NM/HC & Mythic 13/13 HFC YT-guides & Gorefiend mythic [AddOn]

Hey, my guild members have been busy creating addons and youtube guides to help people progress (and help us kill gorefiend mythic).
    I figured i'd drop a quick post about it as i'm sure it will help atleast a handfull of people with progression themselfs.

So first of all one of my raidmembers has been creating youtube guides this whole expansion for Mythic. This time around they also made HFC guides for Normal & Heroic mode Proper Bird youtube channel.

HFC Normal & Heroic guides.
    HFC Mythic Guides.

Second of all one of our guildmembers coded a Gorefiend mythic addon for us to help keep control over breaking people out of the stomach efficiently.
    Basicly what it does is create a frame that shows everyone that is inside the stomach, how long it will take for them to die to digest with a healthbar that has a line in it that also indicates digest running out.

We are aware that all this is in theory possible with a weakaura but found using an addon to be more lightweight and cleaner. ConsGoreFiend.

Feel free to post any bugs on his cursepage or anything you would like added. (Targeting by clicking on a name on the frame is not possible).
    Last edited by Azshira; 2015-08-25 at 06:24 PM.

Deleted
    The gorefiend addon looks really nice, but what would make it truly amazing would be if you could click on the bar and it would target that player. I'm not sure if this is possible with an addon, but it would really get rid of the biggest annoyance with the mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchmagoz View Post
    The gorefiend addon looks really nice, but what would make it truly amazing would be if you could click on the bar and it would target that player. I'm not sure if this is possible with an addon, but it would really get rid of the biggest annoyance with the mechanic.

Afraid its not, API won't let it or something, mouseover targeting might be possible but you would have to keep your mouse on it permanantly.

Like Nuckels said, Blizzard api don't allow setting secure frames in battle,
    So you can't make buttons targeting something midfight.
    Since the corrupted souls isn't added to the boss frames you can't target them in a addon.
    My addon how ever scans nameplates and grab the hp on the corrupted souls,
    So even tho you don't target them, you can see what hp their at.

Deleted
    Looks like a great addon, but sometimes, there aren't HP/timer bars for all targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Smaikiii View Post
    Looks like a great addon, but sometimes, there aren't HP/timer bars for all targets.
    Your best bet is to post on curse page, hes been fiddling with it but seeing as we only have 1 to 3 pulls per week for him to test with its been rather hard.
    Post any finding's lua errors on the curse page and he will work em out asap.

Obviosuly appreciated <3.

Edit: It got updated 2hours ago after our mythic raid, hopefully most issues are resolved now, some obscure nameplate addons might still interfere tho so if they do please post any findings + lua errors. Also Proper Bird youtube channel is currently dropping mythic guide video's for the tactics we use, the first 4 bosses uploaded so far.
    Last edited by Nuckels; 2015-07-23 at 01:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smaikiii View Post
    thats becose you have to be in range to see the hp bars atm.
    Im working on adding so the addons talk to eachother, so only 1 have to be in range and it tells the others.
    Tho had issues with it not working properly so been working on that, and like nuckels said, its really hard to test it.
    i have to simulate it, and well i keep finding minor bugs all the time

- - - Updated - - -

Just put up the new ver, that should share hp to other people with the addon, hopefully it works, since i can only simulate it.
    Feedback would be nice if anyone tests it

Deleted
    Just updated with the Kilrog Mythic guide as well, trying to get Gorefiend done tomorrow somewhere if I can. ^^

If anyone had a chance to test the latest version of the gorefiend addon posted 40hours ago throw a post and tell us if it did the job, would appreciate it.
    Also Gorefiend Mythic guide up.

/Nuckels

Deleted
    It is still work last night.

Now updated with 13/13 Mythic guides, Archimonde here for the lazy.

This will be the last time I update this thread seeing as we now completed everything related to HFC, for addon related matters contact us using the Curse consgorefiend page.
    Last edited by Nuckels; 2015-08-25 at 06:45 PM.

Gz on killing archimonde!
    Last edited by Deja Thoris; 2015-08-25 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Gz on killing archimonde!
    Thanks, got one final update incoming which is a fail compilation so thatl be good.

Deleted
    the vid-guides are really straight forward, simple to understand...good job on that!!

Quote Originally Posted by dmzPT View Post
    the vid-guides are really straight forward, simple to understand...good job on that!!
    Feel free to throw any questions/thank you's to https://twitter.com/PB_Jinzee but on her behalf, thanks.

Deleted
    As promised, the highlights of our progression this tier. See you next tier!

Highlights

Deleted
    I find it hard to believe that people require a whole new addon for these things when there is Weakauras. I don't troll by the way, I genuinely find it curious. Does it do anything special that Weakauras could never do?

It's possible that the 'table' it supposedly makes might not be easily reproducible in WAs, but I don't know.
    Last edited by mmocdc260e8e2a; 2015-09-09 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    I find it hard to believe that people require a whole new addon for these things when there is Weakauras. I don't troll by the way, I genuinely find it curious. Does it do anything special that Weakauras could never do?

It's possible that the 'table' it supposedly makes might not be easily reproducible in WAs, but I don't know.
    The addon got made for our DK when non of the weakaura's did what he it to do wanted specificly.
    (This was by the time most people just reached gorefiend and no one really shared weakauras.)
    Last edited by Nuckels; 2015-09-09 at 09:02 PM.