Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    lol what is so "mature" about Bayonetta. You people can cherry pick all the games you want but Nintendo as a whole markets exclusively to kids. Kids will still play Bayonetta anyway.

I don't understand how some of you can be so pro nintendo yet so pro PC at the same time. It's like, you all make fun of the "dudebro" consoles for shitty hardware yet nintendo's garbage gets a free pass for being "unique" or whatever.
    I've yet to see a "mature" game done totally right, batonetta was quite mature in how it touched sensuality and insaneness, fatal frame too, nintendo never competed with pc, yet xbone tries dingling its toy keys at pc gamers while we laugh at them, even xbone has got shitty hardware for the price being paid.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

lol what is so "mature" about Bayonetta. You people can cherry pick all the games you want but Nintendo as a whole markets exclusively to kids. Kids will still play Bayonetta anyway.

I don't understand how some of you can be so pro nintendo yet so pro PC at the same time. It's like, you all make fun of the "dudebro" consoles for shitty hardware yet nintendo's garbage gets a free pass for being "unique" or whatever.
    You all? Who's you all? Sure, some people do, but I certainly stray away from that type of discussion, except for being humorous/ironic or something. I don't actually bash other people's opinions.

But kids will still play any game, Grand Theft Auto, Call of Duty, Gears of War, it doesn't matter. In fact, isn't the typical stereotype of CoD players now "12 year olds who curses to be cool"?

Either way, this isn't really a discussion of Nintendo's future at this point, just typical ignorant internet hatred of Nintendo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Oh please, tell me more about Madworld and Bayonetta being for kiddies and man children.
    He does have a bit of a point though, that's two titles out of how many available on Nintendo consoles, and very few go for mature audiences. Nintendo's marketing is almost entirely based off of youth based products, if it isnt E for everyone or T for teen, it will seldom be found on a Nintendo console.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    I've yet to see a "mature" game done totally right, batonetta was quite mature in how it touched sensuality and insaneness, fatal frame too, nintendo never competed with pc, yet xbone tries dingling its toy keys at pc gamers while we laugh at them, even xbone has got shitty hardware for the price being paid.
    Yeah PC is great right? How do you like dealing with shitty console ports after paying all of this money on your overpriced PC hardware LOL. I feel sorry for some of you that spend close to 2-3 grand on PC hardware just for better quality when most of these games are designed for console players in mind.

350 bucks for an Xbox One is fine for the quality it has. I literally could care less that my game runs at a lower quality and doesn't have all the stupid bells and whistles that PC has that requires overpriced hardware to even see. It's not even worth it, not even close.

Don't give the bullshit that "oh man I can build a 500 dollar PC and get a better performance than console" because those 500 dollar PC's are going to have inconsistent quality for more demanding games as time goes on. It's like, if you're going to game on a PC, you either gotta go big or go the fuck home and play console. I'd say if you don't spend at least 1200 bucks on the core build, there's no reason to even play PC lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    He does have a bit of a point though, that's two titles out of how many available on Nintendo consoles, and very few go for mature audiences. Nintendo's marketing is almost entirely based off of youth based products, if it isnt E for everyone or T for teen, it will seldom be found on a Nintendo console.
    That doesn't suddenly make them for kids only though, people seem to have the issue of seeing E for Everyone as E for Kids only. The ratings just limit the games so younger people can't get the gory violent games, not that adults can't get the Mario games.

You people can cherry pick all the games you want but Nintendo as a whole markets exclusively to kids.
    People keep saying this, yet every time you see fans at any Nintendo related event they're usually part of the target entertainment democraphic as a whole, folks (mainly dudes) in their late teens through late 20's.

Yeah, their games are less "gritty" and more colorful, but that's hardly "marketing exclusively to kids".

I don't understand how some of you can be so pro nintendo yet so pro PC at the same time.
    Different platforms, different offerings. Both have games that I like/find interesting that can't really be found on the other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah PC is great right? How do you like dealing with shitty console ports after paying all of this money on your overpriced PC hardware LOL. I feel sorry for some of you that spend close to 2-3 grand on PC hardware just for better quality when most of these games are designed for console players in mind.

350 bucks for an Xbox One is fine for the quality it has. I literally could care less that my game runs at a lower quality and doesn't have all the stupid bells and whistles that PC has that requires overpriced hardware to even see. It's not even worth it, not even close.

Don't give the bullshit that "oh man I can build a 500 dollar PC and get a better performance than console" because those 500 dollar PC's are going to have inconsistent quality for more demanding games as time goes on. It's like, if you're going to game on a PC, you either gotta go big or go the fuck home and play console. I'd say if you don't spend at least 1200 bucks on the core build, there's no reason to even play PC lol.
    if you get a pc for 3grand you essentially get a beast up towards like the next upcoming gen, if you really look into building a pc it's no more than 400 bucks to get a pc that is ahead of the "next gen" and you will also spend less money on games (steam sales) and not having to pay to play online is good too, but that's totally offtopic (just take a walk on r/buildapc), bad ports will be bad, but good ports and mods easily outclass them.

Now ontopic:
    -Apparently miyamoto is in for CEO with another individual, quite an interesting choice but i dont see miyamoto as a CEO
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    Now ontopic:
    -Apparently miyamoto is in for CEO with another individual, quite an interesting choice but i dont see miyamoto as a CEO
    Where'd you hear this? I can't imagine Miyamoto moving over to the business side of things like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Where'd you hear this? I can't imagine Miyamoto moving over to the business side of things like that.
    Nor can I, I'd imagine that would put quite a damper on his game creating which he seems to have way too much fun with.

10+ Year Old Account
    welp apparently the info was misleading, my bad!

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't be a Nintendo thread without thebullshit about Ps4/xboxes just being glorified pcs and Nintendo just making kiddy games. Never fail to disappoint.

Weirdly I agree with Tech, the foreseeable future is already planned, I think the NX as a concept is already too far in. Don't expect much change.

He halved his own paycheck when Nintendo was going through a rough time rather than firing people. His own words were "I sincerely doubt employees who fear they may be laid off will be able to develop software titles that could impress people around the world".

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/13/asia/g...-iwata-quotes/

The quotes in there if you scroll through them.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/1/29/535...er-poor-fiscal

For the pay cut

I don't think a man that only cares about their wallet would do such a thing.
    Good for you but being a child you seem to lack the understanding of cultural differences, and business ethics in japan are a 180 compared to western ones.

Firing people is one of the biggest disgraces a company can commit in Japan, so please, stop this retarded "Iwata so decent" bullshit, it was more social pressure and habit than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by KevyB View Post
    Good for you but being a child you seem to lack the understanding of cultural differences, and business ethics in japan are a 180 compared to western ones.

Firing people is one of the biggest disgraces a company can commit in Japan, so please, stop this retarded "Iwata so decent" bullshit, it was more social pressure and habit than anything.
    Do you even know what you're talking about? That was in response to someone saying he cared about his wallet, and yes, that's STILL better than what western companies would do. Go flaunt your false knowledge somewhere else where you think you can actually insult people with first year communication knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    People keep saying this, yet every time you see fans at any Nintendo related event they're usually part of the target entertainment democraphic as a whole, folks (mainly dudes) in their late teens through late 20's.

Yeah, their games are less "gritty" and more colorful, but that's hardly "marketing exclusively to kids".

Different platforms, different offerings. Both have games that I like/find interesting that can't really be found on the other.
    because children dont tend to go to nintendo expos or big gaming events...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    because children dont tend to go to nintendo expos or big gaming events...
    Yeah that's why i see 10 year olds on FGC-Evo all day!

Quote Originally Posted by KevyB View Post

Firing people is one of the biggest disgraces a company can commit in Japan
    Which is why you would know instead of firing someone high up they will give them a "room with a view". Apparently you're so in touch with Japanese culture that you didn't even realize this happens and is the equivalent of your western company executive being forced out of the company.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Even though it was just an example, Yo-Kai watch has pretty much dethroned Pokemon in Japan as the dominant monster collecting game and it's coming to the west soon. Nintendo should be doing their best to make sure the Level-5 owned game stays on Nintendo platforms and off of mobile or Sony. They are publishing the game in the west so that's a start.
    I actually noticed this when I was in Japan. Yo-Kai watch everrrywhere.

I was there about 2 weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanadei View Post
    I actually noticed this when I was in Japan. Yo-Kai watch everrrywhere.

I was there about 2 weeks ago.
    Color me jealous.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    It's funny because my friends bring over their PS4s and Xbox1s to game and we always end up playing smash, mario kart, perfect dark, warioware, etc. Last thing we need in a creative field is to listen what market analysis bottom liners say.

All I hope for is more gaming systems from Nintendo, and they step the quality back up for gamers. They've gone a bit too broad trying to get everyone into it, and I would like to see some hardcore oldschool gaming from them again, along with the return of platformers and solid rpg titles.
    I agree that this is the niche that Nintendo hits, the question is how often you can hit it.

The same people who played Mario Kart 64 on their Nintendo 64s are still doing it now. The same can be said for Wii Sports on the Wii.

That's the problem with more arguably casual, social gaming. You can't entice people to upgrade based on graphics or power, so they don't upgrade as often.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    It should discontinue kiddie & cartoony styles (think paper mario/typical wii graphics) and pursue more serious/mature games (ff8, phantasy star, mortal kombat).
    This doesn't seem very in tune with Nintendo's demographic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    Maybe they'll start making others games other than Mario (insert random words) #5665478894, Zelda #23578856, Kirby #389999765. They really gotta start taking chances on new IPs.
    Well, I mean, they don't have to. They just need to release games more often. Everything they do sell works, arguably.

I agree it would be nice if they expanded their range but it's not exactly a broken model that they currently use.

- - - Updated - - -

Color me jealous.
    It was amazing. Highly recommend.

- - - Updated - - -

They don't market "exclusively" to anyone. A large part of their fan base are younger, which is great, but it's incorrect to characterize that as their entire fan base.

I would argue Nintendo inspires more console loyalty than Microsoft or Sony, which translates directly to return business regardless of demographic.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    Since when has the rating on the box ever been indicative of the quality of a game? Fuck, there are Pixar movies with mature themes in them that kids wouldn't understand yet the movies are designed to be kid friendly, some humor happens to only make sense to adults or certain demographics or generations of people. There isn't anything mature about video games at all, ratings are as far as I am concerned, a huge waste of time. Since when has a rated R film stopped minors from watching it? Since when has an 18+ M rating on a game stopped half of these little fuckwits who think that CoD is "mature" just because the sticker on the box says so, keeps the games out of their hands? Stupid parents and the stupid generation of little dickless bastards who spawned from them need a thorough ass kicking.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2015-07-14 at 02:07 AM.