7+ Year Old Account

Balance tips for Archimonde?

So the beginning of Hellfire has been going well. A lot of fights have ads to handle so Balance of Power has been getting used a lot more and shows a clear dps increase than using Euphoria on the same encounter.

One fight I'm unsure about is Archimonde. My guild has been practicing on normal and my dps has been abysmal for this fight. After a whole night of dying to the boss I couldn't find a clear favor for Balance of Power or Euphoria. My logic for BoP is that there are frequently three targets that need to get killed and later in the fight there is an increase in ads to handle. But for the first part of the fight I'm getting low dps because Euphoria would be better suited for bursting the Hellfire Spirit which has to die ASAP. But if I go for that my damage falls off later in the fight where I'm needed for AoE purposes.

This issue normally wouldn't bother me except for the fact that my raid's dps is very low on the fight and I'm on the bottom. Rather than blaming this on still using T17 while people above me have two pieces of T18 (because I don't think that's why my dps is so bad) I'm trying to find out what I'm doing wrong. I don't have logs available atm (posting from work lulz) so I'm analyzing this with the data I have right now.

TLDR: Is there a definite level 100 talent that is best for this fight or is all of the fault in my own rotation?
    Last edited by Kyrro; 2015-07-13 at 11:27 PM.

Deleted
    Euphoria is best on every single fight in HFC. Every one.

7+ Year Old Account
    Was there a recent change to BoP or Euphoria? I learned during BRF that BoP was better on some fights if they had a lot of targets that would be around for a while. I've also found this true for fights like Xhul'horac where there's almost always multiple targets up at once. What was the recent change that made Euphoria the only option or have all of the guides I've been reading been completely wrong?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm willing to bet some of your damage issues on this fight might come down to moving a lot as I know it's a heavy movement fight depending on strategy aswell.

Deleted
    Assuming that you have the SoC euphoria is the best talent for every fight in HFC, if you don't the scale might tip over to favor BoP on few encounters due to how many targets are steadily available, but even in these specific cases it's iffy at best, so in other words if you aren't sure, stick with euphoria.

For Archimonde normal/HC euphoria is without a doubt the best talent choice available, simply due to the fact that BoP relies on the targets sticking around for the entire duration of the encounter or at least a very significant amount of the fight, so that your starfall > SS trade becomes so worthwhile that you try to purposefully avoid casting starsurge to maximize your starfall uptime. As a rule of thumb this would mean that you would need to have 3 or more targets for at least 75% of the encounters duration. Certain aspects of Archimonde would favor BoP such as the 55-40% range, but generally speaking these phases are either A: too short lived or B: caused by the raid playing badly, which will likely result in the fight ending prematurely anyway.

7+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the response guys! Euphoria seems to be the best choice here and would partially explain my low dps on certain attempts (was experimenting with BoP).

I'll probably stick to using BoP on Xhul'horac mostly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrro View Post
    Thanks for the response guys! Euphoria seems to be the best choice here and would partially explain my low dps on certain attempts (was experimenting with BoP).

I'll probably stick to using BoP on Xhul'horac mostly.
    I would recommend not using BoP on Xhul'horac unless for some god knows why reason your guild is struggling to kill the imps, just simply due to the fact that it's only a real dps increase in the final phases (when the shadow adds start spawning) and even then i'd see it more as meter padding than legit dps increase because it shifts so much dps off your priority target, especially when it's needed the most (sub 25%).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vutk View Post
    I would recommend not using BoP on Xhul'horac unless for some god knows why reason your guild is struggling to kill the imps, just simply due to the fact that it's only a real dps increase in the final phases (when the shadow adds start spawning) and even then i'd see it more as meter padding than legit dps increase because it shifts so much dps off your priority target, especially when it's needed the most (sub 25%).
    Actually I found it helpful to use BoP for our first Heroic Xul'Horac kill to control the Voidlords. Once our hunters figured out how to effectively bait & kite them, it was no longer necessary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alame View Post
    Actually I found it helpful to use BoP for our first Heroic Xul'Horac kill to control the Voidlords. Once our hunters figured out how to effectively bait & kite them, it was no longer necessary.
    I used bop on our first xul, mannaroth and archi attempts, we struggled with add damage, but as the rest of the group realised the prio targets, it became less effective and I swapped back to Euphoria. Now I have SOC and its Euphoria all the time pretty much.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Still the fights are mostly killing adds with a certain prio.
    If you just want the rank thats ok, but it will be a burden on your guilds progress.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seikusa View Post
    Still the fights are mostly killing adds with a certain prio.
    If you just want the rank thats ok, but it will be a burden on your guilds progress.
    mm... sort of, but as we still have our own niche in add killing, we pretty much suck at everything else, i would even go as far as to recommend ignoring the adds prior to 55% on archimonde as a way to increase your dps (for the average player)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vutk View Post
    mm... sort of, but as we still have our own niche in add killing, we pretty much suck at everything else, i would even go as far as to recommend ignoring the adds prior to 55% on archimonde as a way to increase your dps (for the average player)
    Except Hellfire Spirit needs to be killed asap by everyone. People not attacking it are hurting the raid by spawning more fire.