warlords of Draenor.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsta View Post
    [e] Remembered two others:
    Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 OC - So many people hated the OCs of those games, and only really loved the played-made content and the addons. But I really liked them, especially the NWN2 OC.
    Quote Originally Posted by axell View Post
    Gothic 3 - Buggy and broken at launch and quite different from Gothic 2 but it still had that Gothic feeling. It had a ton of exploration, 3 different landscapes, a ton of cities to liberate/crush the rebels and it was very non linear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    ......Diablo 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    Alpha Protocol (PC)
    Same! - to all of the above... and below.

Quote Originally Posted by razmir View Post
    I loved DMC: devil may cry.
    There was so much hate on that game, it's probably one of my favorites
    I like Ninja Theory and just ignored the hate and did enjoy the game. The problem is when you start to think on what was lost besides the whole dumb erase memories part.
    No insect devil trigger Dante, no Awesome God Sparda...Had a list but I forgot lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Darksiders 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    Binary Domain- This game was awesome and I am almost offended this game didn't get a sequel that it also has hinted at in the end. I don't think people hated this game either just no one seemed to really care for it so it didn't get enough attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by killerkyle64 View Post
    Binary Domain
    You are not alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Toccs View Post
    3. Little Big Adventure
    Though everyone loved that game.
    Your you're own enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Girlyman View Post
    Though everyone loved that game.
    Well it is clunky as hell - but yeah everyone loves it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by axell View Post
    I did not encounter any major graphical bugs like that but it doesn't surprise me. It's no masterpiece but it has a charm to it that's hard to explain. This , similar to Gothic has a certain appeal, especially to eastern european gamers. We put way less emphasis on quality voice acting and and overall writing. Two worlds 1 is a contender for the worst voice acting ever made but that's part of what makes it special. As I said it's like a B movie.

Though Two Worlds II is a huge step up and i actually consider it a pretty damn good RPG. It has a plethora of quests and places to explore, a very customisable and cool magic system and even 1-2 semi interesting characters.
    i rented it on release for the xbox 360......it had bug and glitches EVERYWHERE. weapons sometimes would fail to register a hit.
    there are areas on the map you could just walk through. enemies you could easily clip through. quests that wouldn't complete. npc's that wouldn't work. and sometimes the game would just freeze. and sometimes the game world would just refuse to render properly.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2015-07-16 at 02:14 AM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Pokémon Trading Card Game on gameboy
    PTCG was great! Why wouldn't anyone like that?

Assassin's Creed 3

About the only one I can think of. I mean, I didn't love it, and it is my least favorite of the ones I've played (all of them ac4 and prior), but I didn't think it was as bad as most people claimed it was. Parts of it were indeed quite annoying, and I don't see myself replaying it over some of the other games in the series, but I did enjoy myself most of the time when playing.

I enjoyed the three months or so I spent playing swtor, mostly because of my guild, but the questing was also well done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theun View Post
    It's well liked enough in Japan but never really found much love in the West.
    I can't stop playing them.

I am of course talking about the Musou series or more commonly known in the West:

Dynasty Warriors
    Samurai Warriors

I can see the reson why people wouldn't like them with the repetition and such but I always have a blast with these games. Favorite of the lot being Warriors Orochi 3.
    One reason is probably because I'm a fan of both the eras that these games are set in (Three Kingdoms of China, Sengoku period of Japan)
    This is my guilty pleasure series. Though I maintain that fun button mashing aside, SW1 was actually a really solid game with a great Nobunaga-centric story. By far my favourite Koei entry.

Deleted
    I once created a tetris clone while i was bored. I was the only one who ever played it.

Quote Originally Posted by theun View Post
    It's well liked enough in Japan but never really found much love in the West.
    I can't stop playing them.

I am of course talking about the Musou series or more commonly known in the West:

Dynasty Warriors
    Samurai Warriors

I can see the reson why people wouldn't like them with the repetition and such but I always have a blast with these games. Favorite of the lot being Warriors Orochi 3.
    One reason is probably because I'm a fan of both the eras that these games are set in (Three Kingdoms of China, Sengoku period of Japan)
    I dropped probably over 3,000 hours into Dynasty Warriors 4 alone. That game series is amazing, although I skipped 6 (partly, i completed it ,didn't play the shit out of it though) and 7 due to getting really into WoW. I played Dynasty Warriors 8 for around 50 hours now and honestly it doesn't feel like the same game. I bought Dynasty Warriors 4 Hyper for PC and 4 is significantly harder than 8. In 4, the games can last 20-30 minutes. In 8, I would have to be purposefully stalling in order for it to last more than 6 minutes. Even on the end games, like Wu Zhang Plains or Fan Castle.

Samurai Warriors I played a bit of. I think two games. I just viewed it as an inferior version to DW series so I didn't play it much, though.

Also, Cao Cao! Wei dog! Shu for life.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    This is my guilty pleasure series. Though I maintain that fun button mashing aside, SW1 was actually a really solid game with a great Nobunaga-centric story. By far my favourite Koei entry.
    Samurai Warriors was a lot more darker themed and based around magic. I also remember a good portion of it was in doors. Where as Dynasty Warriors was about outdoors 99% of the time and using shit like rivers to your advantage.

I don't really like a lot of magic in games like that, so I got bored of SW pretty quick. Thats one of my problems with the latest DW. 8 has so much magic in it it gets boring. Guan Yu lights himself ablaze, Lu Bu is like throwing energy spikes at people. Just doesn't feel like the Dynasty Warriors I loved during 3-5 era.

Another big factor in why I loved these games so much is that I was a pretty young kid during most of them. I'm 20 now, so the release of Dynasty Warriors 6 would be when I was 12. Being a kid I didn't really ask for much, I just sort of got the next game months or even years after release. I would play Dynasty Warriors 3 for like a year before even getting DW3 Xtreme Legends. Even though they were typically released only a few months after the initial game. DW4 for another example, I got in like 2005 when it was released in 2003. I played the utter shit out of every game till it was completely done. All characters 6th weapons, all items max level, all mounts, all skins and THEN I would move onto the next one.

Was honestly the best gaming experience i've had so far in 12 or so years of non stop gaming
    Last edited by Sliske; 2015-07-17 at 03:51 PM.

Deleted
    Murdered: Soul Suspect

Seen a lot o bad reviews on it and heard people being disappointed etc, but i really liked it (well apart from the damn demon hunting you had to do). Might have been a bit too predictable and leading, i don't know. All in all i enjoyed the story and had a fun time playing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - The world was beautiful if you moved the camera a little bit.
    Dragon Age 2 - A great game IF you didn't take it as part of the Dragon Age series.

BulletStorm - What isn't to love about a gruff drunken space marine singing about murdering people with a remote controlled dinosaur?
    Completely agree, but in the end, Amalur was not a bad game (by many people it was seen as a good game), not the best in the genre but its pretty good

- - - Updated - - -

Hyrule Warriors - I think is a really fun game you can come and play every now and then and you will enjoy it

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Call of juarez
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by zoefschildpad View Post
    For me it's Dragon Age 2. It's easily the best in the series for me, and I loved the more localized and personal story over the classic "bad guy destroys the world" plot.
    This has 82 on metacritic, but 4.4/10 user score. That's pretty odd. Not sure what to make of it.

For me, I'm not sure I have any of those unique games that no one else likes. I tend to not pay for a game unless it's received well, so I don't exactly get much experience playing games that no one likes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    Asheron's Call

I actually just paid $20 for 2 lifetime account subscriptions.

The entire MMO market is pure shit, save for one game that is going on 17 years old.

Pretty sad.
    Looks like there's no more patches or anything for this game though, so I would guess it's going to die after too long eh? Or is it really that good that people will play without new content periodically? The website hasn't been updated in a year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varabently View Post
    This has 82 on metacritic, but 4.4/10 user score. That's pretty odd. Not sure what to make of it.

For me, I'm not sure I have any of those unique games that no one else likes. I tend to not pay for a game unless it's received well, so I don't exactly get much experience playing games that no one likes.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like there's no more patches or anything for this game though, so I would guess it's going to die after too long eh? Or is it really that good that people will play without new content periodically? The website hasn't been updated in a year.
    The 4.4 is just Metacritic working its magic. Whenever the user and critic scores are that different just go with the critic score. Gamers can be whiney bitches at times. In no way is Dragon Age 2 a 4.4. 82 seems pretty spot on to be honest.

Another game is a recent one: Ori and the Blind Forest. Not because it is bad. In fact it is incredible. But I feel like it kinda flew under the radar. Go try the game out, it's on Xbox One and PC and it's pretty much flawless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe not 'no one else' but I really loved FF XIII and XIII-2.
    Now that I gave the pS3 to my father I want to play them again... I may start looking for a second-hand PS3 to scratch this itch... or maybe PSnow ?

Deleted
    There are people who like those games that i'm going to list but i haven't met alot of people who liked it.
    1.Touhou
    2.Osu

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    As the title suggests we all have that game we like or even love, but no one else seems to like or even enjoy.

What game is that for you?

For me its Spore... I enjoy it a lot, but no one else seems to and its because it was over hyped, but I didnt buy it because of hype, I bought it because i liked the idea.
    Spore? Hug me bro! (ok, no)

Actually, I bought it because I like the idea too and this itself makes me already hyped about the game.
    Even so, I still create and visit the sporepedia regularly.
    Last edited by Lionwoman; 2015-11-28 at 11:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I love how many people go the "fuck feminism!! ruining society!" Never change, "/r/incels" champion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    No more eeeelves!