Critical Chance for Mission Discoveries

From patch 1.2 onward, Mission Discovery missions cannot fail. But, can a companion score a critical success on these missions? Do they follow the normal critical chance of regular missions?

I have never experienced a critical success, and am wondering if I should care which companion I send on these missions.

I have a sneaking suspicion you need to be a sub to get them. Every time I've had a sub active I've found myself getting critical successes with relative frequently. But I honestly can't remember ever getting one as a non-sub player.

Could be totally wrong though, just my experience.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    No idea about the sub thing, but the mission discoveries can indeed crit. The normal level 500 Underworld Trading ones give 3 Doonium and 3 of the cloth. When they crit, I get 5 of each.

10+ Year Old Account
    I purchased the perks that increase critical chance for augmentation. That has had an increase in the critical chance for missions as well. So does having max affection.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    I purchased the perks that increase critical chance for augmentation. That has had an increase in the critical chance for missions as well. So does having max affection.
    I know the normal Crew Skill missions can have a critical result, but I was wondering specifically about Mission Discoveries (consumable Mission tokens that provide Prosperous or Wealthy Yield).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by palswim View Post
    I know the normal Crew Skill missions can have a critical result, but I was wondering specifically about Mission Discoveries (consumable Mission tokens that provide Prosperous or Wealthy Yield).
    Oh yeah, they are able to. It's just that they take so long to complete that the chances of you getting it to proc over a month. It's 4 hours if I believe and you can only do it one at a time.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Depending on the crew skill some have a couple depending on skill. I know with Underworld Trading there are 2 discoveries you can get so that you can have two going at the same time. I try to buy them off the GTN when it's worth making a few credits off them. However, I've noticed lately that the price will be on par with what I'd sell the mats for or higher, so a lot of the time it's not worth it and I don't see why people buy them for those crazy prices. You lose money in terms of price per mat.