High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Need a Gaming/Work Laptop for under 1k if all possible

Hello....

You've seen me around before I'm sure however since I already own a great desktop, I'm looking for a Laptop for Work/Gaming, as I travel don't plan on taking a 50lb Desktop with me.

Budget - Up to 1k

Resolution: No clue as I've yet to work with a Laptop.

Games / Settings Desired: Diablo 3, Rainbow Six Siege, World Of Warcraft and few other titles in that case don't need the top quality / best fps as I'll be using it for raiding, would be happy at 50fps or so.

Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc): Autocad is probably only thing I'd be using.

Country: USA - Would prefer buying it from Best Buy as its around the corner from me

Parts that can be reused: Since its a Laptop no clue what I need.

Do you need an OS? I already own a copy of Windows 8.1 but if the Laptop comes with 8.1 and its Windows 10 Ready then nope don't need an OS.

Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)? I know its not a peripheral category but I need a Laptop Case / External Bluray drive if I need one.

On the Case / Drive if needed that won't be included in the 1k, I'll put $250 on both items

Thanks.... Gamer2k1
    Last edited by Gamer2k1; 2015-07-12 at 12:07 AM.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834198056

I know you want it from best buy, but honestly they'll try everything to get that price tag higher. I've ordered from New egg for over 10 years now and I've never had an issue with anything from them. The deliveries are always made on time as well.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks Skibabinz, there is a reason why I put Best Buy my preferred choice, I get a 25% discount with them and tax free due to the company I work for. Newegg is great not saying they are not but would need it asap. I also can up my budget to $1600, and would like a 970m as a minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Denpepe View Post
    Something like this one should do the trick http://www.bestbuy.com/site/msi-ge72...&skuId=8702153
    That's a really nice laptop for the price, especially with the discounts the OP is getting. I might actually order one.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If this thread can be closed or locked go ahead, purchased that MSI will be here tomorrow as its not available via in store pickup

Quote Originally Posted by Gamer2k1 View Post
    If this thread can be closed or locked go ahead, purchased that MSI will be here tomorrow as its not available via in store pickup
    I'd actually be curious to know how it performs and how satisfied you are once you get it. Please keep us posted.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    So after 1 1/2 days of using the Laptop for its price it's really good got it for $950. The Laptop performed pretty good, but it also was bad for what I needed it for.