Weakaura, Targets range from another target

I was just wondering if you could make a weakaura to show if a target is within X yards of another target? I play on my hunter and I just wanna see if a target is within 3-4 yards of another target so that my chimera shot will cleave? If someone can make the WA for me I will be even more grateful (if it's possible).

Thanks!

It is pretty much impossible to do this, at least without more than one player and some complex math; you can't get the distance to an enemy easily through the API, just estimate it, and you can't get anything to help tell you direction.

With multiple cooperative addons on multiple players it might be possible to estimate the location of an enemy through triangulation, but it's definitely not easy, and not gonna be super-reliable. At least one addon, to help with OreGorger in BRF, used this technique on the boss (which everyone can get range to), and it was not reliable even with four or five players watching it.

Anyway, if you really want to go here, they had a library for doing the position estimation, so you don't have to create that part yourself.

RangeDisplay is an addon that shows the range between you and your target. If you plan on writing code to achieve this, you might want to see how this addon does it and maybe it will help you.

GL

Quote Originally Posted by Morthulo View Post
    RangeDisplay is an addon that shows the range between you and your target. If you plan on writing code to achieve this, you might want to see how this addon does it and maybe it will help you.
    It uses tests to see if a spell or item is in range; by having a set that are active at 10, 15, 20, etc "yards" you can estimate the range to the target from the player.

Unfortunately that doesn't give you an entirely useful guide, because it gives only distance and not direction -- which means that if you have two enemies at between 10 and 15 yards the distance between them could be anything from 5 to 30 yards between them.