Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Blood Mages already exists in lore....they are a Warlock Mage hybrid. Not really suited for healing.

The play style could work....but Rogues aren't seen as a magic class or a healer. They don't use daggers as a focus for their magic...they use them to stab people. Nor are they a ranged class who stands in the back rank.

There's a disconnect there that bothers me. You could give them a healing spec easily enough....and potentially even explain that aspect as an offshoot of poisons...but I don't think healing really suits the Rogue.

EJL
    Yeah its farfetched, but still could work. I think it makes more sense then a tank rogue. My vote does go for giving rogues a ranged dps spec though.

Deleted
    mage tank

battlemage
    uses int plate gear or uses cloth gear but then uses a "stance" to conjure heavy looking armor

uses spells and heavy armor to taunt/cc and tank monsters
    Last edited by mmocc06943eaac; 2015-07-13 at 03:33 PM.

I'd actually like to see an entirely new "role" that's called support, not just tank or heals. The pure dps (or other classes could do this too) would sacrifice some damage, but gain new control abilities, better kiting, more interrupts, buffs/debuffs, or whatever. Would it be hard to balance? Yep. Would it be hard to see how good someone is? I guess. But it would open up a lot of interesting boss mechanics I think. Do you bring more DPS or do you bring a few support guys who can control better or put up extra debuffs?

Give a rogue spec that lets you use like 5 poisons at once or a mage spec that has freezes out the ying yang. In those examples, the support role would probably replace, not add on a new spec.

Quote Originally Posted by rpgmancer View Post
    Rogue could also potentially tank using mostly dodge. Evasion tanking ;D
    I don't see this happening. A softer, leather wearing tank with a good amount of survival tied to avoidance is basically a brewmaster.

Quote Originally Posted by agnow View Post
    mage tank

battlemage
    uses int plate gear or cloth gear but uses a "stance" to conjure heavy looking armor
    I doubt they'd change armor types but a battle mage that used all three schools of mage magic with a mix of conjuration would be very bad ass.
    Last edited by tuesday the paladin; 2015-07-13 at 03:35 PM.

you would get far more specs that are in garbage limbo like dps shaman