Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Rap that glorifies money and violence annoys me, because I think it teaches the youth who listen to it the wrong lessons.
    Last time I listened to Tupac he was still part of Digital Underground.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Rap that glorifies money and violence annoys me, because I think it teaches the youth who listen to it the wrong lessons. There's a reason why many inner city kids dream about being the next big rapper instead of being a teacher, or a fireman...

Rap that talks about the real struggles due to being poor, a minority, living in a violence-ridden area etc has real social value and should be encouraged.
    I agree, I understand some youth turn to drugs and violence as a way of coping, and that is a sad state of affairs that speaks about the systematic problems people face, but when you have rappers talking about lives they no longer live, and just contributing to the hatred and issues that helps to keep those barriers in place, and make millions off of it, then it's really less about the struggle, and more about material to sell for entertainment.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    So basically he is another scumbag millionaire ducking out on paying his fair share.
    Oh Lord, the fair share police. What a scumbag wanting to protect his money. I get that he owes what he owes and stuff, but people who act morally superior to rich just because said rich people use sneaky methods to keep their money are so annoying. It's like you wouldn't want to protect your assets if you had a lot of money. Down with the rich capitalists keeping us all in chains though amirite? I mean clearly this dude only has money because he was born into it, and he clearly didn't work hard to earn everything he has.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this a personal or business bankruptcy? As Trump has taught us, you can have one or the other, but not necessarily both.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I remember hearing on the radio a few months ago that 50 cent made something like a 3mil bet on the Mayweather/Pacquiao fight. Guess he bet on Pacquiao?
    He bet on Mayweather.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by runique View Post
    Oh Lord, the fair share police. What a scumbag wanting to protect his money. I get that he owes what he owes and stuff, but people who act morally superior to rich just because said rich people use sneaky methods to keep their money are so annoying. It's like you wouldn't want to protect your assets if you had a lot of money. Down with the rich capitalists keeping us all in chains though amirite? I mean clearly this dude only has money because he was born into it, and he clearly didn't work hard to earn everything he has.
    What the fuck are you talking about, he sued because he was caught blatantly ripping off someone else, and now might be trying to duck out of a judgement, because he is too much of scheming asshole, to just pay what he owes. But let me guess you are one of those people duped into believing everybody rich and successful obviously worked hard and earned it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Is this a personal or business bankruptcy? As Trump has taught us, you can have one or the other, but not necessarily both.
    50 is a Moron and a Republican and probably going to Vote for Trump so it would make sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rap that glorifies money and violence annoys me, because I think it teaches the youth who listen to it the wrong lessons. There's a reason why many inner city kids dream about being the next big rapper instead of being a teacher, or a fireman...

Rap that talks about the real struggles due to being poor, a minority, living in a violence-ridden area etc has real social value and should be encouraged.
    Wholeheartedly agree. I don't listen to any of today's modern rap/hip-hop, because it's become too simple. Propping up material possessions and money above all else, rather than telling a story. It's why I have so much respect for Kendrick Lamar who still adheres to the roots of Rap. He weaves a jazzy feel into his music and attempts to tell a story. His latest album is borderline genius in that every track is like a chapter and tells the story of an individual from beginning to end.

Hip-Hop and Rap of today is just a constant machine churning out piss poor quality music to appeal to club hits with repetitive hooks and one hit wonders. I'm definitely not a fan of the genre in it's current iteration and do believe it continues to push a negative image on inner city kids and low income neighborhoods as I've witnessed firsthand. The idea that material things way out of your reach are much more important and that self image is the only thing that matters.

I have no clue how some of the kids in my old neighborhood were managing to afford Prada clothing, Gucci shoes, $300 belts and the list goes on. Though some rappers if not most do end up giving back to the community, their music has a much larger affect than a couple donations to the local Rec Center.

What the fuck are you talking about, he sued because he was caught blatantly ripping off someone else, and now might be trying to duck out of a judgement, because he is too much of scheming asshole, to just pay what he owes. But let me guess you are one of those people duped into believing everybody rich and successful obviously worked hard and earned it.

- - - Updated - - -

50 is a Moron and a Republican and probably going to Vote for Trump so it would make sense.
    He's a democrat and what he is doing is just a business move. They make laws and then you use them to your advantage, at least that's what smart people do. He's doing nothing wrong, probably advised by his lawyer. It's nice to play pretend on the internet and act as if you wouldn't do the same thing.

Interesting and unexpected, out of all celebrities I never really thought that would happen to him. He was one of the richest rappers and seemed to be doing very well for himself. Huh.

EDIT: Nevermind, he's still smart. I see what he's (probably) doing.
    Last edited by Megitsune; 2015-07-13 at 06:19 PM.

These threads are the types that show how much one really knows about finance. As several people have pointed out, calling him broke would be, at best, naive.

Sync by 50!

No so SLEEK NOW 50!
    I like those blue ones, I'd get a pair.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    He's a democrat and what he is doing is just a business move. They make laws and then you use them to your advantage, at least that's what smart people do. He's doing nothing wrong, probably advised by his lawyer. It's nice to play pretend on the internet and act as if you wouldn't do the same thing.
    Nope he is a Republican, and what you describe is called fraud, and it is normally considered fraud or evading. But then again, I am pretty damn sure in someone's view getting off the hook after you fucking got caught stealing someone else's shit is something justifiable as long as you aren't poor or a minority.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Megitsune View Post
    Interesting and unexpected, out of all celebrities I never really thought that would happen to him. He was one of the richest rappers and seemed to be doing very well for himself. Huh.

EDIT: Nevermind, he's still smart. I see what he's (probably) doing.
    Yeah, I see what he is doing it's called lying and fraud.

Nope he is a Republican
    Citation needed. "50 Cent supported Hillary Clinton for president in 2008."

Your opinion is it's fraud.

Nope he is a Republican, and what you describe is called fraud, and it is normally considered fraud or evading. But then again, I am pretty damn sure in someone's view getting off the hook after you fucking got caught stealing someone else's shit is something justifiable as long as you aren't poor or a minority.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I see what he is doing it's called lying and fraud.
    I mean morally it depends on how you look at it. Business wise though it's smart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Citation needed. "50 Cent supported Hillary Clinton for president in 2008."

Your opinion is it's fraud.
    No, that is a fact, when you file bankruptcy but aren't actually in distress and no you aren't in distress, but do it so you don't have to pay a judgement you owe for stealing someone else s design, in order to make money off it.

Yeah So, Cindy Crawford supported Obama in 08, she still a Republican

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2012...y-republicans/

Number 10 after Shannen Doherty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now he only have 50 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Megitsune View Post
    I mean morally it depends on how you look at it. Business wise though it's smart.
    No there is no moral question about it, but what I am more importantly pointing out is ethically, he got a judgement because he tried to take someone else's property and become rich off of it, otherwise known as theft, a judge agreed, and rather than fight it, or be a decent man and pay up, he decided to use his money to circumvent the law.

Smart business, only if your business is garbage.

Yeah, that really is helping the economy and the kids when you talk about how much bling bling you got, while those very same kids hear messages about how you got your riches, by selling narcotics, murder, and basically fucking people up.

I say good riddance to bad rubbish if this is the start of a trend.

But, but Fitty once gave homeless kids sandwiches. So what, just because you give something, doesn't mean you are part of helping to solve the problem
    Lol, all 50 cent ever did was talk about shitty the hood was, nor glorify it. The only lifestyle he glorified, aka money drugs and hoes is rich white businessmen lifestyle, not broke ass hood lifestyle. Your bias is hilarious.

How lovely, those whom have been exposed to a limited selection of Hip Hop seem to speak the loudest.