Poll: Why did you change factions?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why did you change factions?

I see one poll about if you would race change if racials were changed but I think the better question would be why you changed in the first place.

I've yet to change to human/alliance, but if I was to it would be because a much much larger pool of players to play with. Want to find an actual competitive rbg group on horde side? yeah... good luck with that.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Haven't looked at the poll results yet, but I'll guess that the majority will say something other than the Ally/human racial/best pvp'ers did, which I'd imagine a lot are lying about since they probably switched thinking EMFH or Stoneform is so great but won't admit.
    Last edited by Caolela; 2015-07-12 at 08:54 PM.

Friends pushed me to do so before quitting lol, just stuck around when i saw how much more active it was.

Having both shamans on both factions its night/day getting things done pvp wise on alliance then horde, i did two ashran dominations in half the time then it took to do on horde, que included.

Deleted
    had to switch cos its a nightmare trying to get people to play with on horde for decent rated and with ashran being auto lose it means Im grinding for conquest points by playing (and losing) bgs until I get the daily win. As this can take upto 14 games in a row, of 4+ hours of sanity wrecking soul destroying pain I found after a while I couldn't force myself to log in any more. If queues are 30mins It doesn't matter at least I can win now and get conquest.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much because all my friends did and I got into a guild with them. Now I play both factions with my main on Alliance and most of alts on Horde.

Horde for life. Even if left alone by my friends and without PvP activity on that side.

I've always played Ally. I do have a horde all but that's for seeing the lore side of the game.

Because the Alliance races, cities and garrisons lock good. Horde looks terrible.

You forgot this option. It was the reason i race changed at the end of MoP. Nothing could ever make me transfer back to Horde.
    Last edited by Christhammer; 2015-07-12 at 11:58 PM.

For the Horde, noobs!

I am a menace to my own destiny.

Deleted
    Me and my friends have been changing a bit back and forward, started out horde.. changed to alliance because of less alliance population and interesting to try that out, like trying tenacity in WG back in wotlk, and trying to get some world pvp during firelands dailies in cata, and we usually rolled horde to get population to play with. In cata we wanted to play alliance (Im strong promoted, pink gnome priest ftw), and since pvp was neglected we wanted to raid but with a server losing population and alliance being empty we changed to an alliance populated server to raid. We returned last year from break and didn't want to spend money on faction change (my friends got many alts) so we decided playing alliance for the couple of months my friends played, and Im still playing but just garrisons and I like being pink gnome. Perhaps with free faction change we would swap again, or if they started selling services for gold similar to tokens for subscription.

Deleted
    Because that's where the pvp community is

My friends and I play kitty or jungle cleave, I am a druid, but we end up going to the human racial for the hunter and the warrior.

Anytime I faction change from Horde to Alliance, the reason is always for the sake of winning more battlegrounds, if Horde is in a slump where it seems like they just get stomped constantly. But this time around I just stuck it out as Horde since they are my preferred faction, and simply quit when I got fed up instead of paying yet another race change fee to fix a problem that the developers should have fixed already. Long queues are almost as bad as bad win loss rates anyway.

Deleted
    I changed to Alliance on my main for the PvP benefits (better racial, better groups, Ashran dominance, etc). All my alts are still Horde though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because i was sick of seeing everything red!, but i'm still horde at hearth

I changed because it was getting hard to find people to play with. I didn't even change to human though, nelf for the win.

Quote Originally Posted by Christhammer View Post
    Because the Alliance races, cities and garrisons lock good. Horde looks terrible.

You forgot this option. It was the reason i race changed at the end of MoP. Nothing could ever make me transfer back to Horde.
    Maybe I should have added an other option.

Deleted
    I changed for new gnome model lol, no other reason.... With WoD i got the free 90 so I decided to play a mage for the first time aswell and I loved the gnome mage :P