General public to wait 5 months for warcraft trailer

I as many others were really hyped to finally see the trailer for the warcraft movie, however when i booted up my pc this morning i saw the tweet from Duncan that we'll have to wait for november. So i was wondering and tried to google arround as why that is the case?`is there a specific reason they chose to delay the trailer by roughly 5 months? Anyone that was at sdcc that could maybe shed some light on the matter?

i get that they wouldn't go full marketing this early, but wasn't it just a teaser that they showed? surely they won't be releasing a simple teaser in november, by then you'd expect a real trailer. i might be wrong though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trailers are generally revealed around 6-8 months before release.

Deleted
    Fucking retarded. Tease for weeks about the trailer inc.
    Then a few days before release:"HAH! Just for people at comic con! U fags can wait another 5 months".
    Should've said so at the start.

Fuck u Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by hyruna View Post
    i get that they wouldn't go full marketing this early, but wasn't it just a teaser that they showed? surely they won't be releasing a simple teaser in november, by then you'd expect a real trailer. i might be wrong though.
    It was a five minute long trailer. Those don't come until a couple of months before release.

We'll get the 2-3min long trailer at Blizzcon, which is about the usual timing.

10+ Year Old Account
    The entitlement in this forum when it comes to the movie is fucking incredible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Then a few days before release:"HAH! Just for people at comic con! U fags can wait another 5 months".
    Should've said so at the start.

Fuck u Blizzard.
    You do understand that it's not Blizzard who is making or publishing the movie, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Except they didn't. You bought into the hype made by fans, not blizzard or legendary pictures.

Deleted
    Holy shit, are people really this upset about not seeing the trailer? Yeah it sucks but it's not like you are not going to see it eventually. I swear, there is something people on these forums.

Besides, as far as i understood, SSDC didn't see the trailer either. It was more like a 5-6 min cut from the actual movie. There is no way they would show that, more so ELEVEN months before release.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Petyr Baelish View Post
    The entitlement in this forum when it comes to the movie is fucking incredible.
    I only half agree. The entitlement on the MMOC forums in general just beggars belief.

Quote Originally Posted by littleman40 View Post
    Holy shit, are people really this upset about not seeing the trailer? Yeah it sucks but it's not like you are not going to see it eventually. I swear, there is something people on these forums.

Besides, as far as i understood, SSDC didn't see the trailer either. It was more like a 5-6 min cut from the actual movie. There is no way they would show that, more so ELEVEN months before release.
    It was more like a three minute scene with two minutes of other scenes weaved in between.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    It was more like a three minute scene with two minutes of other scenes weaved in between.
    Introductory preview for the general masses who have no fucking idea what Warcraft is about.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Petyr Baelish View Post
    Introductory preview for the general masses who have no fucking idea what Warcraft is about.
    After following the movie thread for a couple of days, it sounds just like what we need.

Deleted
    This thread's name should be "Everyone to wait 5 months for warcraft trailer". The trailer isn't done yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can wait *twiddles thumbs*
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    4 months actually. Not so long.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt the hype machine that bubbled up the Warlord's expansion on this site and elsewhere will be able to handle the hype they are about to give to this movie. People on these boards as well as elsewhere just love nothing more than to over hype something to death, then be so disappointed with the actual end results. If anything Warlord's should have taught most by now is to wait and see what is actually being done before over blowing the hype to make some seem better than it actual is. Some here and elsewhere will have themselves so hyped up over this movie that it will fail horribly when it does not end up meeting their expectations in the end. I can just see the outcry a year from now when the movie hits the street and many will come here and voice their displeasure.