Alts vs 6.2 vs Garrison level 3

Sorry if this has already been asked, but do I really need to pay 5k gold for every single one of my alts to be able to experience 6.2 (Taanan Jungle)? I just feels wrong being forced to have to pay that just so I can enjoy the new content on my alts...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by land View Post
    Sorry if this has already been asked, but do I really need to pay 5k gold for every single one of my alts to be able to experience 6.2 (Taanan Jungle)? I just feels wrong being forced to have to pay that just so I can enjoy the new content on my alts...
    5k really isn't asking for much, considering how much you get reimbursed in this expansion. Even doing one weekly cata 25 H run will net you that much.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

How do you get level 100 without making 5k gold? :S Even so, 5k gold is like, nothing, I made 150k past 2 days, gold is worthless these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know about you, but there's not a whole lot to enjoy about Tanaan..

Deleted
    Here's my checklist of goals to maximize alt goldmaking in patch 6.2

-Gear up my alts to 675 itemlevel ON CHARACTER to trigger the new 6.2 missions
    -Farm up 4-5k honor on each alt to unlock "Domination of XXXXX" PvP missions on them for the entire season (worked on my Warrior in WarS1)
    -Not really bother with shipyard because the rewards are bad and it uses up massive amount of GRs.

Those new 675 ilvl missions (mount, 1000 rep token, 1000 cq token etc) make up for the raw gold nerf easily. I can't really see those items devaluing that much over the course of patch because the mission has a week long cooldown (so you can only get 11 missions a week of this type) and the items you get are highly desirable for anyone.

Well done on Blizzard part and that's not a sarcasm. BoE items like that should be mission rewards from the start, instead of raw money. Medallion of the legion or 1000 cq token are valuable but do not directly create gold.

I should have rephrased my question better. Is the lvl 3 a hard requirement for Taanan? Ie theres no way around it even for alts?

I should have rephrased my question better. Is the lvl 3 a hard requirement for Taanan? Ie theres no way around it even for alts?
    Garrison level 3 is the pre-req, yes.

I never really looked at it that way. Can you just get away with paying 5k gold to level your town hall? I've always looked at it as costing 25k-30k per alt, because I felt obligated to level all the buildings, but I guess maybe you can just skip the buildings.

Deleted
    Yeah, you NEED level 3 garrison to access TJ content, because you NEED a shipyard to get there.

At least at the moment. Once we get this flying patch you will be able to just fly there like it's nothing. The question is WHEN we get this flying patch. Blizzard is playing with fire here and I have a sad feeling that this announcement was just made to stop this absolute wall of flames on their forums. That's how this community works - Ion with his polygon interview dropped a bomb that sparked up an incredible shitstorm (NO FLYING EVAH! U SPENT 20 EUR ON FLYING MOUNTS? TOUGH SHIT LOSER!) so they needed to quickly come up with a containment plan. It worked. Flying threads are now much less common, even thogh people are getting impatient.

The problem is not getting there (you can already be ported from a warlock), the problem is that phasing is activated and you can not do any quests if you do not have the shipyard.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't need a shipyard to get there. You can use Aviana's feather, or get summoned. I've done that on alts that I didn't want to bother with the shipyard. It does limit you, since you can't do the dailies, but if you just want to go kill Kazzak or kill rares for baleful stuff you can.

You can simply walk into Tanaan, but Volmar / Lion's Watch won't appear to you, nor any of the bonus objectives.

From a guy with 11 lvl 3 garrisons:

Garrisons give you tens of thousands (if not hundreds of thousands) of gold. 5k is a small price to pay

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    From a guy with 11 lvl 3 garrisons:

Garrisons give you tens of thousands (if not hundreds of thousands) of gold. 5k is a small price to pay
    Yea, even post nerf the gold generation is pretty damn sick. I currently make ca. 42-48k gold a week with 8 garrisons. Long term that's even venturing into "millions"... if patch 6.2 will last a year like people are expecting it to last, that'll be 2.5 million gold from that alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness View Post
    You don't need a shipyard to get there. You can use Aviana's feather, or get summoned. I've done that on alts that I didn't want to bother with the shipyard. It does limit you, since you can't do the dailies, but if you just want to go kill Kazzak or kill rares for baleful stuff you can.
    Which is more work than just pressing a few buttons to upgrade your garrison.

Deleted
    Another question is why you feel the need to go there with all your alts, it really isnt that much to experience.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotan View Post
    Another question is why you feel the need to go there with all your alts, it really isnt that much to experience.
    maybe he wants to gear his alts with blateful, which are not account wide bound, unless you get them from shipyard missions.
    who knows
    A woman should never invest in a relationship she wouldn't want her daughter in, nor allow any man to treat her in a way her son would get scoled for.