Can't decide between these two trinkets

As the title says, I currently have chipped soul prism and sandmans pouch 715. I also have the trinket from ore gorger (heroic), I was thinking of swapping out CSP for the oregorger one, do you think this would be a dps increase or loss?

The best way to find out is to sim your character, but you should probably just go with GSR.

GSR + Sandmans probably best choice since both are crit proc trinkets perfect to spend our Chaos Bolt.

more likely than not chipped soul prism is likely much better than any 685 trinket. It's a ton of stats. Actually, just looking at it without even simming it's obvious. Even an ideal chaos bolt would only be slightly nominally better, but with chipped soul prism you have all those stats ALL THE TIME, it's unquestionably better than a 685 GSR.

Quote Originally Posted by fiestatastic View Post
    more likely than not chipped soul prism is likely much better than any 685 trinket. It's a ton of stats. Actually, just looking at it without even simming it's obvious. Even an ideal chaos bolt would only be slightly nominally better, but with chipped soul prism you have all those stats ALL THE TIME, it's unquestionably better than a 685 GSR.
    You are unquestionably wrong. dark soul + GSR proc is pretty sick. Besides, if you look at statweights, just the increased static intellect is already as good as most of the other stats on soul prism combined. GSR is superior without doubt.

So far it appears to me that i have a DPS increase with GSR, it procs quite often and when combined with Sandmans Pouch it is just silly damamge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chipped Soul Prism has half the intellect that are in all BRF Heroic trinkets so combined with GSR's crit proc you're probably better off

- - - Updated - - -

afaik Intellect is the most superior stat for all mana consuming classes

CSP sims higher though. Don't know what that really says about which one is superio

Quote Originally Posted by tonberi View Post
    CSP sims higher though. Don't know what that really says about which one is superio
    Did you sim it with normal version? The heroic and mythic don't exist. Care to post it?

Quote Originally Posted by Nevalus View Post
    Did you sim it with normal version? The heroic and mythic don't exist. Care to post it?

http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/destruc...t-best-in-slot

Unexpected, but I think in a real scenario that would be incorrect.

Deleted
    full upgraded sandmans pouch + GSR for sure I think!

Unexpected, but I think in a real scenario that would be incorrect.
    CSP is one of the best trinkets to use until you get into the realm of heroic HFC trinkets.

Well my guild is currently 10/13 heroic, i've not been lucky enough for the Desecrated Shadowmoon Insignia to drop, i'm hoping that it will tonight and i'll be replacing it with that, and will replace Sandmans with the class trinekt whenever we get around to killing archimonde.

Similar question here. Running DB Demo/CR Destro and I can't decide between the 3 trinkets I have. Got a 705 CSP, 695 IRP and 670 GSR. IRP and CSP seemed like the choice, but not having a trinket proc at all kind of blows, especially as destro... Should I use the low ilvl GSR instead of IRP? Does it depend on spec?

You are unquestionably wrong. dark soul + GSR proc is pretty sick. Besides, if you look at statweights, just the increased static intellect is already as good as most of the other stats on soul prism combined. GSR is superior without doubt.

Been using GSR for awhile and have enjoyed my time with it, but actually got a CSP this week ... it's better, was definitely higher in sims but also was in practice. Not sure why you'd have so much overconfidence when you didn't even bother to sim in the first place. I guess maybe a normal 685 GSR could be better on Gorefiend.

Edited because I don't want to give the impression that a 705 CSP blows away a 685 GSR by a lot, it's probably not better than a wf 691, but it beats a 685.
    Last edited by fiestatastic; 2015-07-16 at 08:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fiestatastic View Post
    Been using GSR for awhile and have enjoyed my time with it, but actually got a CSP this week ... it's better, was definitely higher in sims but also was in practice. Not sure why you'd have so much overconfidence when you didn't even bother to sim in the first place. I guess maybe a normal 685 GSR could be better on Gorefiend.

Edited because I don't want to give the impression that a 705 CSP blows away a 685 GSR by a lot, it's probably not better than a wf 691, but it beats a 685.
    Sim's aren't the universal answer to everything, especially with proc based items. The reason why I am confident the GSR is better is because everything on it is "useful". The versitality, multistrike, and haste on the CSP are weak stats for destro. Take in the large crit proc that you can hit 4 chaos bolts in with ease and the largely increased int on GSR. I doubt that with correct play you will get better results with CSP.
    Last edited by Nevalus; 2015-07-16 at 02:51 PM.