Page 1 of 3
LastLast

I'd like an undead shaman pleae.

Yes make this happen.

7+ Year Old Account
    No. Just plain no. There is absolutely no reason to allow undead shamans. Goblin shamans is already pushing it.

Deleted
    I see no real reason for any restrictions anymore, there are several combinations now that make no sense lore wise so why not let people be what they want. Of course I mainly say this as i really really want a Worgen Shaman

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck no. That sounds ultra lame.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tawny View Post
    I see no real reason for any restrictions anymore, there are several combinations now that make no sense lore wise so why not let people be what they want. Of course I mainly say this as i really really want a Worgen Shaman
    There is a need because some combos just don't work. Gnome druids? Orc priests? Blood elf shamans? No. Those are terrible combos. Diversity is a good thing.
    Last edited by Seezer; 2015-07-16 at 06:46 PM.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Deleted
    Isn't the whole reason undead are restricted is because they lose their abilities to commune with nature/the Light? Which is why there can -never- be paladins coz it kills them (again).

Plus, there are no human shamans to begin with because they already do not have the ability to commune with nature that a shaman requires. As Luthadal said; goblins are pushing it already.

There are several races/class combos that should never happen. Undead paladins/shamans, Tauren/Draenei warlocks, panda DKs....etc.

Some don't deserve stretching, it makes it too confusing. And don't give me any crap about 'Wah Blizz dont care no mo', some things should just never happen, so leave it be.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by necromori View Post
    Yes make this happen.
    why? make your cache for why this should be possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Amber Lemur View Post
    Isn't the whole reason undead are restricted is because they lose their abilities to commune with nature/the Light? Which is why there can -never- be paladins coz it kills them (again).
    "But there is undead priests!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amirila View Post
    "But there is undead priests!"
    I'm sure I remember reading in a lore page somewhere that they can be priests because it's not the same Light that paladins channel. They use it for inflicting pain upon enemies in righteous fire! But priests use it for healing, otherwise their attacks are shadow-based....

Pretty sure it's like that, but eh I'm no scientist :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Orc Priests, Draenei Warlocks, and Gnome Hunters are the only ones I can really see happening without completely bending the laws of character creation.

Besides why would you want to be the worst race for pve when ur already the worst class for dps pve.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amber Lemur View Post
    Plus, there are no human shamans to begin with because they already do not have the ability to commune with nature that a shaman requires. As Luthadal said; goblins are pushing it already.
    Uuum, gilneans had druids before the curse, so humans apparently have the ability to commune with nature, plus there's both human and undead hunters now, despite pontius' claim, undeads repell at least certain beasts
    Normal dogs won't come anywhere near me nowadays. I was devastated when I found out... I used to love the beasts.
    Plaguehounds make for a fine substitute, however. They're not quite as... easy on the eyes. But then again, neither am I! - Pontius
    So yeah, you can make anything work with a little "dont give a shit about previous lore".

Also, you can spin a lot in terms of forsaken shamans. A shaman is about the spirits of the elements, their ancestors and nature.

Ancestors: There's been a lot going on with the people in loarderon. They themselves are ancestral spirits somehow, as they had already lived their live. It's just that they returned. Being among the suffering dead, why would their ancestors refuse to listen to them? "You were raised from the dead an I not, screw you, not helping you!"

Nature: The nature in tirisfal glades and the plaquelands is as corrupted as the forsaken themselves. They are both suffering by the same/similar issue. Why wouldn't they being able to communicate then? With the circle of cenarius being able to fight the plight in the plaquelands, I would even think it possible to cure the forsaken.

Elements: The elements have their own way of doing things. If you do respect their powers and kindly ask for help (having the gift helps), they will aid you. Obundo was forsaken by the light, just like the forsaken. With the elements having lost their worshippers as orcish shamanism was abolished, they searched for new ones, even if corrupted and, well, forsaken.
    The elements lack someone paying them homage in the upper part of the north of the eastern kingdoms. Some forsaken resolving to bring nature back to balance, why not?

and i want a night elf shaman.
    13/13

Monk

Personally I think every race should be able to be any class. Just because races have certain societal norms doesn't mean that you, as an individual that can make your own decisions, should agree with them. What's stopping a tauren from studying arcane magic other than maybe the tauren society frowning upon it? Should you care? Isn't freedom of choice and customization to make your perfect character what MMORPGs should be about?

Then again, I do understand valid lore reasons that physically stop a certain race becoming certain classes, such as the undead and light. There is, however, one instance of an undead raid boss wielding holy magic (Sir Zeliek), therefore it isn't impossible. Surely "the adventurer" is far more exceptional individual.

I'd much prefer undead had a racial option so I could make an undead tauren or undead goblin model... that would be very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Fuck no. That sounds ultra lame.

- - - Updated - - -

There is a need because some combos just don't work. Gnome druids? Orc priests? Blood elf shamans? No. Those are terrible combos. Diversity is a good thing.
    There's a Blood Elf Druid "Botanist", that uses arcane magic to manipulate plants/nature, I see no reason why the same couldn't apply to elemental magic.

I am not advocating for inclusion of Undead Shaman. However, if there were, their totems could totally be ghoul hands sticking out of the ground. I think that would be pretty cool.

Deleted
    At this point class/restrictions are only there because Blizzard would like to sell them to you as a feature in one of the next expansions.

There's no lore reason to have such restrictions. Not even Draenai Warlocks.

Draenei shaman is the only shaman race worth having

I would prefer each race having 1-2 class options rather than every class having every class option. With that being said, I don't think either of those are good ideas.