View Poll Results: Will you pre-order expansion 6?

Voters
235. This poll is closed
  • Yes - Blizzard, take my money!

82 34.89%
  • No - xyz qualm makes me not want to pre-order

153 65.11%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Nope. Next wow xpac will be out for a couple months to where I can gather opinions of it before I will even think about buying it. Chances are it won't happen anyway given how much fun I'm having with other games.

Deleted
    They deserve it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering how good WoD looked like in the announcement trailer and then seeing how it turned out, the next announcement trailer has to be 10 times better for me to consider pre-ordering it

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post

It would be nice to see more people pre-ordering. The more players supporting Blizz, the more potential they have to make A+ content.

Aahahahahahaa.

Indeed, you are Jaylock.

Yes because it's going to be good. WoD has been an awful expansion for WoW, but compared to the loads of horrible MMOs out there, WoD is pretty good.

Throw in a Limited Edition item only available when you pre-order and I might. XP

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Really depends on the mount that'll come with the expac, but I will more than likely pre-order it. Really hoping for a hint at the next one come Gamescom and some actual footage during Blizzcon but the odds of that happening are very low...

Why pre-order when you can just wait until you found out whether it is actually good or not? All this pre-order culture has done is made devs half-hearted. They already have the money. It's what it has done to almost all game companies.

So unless they put their heart back in it, no. They'll have to win back my pre-order.

Lets just say I won't be purchasing it based on things like the 90 boost this time around.

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Why pre-order when you can just wait until you found out whether it is actually good or not? All this pre-order culture has done is made devs half-hearted. They already have the money. It's what it has done to almost all game companies.

So unless they put their heart back in it, no. They'll have to win back my pre-order.
    Get used to it, most game developers are going down the pre-order bonus route and pumping out shitty games.

Not sure. The current dev team seems like they are the enemies of fun, ex: the shipyard.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a general rule: I do not peorder.
    Show me the actual product and I show you the money. :>

10+ Year Old Account
    even if you plan to play I'm not sure why you'd preorder. Before digital downloads I could understand it - you wanted to have the game on day 1 and the best way to ensure that was a preordered box even if it wasn't CE. But now you can grab the digital download the day of launch or the week before or whatever. If you care about the CE you can usually get them at retail. I do understand that you might want to ENSURE you get a CE box and thus preorder... but aside from that, why on earth would anyone preorder any game (not just WoW)? Why commit your money before you can see what the product is?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Commander Jon Snow View Post
    Get used to it, most game developers are going down the pre-order bonus route and pumping out shitty games.
    I know. It's sad that people still don't learn from all those times they've been shit on after pre-ordering, but all I can do is not buy into it. And so that's what I'll do, even if I'm the only one. (I'm not, but still.)

Depends... are Garrisons or anything like them going to be in the next expansion? If so, then NO.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Simple question, will you pre-order the next expansion for WoW??

I know I will. Just from the quality that we have seen so far is enough to justify a pre-order for the next expansion. I don't care what the expansion has in it, I know it will be great. Even if the expansion was just one raid tier, 7 dungeons, a new continent, and cost $60, I would still pre-order it.

So, are you guys going to pre-order? Collectors Edition for me all the way!
    How can you can possibly expect people to give an informed answer to that question, considering we know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about the upcoming expansion? We don't know if it'll feature flight from the get-go, we don't know if it'll feature a new race or two, we don't know if it'll feature a new class, we don't know its theme, we don't know where the expansion will happen, we don't know if a prominent Horde or Alliance character will become evil, we don't know if an evil character from the Horde or Alliance will be redeemed... Hell, we don't even know it's name!! We don't know a single thing about the upcoming expansion...

So how can you expect us to give you an informed answer?

I've had every CE so far. No reason to stop now. The game has Stockholm Syndrome'd me.

10+ Year Old Account
    After how much got dropped from Warlords? Not even it came with a free solid gold statue of my main.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    If the story is good, yes...

but if it's made up crap again...

Ooooooooh goly~
    | [ My Twitch ] |

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    even if you plan to play I'm not sure why you'd preorder. Before digital downloads I could understand it - you wanted to have the game on day 1 and the best way to ensure that was a preordered box even if it wasn't CE. But now you can grab the digital download the day of launch or the week before or whatever. If you care about the CE you can usually get them at retail. I do understand that you might want to ENSURE you get a CE box and thus preorder... but aside from that, why on earth would anyone preorder any game (not just WoW)? Why commit your money before you can see what the product is?
    Well, the reason I did it with WoD is because I have been very happy with all the other expansions and had every intention on continuing playing. Maybe not the best reason, but it was mine. Maybe that is why I'm so floored about what happened with WoD. I wasn't expecting what happened and the change of direction at all.

I did end up cancelling my pre-order though and waited a bit. In the end I picked up WoD anyway to give it a chance.
    Last edited by Honeyprime; 2015-07-13 at 07:19 PM.
    Karma always has the last laugh.