Noticed something after working out

Hey guys, I just started getting into weight lifting a few months ago and I've mostly been lifting light and medium weight to get myself acclimated. I did some heavy squats a few weeks ago and my legs punished me for it for several days. Today when I got home I threw on some music and loaded up the bar with some heavy weights. I did a 5x5 on squats, bench press and barbell rows. I had to push myself hard and struggled at the end but I finished them with good form. So I got done and showered then sat down to relax.

That's when I noticed this crazy feeling. It was almost like a warm fuzzy feeling radiating in my thighs and chest. It felt really good "almost like a high" and I am already thinking about my next lift day. When they say lifting weights makes you feel good, is that what they literally mean or am I just crazy ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea that's adrenaline and your body's natural painkillers. It's a chemical reaction that feels good - And that's the reason some people get addicted to it.

Endorphins. They are good feeling hormones when you work out.

Quote Originally Posted by Antius View Post
    Hey guys, I just started getting into weight lifting a few months ago and I've mostly been lifting light and medium weight to get myself acclimated. I did some heavy squats a few weeks ago and my legs punished me for it for several days. Today when I got home I threw on some music and loaded up the bar with some heavy weights. I did a 5x5 on squats, bench press and barbell rows. I had to push myself hard and struggled at the end but I finished them with good form. So I got done and showered then sat down to relax.

That's when I noticed this crazy feeling. It was almost like a warm fuzzy feeling radiating in my thighs and chest. It felt really good "almost like a high" and I am already thinking about my next lift day. When they say lifting weights makes you feel good, is that what they literally mean or am I just crazy ?
    So, would you say you feel like this:

Quote Originally Posted by Schmeebs View Post
    So, would you say you feel like this:

I am not a dude, but I can honestly say that I have never considered strength training to be on par with an orgasm... :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hassana View Post
    Running is even better.
    Indeed it is.

Indeed it is.[/QUOTE]

I run a mile everyday in about 7min. I love the intensive feeling on the heart, makes me feel alive. It's amazing just 7min and all your stress is gone and you feel like a king for the rest of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by hassana View Post
    Running is even better.
    Running really sparks this for me. I believe I've read somewhere or another that it takes 15 minutes of intense running to really get endorphins and adrenaline running? Don't quote me on this, but that my friend is a mixture of what you're feeling. It's great, and it's a positive thing. In my personal experience I run before I pretty much do anything, and I run during my workouts as well, so if you truly enjoy that feeling hit a mile before lifting; do some sprints mid workout, or even run some more after your workout.