Deleted

Combat Opener with 4pc + SC + Classtrinket

What's your combat-openeing routine with 4pc + soul capacitor + classtrinket?

Here's mine:
    Ambush -> SND -> SS -> SS -> AR -> KS -> SS -> EVIS -> Vanish -> Ambush -> Evis -> SC Procc (Mostly).

Deleted
    Why are you using AR before KS ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffafar View Post
    Why are you using AR before KS ?
    15% increased damage to KS

Deleted
    Yeah but aren't you affecting the rest of your rotation as you will have longer to wait between KS

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    What about Revealing Strike?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoeii View Post
    I hereby would like to nominate this person for the tool award.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuravolpe View Post
    Only if we get a pet for the disaster that was your parents deciding to breed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffafar View Post
    Yeah but aren't you affecting the rest of your rotation as you will have longer to wait between KS
    The whole point is to take advantage of SC proc, which boosts everything you do by 30%. As for waiting longer between KS, well, you are not using any Evis until later anyway.

That said, OP you need an RvS in there. Also potentially vanish ambush before KS providing SC procs immediately, which is generally what you will see.

My opener once I get 4pc tier and SC procs on pull: Ambush -> RS -> SnD-> AR -> Vanish -> Ambush -> KS -> SS / Evis until Soul Cap timer done -> probably time to refresh SnD, start pooling cp / energy as normal for unloading during medium / high insight
    Last edited by shaithis; 2015-07-13 at 04:22 PM.
    Ragnar-Os! The only cereal with the Molten Core!
    BY FIBER BE PURGED!
    TASTE THE FLAVORS OF SULFURON!
    TWO SCOOPS, EXECUTUS! TWO SCOOPS!

Deleted
    I do RS, just forgot to add in my list.

Ill try yours shaithis

Quote Originally Posted by shaithis View Post
    The whole point is to take advantage of SC proc, which boosts everything you do by 30%. As for waiting longer between KS, well, you are not using any Evis until later anyway.

That said, OP you need an RvS in there. Also potentially vanish ambush before KS providing SC procs immediately, which is generally what you will see.

My opener once I get 4pc tier and SC procs on pull: Ambush -> RS -> SnD-> AR -> Vanish -> Ambush -> KS -> SS / Evis until Soul Cap timer done -> probably time to refresh SnD, start pooling cp / energy as normal for unloading during medium / high insight
    You would be energy capped for the entirety of that opener, that's just really wasteful. SC in your opener means very little as Combat, just do a normal opener. SC matters when it procs at the start of a wave of adds or something, I don't know why you would want to blow everything in a really wasteful opener just to get like 100k more damage done during your starting SC proc.

Quote Originally Posted by Virium View Post
    You would be energy capped for the entirety of that opener, that's just really wasteful. SC in your opener means very little as Combat, just do a normal opener. SC matters when it procs at the start of a wave of adds or something, I don't know why you would want to blow everything in a really wasteful opener just to get like 100k more damage done during your starting SC proc.
    Good post.

Combat has one of the weakest opener DPS of any spec, so trying to make use of SC at the start is rather useless.

Good points, thanks.
    Ragnar-Os! The only cereal with the Molten Core!
    BY FIBER BE PURGED!
    TASTE THE FLAVORS OF SULFURON!
    TWO SCOOPS, EXECUTUS! TWO SCOOPS!

Is this the kind of thing that is fight dependent though? On Xhul for example, I started with AR (similar to above but without SC, class trinket and only 2+2) and that times red buff perfectly with the first wave of imps where I blow KS. Iskar on the other hand, I'd do KS first as it should be back up I think by the time adds comes out. I'm a bit of a combat noob though.