View Poll Results: Will you pre-order expansion 6?

Voters
235. This poll is closed
  • Yes - Blizzard, take my money!

82 34.89%
  • No - xyz qualm makes me not want to pre-order

153 65.11%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    No. Unless they can prove that they can make an expansion worth 60 + sub money in the next one, I might preorder the one after that. But not the next one.

Maybe. If I do, it will be near the very tail end of its development so I know exactly what I am getting. Last time, they flat up falsely advertised their expansion. The shop page said it added a new bg, but did not add one.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    I never pre-order anyway. It's funny. I go to Best Buy on release day and the line for people who pre-ordered is 45 minutes long. I just walk in, grab my Collector's Edition from the table, pay for it and walk out inside of 8 minutes.

It depends in the bonuses. I don't mind throwing the money down to level, but if there's no end game content I won't remain subbed when I ding.

Didn't we have a similar thread already? Wihtout the obvious troll bait?

I preordered WoD - not doing that mistake again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Yes I'm Jaylock, and yes I have some very strong opinions. Problem?

It would be nice to see more people pre-ordering. The more players supporting Blizz, the more potential they have to make A+ content.
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with having strong opinions. You just seem to talk down to people who don't agree with you. That doesn't make for a good discussion. Just saying.

And I can see what you're saying about the pre-ordering, I would think so as well to a point.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    This seems not to be the case.
    But, sadly, I have to agree with this. I know Blizzard can do great things with WoW. I have played through it. I have appreciated most of the QoL changes they have implemented. I have thoroughly enjoyed every single expansion (yes, including Cata), but to me WoD is just mostly (not all of it) garbage. Makes me wonder at times where is the money going and what is going on down in Irvine.
    Last edited by Honeyprime; 2015-07-13 at 06:42 PM.
    Karma always has the last laugh.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Almost certainly the CE, which I've been getting since Wrath. Unless they make some monumentally awful decisions that make me second guess it, of course. Or if it's just a bad concept that I'll need to 'wait and see' for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not with the opinions or their strength. But yes, given your history of trying to provoke, I have issues with your sincerity. That's on you and how you've posted here.

It would be nice to see more people pre-ordering. The more players supporting Blizz, the more potential they have to make A+ content.
    They've already decided what the next expansion is and are building it. Preorders make most game developers lazy, not great. One of the biggest issues we have in gaming right now is people preordering then getting a game that's buggy, doesn't contain everything implied, etc. Look at all the AAA releases that disappoint on release with either stability or amount of content or both.

Deleted
    Well I already know I'm gonna play it at least for the first few months so yes, why not.

Strong opinions, no. Your consistent habit of attempting to provoke controversy on the other hand...

With that said, and ontopic: I will buy it whatever it is, sight unseen, in collector's edition form. I'm not feeling done with WoW quite yet so I can say that without feeling fanboyish. Maybe the next one will burn me out, but it hasn't happened yet.

I preordered WoD and learned my lesson. I won't make the mistake of trusting what they "plan to release" again.

Absolutely not. If I knew what WoD would have been, I would've taken a break for this expansion entirely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe. Depends on the expansion.

Fools and their money....

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, I will not be pre-ordering, or even purchasing the next expansion. I loved playing the game for eight years. The incremental changes to it over that time, however, have finally resulted in a game that I no longer enjoy very much and don't want to pay for any more. More power to any and all that are still enjoying the game. I'm not badmouthing WoW, it's just not for me anymore.

@Jaylock: It's fine to have opinions. Where you often cross the line is presenting your opinion as fact, or presenting it as if a majority (based on anecdotal evidence, at best) agree with you and validate the opinion. Opinion does not equal fact. Opinions are open to debate. Facts are not. Presenting your opinion as fact does not end debate.

It depends how it looks when its announced and after I play through the BETA.

If its anything like WoD and they rip content out left and right because they oversold at BlizzCon I would be pissed.

So I voted 'No' for now, due to what happened with WoD.

Oppositely to all previous ones - i will not pre-order.
    I do not trust Blizzard anymore after all unfulfilled WoD promises.
    Will i buy it anytime later? Thats harder question.

Enjoying WoD. Will pre-order the next one. The first 2-3 months of every new expansion are the best times to play wow, in my opinion. New story, new characters, leveling up, rushing dungeons\heroics, first raids, bla bla bla.

So yea, for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    If there's more orcs in the next expansion i will not pre order. Sick of tired of Orcs 'barf'