Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    What advice / suggestions would you give to someone who just started going to the gym, with toning goals in mind?

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer to eat clean about 95% of the time with the rare treat like a poptart or something like that. I also prefer high fat/low carb dieting to burn through fat quicker. Sticking with low carb for long periods is hard but doable. Do not overdo it in the gym, I dont believe in overtraining, but I do believe in getting burnt out. Do not be afraid of fruit, milk products, etc. I do little cardio so I can preserve muscle mass, but if you just want to tone, HIT cardio will help you do that.
    Follow my journey to the bodybuilding stage! www.instagram.com/tbatcho07
    Musclemeds - Warrior - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...clemeds/simple

10+ Year Old Account
    I essentially told the gym dude that i wanted a program that simultaneasly worked on toning my body and gaining a bit of mass/muscle. After losing weight quite some time ago and hitting my ideal mark, i still had that floppy look and fat on my body, particulary the stomach area and decided it was time to hit the gym.

As far as meals go, for a long time now, since i live away from my parents (moma's food), they come down to variations of two main ingredients: chicken/turkey fillets/breasts or whatever you called them, and tunna, both going along with brown rice or brown spaghetti with green veggies and boiled eggs thrown in there. Fruits are a must, mainly bananas and oranges.

The only thing i find hard to cut back on is sugar, aka cookies and chocolate. Think the max i've gone without that sort of stuff was 2 weeks. The rest of it comes from your regular yogurts and breakfast cereals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please follow me on https://instagram.com/tbatcho07/

I am designing my own workout plan titled "The Iron Horde". If you're interested please let me know so I can keep you updated on it's completion.
    Follow my journey to the bodybuilding stage! www.instagram.com/tbatcho07
    Musclemeds - Warrior - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...clemeds/simple

Your face completely changed. I know a friend who had to get a knew driver license ID.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    How did you decide on what to eat and how do you track it. I've been trying to lose weight on and off for a while now. Started at 260 myself, got down to 215 and am at 225 right now and feel myself going back to some bad habits.

Also any suggestions on starting a workout plan? Did you just ask the trainers at your gym?
    Get a session with a personal trainer, a good one will help you tremendously, going to the gym is alot more fun when you have a "game plan"

"Learning by doing" is alot more uphill and will probably cause you quite a few injuries due to bad form, that a good PT could have helped you avoid.

Cool, good job

7+ Year Old Account
    respect sir, keep at it!