Deleted

Switching over to mastery from crit (Fury)

Hi everyone,

I've recently gotten the trinket from gorefiend that nets me near 40% crit raid buffed.
    Now I've been simming for a few hours and switching my enchants to mastery seems to gain me about 40 dps no matter what I do, but when looking at the fury guide on icy-veins it seems to me I should be switching to mastery right about now.

Also, I've run a sim with 18% haste and around 34% crit which seems to get me even lower than when I dont reach the 18% haste that a fury should be aiming for.

Is the net damage gain supposed to be this small or am I doing something wrong?
    Would appriciate if someone could help me out a little bit.

Pheen - EU - Ravencrest

Pheen

Did you run a mastery vs crit reforge plot? That will tell you if there are gains. At 40% crit you should see a gain from going over to mastery. And make sure you check both patchwerk and hecticaddcleave. I've got the crit trinket aswell, and I've changed most of my gems and enchants to mastery. That was a DPS increase for both Arms and fury, although fury wasn't that big it was still significant enough.

Deleted
    I'm not entirely sure how to use a reforge plot, I've just manually edited the enchants every time I ran the sim.

Would the improvement you're getting have anything to do with the fact that you're mostly heroic geared and I'm still heroic BRF and normal HFC?

This isnt MoP anymore where crit >>>>>>>> mastery >>>>>>>>>> haste. the stats are literally that close together in importance. tl;dr, it doesnt matter which stat you go for at this point, they will give you the same dps. if you really have such a fat wallet, then by all means, switch stuff around for a 0.01% gain.

Deleted
    I think the general consensus in the Fury thread was Mastery Enchants on weapons and crit on everything else for a static gain? Also does that haste include the Archi trinket?

Deleted
    no, I do not have the archimonde trinket

I always geared my warrior to have a good amount of crit for example 25% raid buffed in brf, 30% in hfc and go mastery in all slots where i can get it. Basically im going for crit/mastery in every slot obtainable and go for mastery/whatever good stat in others. Im not hardcore tho we raid mythic casually and i never had problems with my warrior dps or anything. Anyways imo the dps doesnt changes alot if u go mastery after a while so its totally up to you. Im runing my setup as crit enchants on everything that is enchantable exept weapons where i use mastery ones. Cheers

7+ Year Old Account
    I would recommend stay above 30% crit buffed.

I have dropped down to 28% crit (as I am focusing a lot more on arms - lol mastery so good) and it is really obvious when I go into a crit drought.

Also having the world breaker really changes the gearing dynamic for fury, so keep that in mind.
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."