Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    It's sort of a non-issue at the moment anyway, due to the Tories having a majority government. People are more annoyed by the principal.

I'd be kinda sad if this vote tips on SNP MPs contributions though, because it would mean almost half of parliament supports fox hunting, and that the bill would possibly pass if there was an English only parliament.

Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    Aren't animal cruelty laws nationwide for the uk?
    Having 20 dogs tear apart a fox isn't animal cruelty. We need it to stop them from murdering all of the chickens that we lock in sheds for their entire lives before we eat them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyuben View Post
    Frankly if only England wants to, they shouldn't.

If Scots hate fox hunting so much, they can restrict it.

The funny thing is the law that the scots are voting against is already in place in Scotland. So this is just being done to fuck with the government. Not only is it vindictive, stupid and undemocratic it needs to be stamped out with legislation.
    What your describing is simply independence. Something at least the ruling parliamentary party (I don't know about all) were opposed to just a year ago. Part of being in a group means having to fall in line sometimes, otherwise the group is meaningless.
    Games I'm playing right now (not necessarily literally):
    D3, CS:GO, TF2, Hearthstone
    Hit me up if you wanna play sometime.

Deleted
    Aren't animal cruelty laws nationwide for the uk?
    That depends on where you stand on fox hunting. Personally i'm all for it, living in the country, they're a menace.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyuben View Post
    The funny thing is the law that the scots are voting against is already in place in Scotland. So this is just being done to fuck with the government. Not only is it vindictive, stupid and undemocratic it needs to be stamped out with legislation.
    Sticking it to the Tories and preventing their underhanded approach to (essentially) legalizing foxhunting is an added bonus. The law in Scotland is under review due to hunts not adhering to it. It's most likely going to be strengthened, advocating England adopts our tried and failed law is stupid.
    Last edited by Shadowmelded; 2015-07-13 at 11:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    England and Scotland are both part of the United Kingdom union, but we do not have to agree on everything. Currently Scotland has more powers over its own laws than England does.
    Yes I understand this. I still don't see what your point is. It sounds like you want England to have its own parliament with more autonomy like Scotland. That's a separate issue.

- - - Updated - - -

That depends on where you stand on fox hunting. Personally i'm all for it, living in the country, they're a menace.
    There are means of animal population control that don't require needless suffering simply for the pleasure of some demented rich fucks on horses.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fexus View Post
    Yes I understand this. I still don't see what your point is. It sounds like you want England to have its own parliament with more autonomy like Scotland. That's a separate issue.
    No, it's the same issue. Currently the laws for England and Wales are being put through the Parliament of the United Kingdom, whereas the Scottish Laws are being put through there own Parliament. Why should Scottish MP's be allowed to vote on something that doesn't concern them?

No, it's the same issue. Currently the laws for England and Wales are being put through the Parliament of the United Kingdom, whereas the Scottish Laws are being put through there own Parliament. Why should Scottish MP's be allowed to vote on something that doesn't concern them?
    Because they are part of the UK. In what sense would they be a member if they didn't have a vote on UK-wide policies?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fexus View Post
    Because they are part of the UK. In what sense would they be a member if they didn't have a vote on UK-wide policies?
    But this isn't a UK wide policy, this is for England and Wales, the powers for this law in Scotland have been devolved already, so that only the Scots can vote on it.

They are also important for the countryside since they keep feral hare, rat and mice populations down. If you don't want them attacking chickens learn to look after them better. There's an awful lot of farmers out there that don't want fox hunting since foxes arn't a problem when the farmer manages their property properly.

Fox hunters are notorious for damaging farmland too when chasing foxes through private property, something they do even when confronted by the farmers.

If you want feral foxes to be dealt with then leave it to the farmers themselves to shoot the foxes on their properties, there is no reason to go looking for them when they aren't anywhere near the farms to begin with. Probably should note too that foxes are actually being bred to hunt specifically... was a case here in the news the other week of a hunts group found breeding cubs for hunting. So when you breed them you cannot claim you are killing them to keep populations down -.-

Deleted
    Having animal cruelty for sport legal in the nation reflects badly on scotland too they should have a say.

Deleted
    Having animal cruelty for sport legal in the nation reflects badly on scotland too they should have a say.
    They do have a say, the Scottish parliament makes there own laws for Fox Hunting, that's the whole point of the thread.

Deleted
    They do have a say, the Scottish parliament makes there own laws for Fox Hunting, that's the whole point of the thread.
    Aren't their matters on which the whole Uk votes?
    Civil rights and Animal cruelty are no such things and get regulated locally?