Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb If you could make a game about something...

Greetings and Salutations my dear champions!

So, if you could make a game about anything, anything you can think about, what would be the result of your creativity?

I would make a game about Berserk. An Open World Action RPG set in the bloody universe of the manga series? Hell yea!

And you, my champion?

See you soon!

7+ Year Old Account
    a spiritual successor to psychonauts

10+ Year Old Account
    A classic beat-em-up in the style of Konami's classic arcade games like TMNT, The Simpsons and X-Men. The game would be expanded with way more stages and a combo system for pulling off special moves. The character roster however would be a complete nostalgia fest of cartoon, tv show, movie and comic characters from the 80s and 90s, all using signature moves from the licensed games from that era that they stared in. So basically you would travel through the worlds based off of those series after choosing up to 4 players from a roster that included the Ninja Turtles, the members of G.I. Joe, Scrooge McDuck, Batman, the Power Rangers, Bucky'O'Hare, Darkwing Duck, the X-Men, the Avengers, Sailor Moon, Goofy, Spider-Man, the Simpsons, Uncle Fester, Goku, the California Raisins, the Toxic Avenger, Mickey Mouse, the Lone Ranger, Bugs Bunny and so many, many more, all blasting their way through a refined classic-style co-op beat-em-up covered in a unhealthy amount of nostalgic cheese.

I've been craving an RTS game with a HUGE variety of buildings, techs and units that spans all of recorded history. Something as long as a Civilization marathon game and and just as many buildings and wonders but without the single city feel... more like Age of Empires. Of course it would have units that would upgrade their weapons and fighting style throughout the ages as well as buildings that would change and be used for new purposes.
    When work feels overwhelming, remember that you're going to die.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would make an RPG centered around a functional and easy to use toolset. Like in Neverwinter Nights, only with modern graphics, with action-based combat and with big developer support: endless official textures, creatures, tools, mods... So many people would like to make their own stories that will be played by other people, but nowadays it is really easy to do only in Neverwinter Nights 1/2 toolsets, and, since the games are very old, communities are small and developer support is non-existent - few people actually get to doing anything there.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Always thought Mistborns would be a solid platform to create an RPG from. Probably set it around the time the 2nd major trilogy is planned to be set. It's a shame the actually Mistborn game is been made by a rather awful company as opposed to say Arkane Studios who'd blow it out of the water imo

Something similar to 'Life is Strange' but with even more depth. For instance, I would love to have control over every detail of what my character wears, down to socks and underwear and having fashion actually matter in some way with regards to how the NPC AI responds to you. Saints Row the Third scratched the surface of this by giving you 'Respect' whenever you wore certain outfits.

I would create a new IP, it would be a fantasy MMORPG, in a truly open world. The world would be earth size, it would take the players months to reach new continents by ship. I would also want NPC with, artificial intelligence, so that the come up with their own quests based on what they need, or what troubles they have. Players would have dynamic conversations with NPCs by typing, just like they do with other players. I would allow player modding to help fill in the massive world with more weapons, armor, items, and quests, in the end the team would get the final decision weather or not something is good enough to make it in the game.

The game would be as immersive as possible, players would have one life, so there is a real sense of danger in the world, and players would have to prepare extensively before they go on a Journey. Crafting would be realistic also, players would have to craft each part of an armor individually, it would take days to complete one armor/weapon. I would not focus too heavily on balance, or classes, I would allow some skilled players to become god like, through unique, and legendary items. The economy would be well thought out, allowing for a real social class, where most players are dirt poor or middle class, and a very few very rich. Currency would be very valuable, allowing you to live in high class areas, where lower class players cannot even visit. Wealthy characters would also have a much easier time acquiring powerful items. Basically this game would be a MMO fantasy world simulation, where players start out worthless, and attempt to achieve wealth, power and renown.

I would make a game where you are a mercenary leader in a fantasy setting. You have to maintain your mercenary band and hire new people, and send them on contracts. You have to manage the finances by paying for their supplies and armor and such, which if they die you do not get back. You have to balance the income from contracts with the price of completing the contracts. There would be several factions and ultimately the outcome of the story depends on who you do missions for. Combat would be like xcom/FF-tactics.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fiif View Post
    Always thought Mistborns would be a solid platform to create an RPG from. Probably set it around the time the 2nd major trilogy is planned to be set. It's a shame the actually Mistborn game is been made by a rather awful company as opposed to say Arkane Studios who'd blow it out of the water imo
    Wait, there is going to be another trilogy?
    I need to go take a cold shower...
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    Total War or Mount&Blade style Game of Thrones

10+ Year Old Account
    Well for one, I've always wanted like a darker open world Pokemon RPG like Coliseum for the Gamecube. Back then I thought that was going to be the new thing for Pokemon like an actual 3D open world RPG with totally different characters and an actual original story instead of beat all gym leaders and the nthe elite four. Coliseum had a much more interesting story and it was like a breath of fresh air, something new for once with Pokemon and they did almost perfectly. It's become my all time favorite Pokemon game. The music was cool too. If I had a chance to make this happen I would do it in a heartbeat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bach0r View Post
    Total War or Mount&Blade style Game of Thrones
    This would be awesome.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

My dream game is already being made, an open world, true to the source material Cyberpunk game, so... I guess I need to re-evaluate and find a new dream game that won't ever be obtainable!

An RPG/MMO set in the Last Airbender/Legend of Korra Universe.

Halo gameplay + Warcraft style open world + Resident Evil and Silent Hill style setting

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victorya View Post
    I would make a game about Berserk. An Open World Action RPG set in the bloody universe of the manga series? Hell yea!
    -DARK SOULS, well hehe miyasaki got his inspirations from berserk and its quite obvious.

I'd make a game based around a family struggling against a dictatorship in terms of not only politics, but social interactions, maybe it was touched a bit by this war of mine, but idk, maybe create some tension between two families with different political ideologies where you get to chose if to reveal their identity or not (or person you dont like and be able to create a lie about their politics thus killing them).
    Maybe another one based on mayan culture, it needs more representation, maybe dark souls inspired game would be fucking awesome for a mayan, mapuche culture setting (mapuche culture is quite interesting in terms of demoniology and shamanism, look at zeno clash or the last game of ace team which i forgot)
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

A fantasy RTS with campaigns structured the same way as Starcraft or Warcraft 3.
    Take all the basic mechanisms of Heroes, items critters.
    Add optional quests in the map, add more variety for spells, talents, levels and customization for your hero.
    It would either be 1) a steampunk world or 2) a classic medieval fantasy.
    1) it would have soldiers in renaissance armor mostly, using pistols, muskets, and some sowrds or spears occasionally. They would have steam powered technology like tanks or lighter vehicles, zeppelins flying machines

2) it would have at least some original races instead of the classic elves orcs dwarves etc.

I'd make a new turn-based D&D RPG, probably using the new 5e ruleset, in the isometric style of the Temple of Elemental Evil game. Ideally it would have an engine to let people create their own adventures and share them Online, as well as play Online with others.

- A good open world mage focused RPG. You hardly see those around.
    - A true version of the Hunger games arena from the movie with the same concept that the map can kill you just as well as other people. Allow the fact to interact with the environment. Climb tree's ect. And place this in most mmo game's pvp. Stripped of all own weapons and gear and survive with what you find till the last man drops or past a certain time limit.