Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    But they have no right to anything within or from the government including a vote, There are legal ways to emigrate and they should follow those ways.

This isnt a defending trump, hes just brought to light again a issue i could never understand and thats illegals getting pissed when someone says somthing like " ship them all back" "they have no rights in our country" and they raise hell, i think arizona got shit because they wanted a proof of citizenship when voting and the illegals said thats discriminating against them.
    Except its one thing to say "ship them back" and "Mexican illegals are rapist criminals"

But its totally okay because he said "some" are good people. His maid and gardener specifically

But they have no right to anything within or from the government including a vote, There are legal ways to emigrate and they should follow those ways.

This isnt a defending trump, hes just brought to light again a issue i could never understand and thats illegals getting pissed when someone says somthing like " ship them all back" "they have no rights in our country" and they raise hell, i think arizona got shit because they wanted a proof of citizenship when voting and the illegals said thats discriminating against them.
    Most of the people that raise hell aren't illegal immigrants, but people that are stopped because "well you look illegal so prove you're not, or we're kicking you out". That's all sorts of illegal and unconstitutional. As for voting, we already have measures in place to REGISTER to vote that require proof of citizenship. What you're actually wanting to go after is absentee voting, but it's always at the booth measures.. hmm..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    If they didn't Obama would be doing a hell of a lot worse but go ahead and act like Obama is Stalin.
    I'm not sure why you are likening Obama to Stalin. Obama has made terrible choices, but he isn't the only one who has failed on this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Most of the people that raise hell aren't illegal immigrants, but people that are stopped because "well you look illegal so prove you're not, or we're kicking you out". That's all sorts of illegal and unconstitutional. As for voting, we already have measures in place to REGISTER to vote that require proof of citizenship. What you're actually wanting to go after is absentee voting, but it's always at the booth measures.. hmm..
    Why is it illegal to demand someone prove they are allowed to legally be in the country? I see nothing wrong with it being mandatory you carry that sort of indentification and i can see it being mandatory in the future.

Why is it illegal to demand someone prove they are allowed to legally be in the country? I see nothing wrong with it being mandatory you carry that sort of indentification and i can see it being mandatory in the future.
    Because that's not a law, nor is it likely to become one when the basis of it tends to be "you're brown, so i need to check if you're illegal because you look like those mexican people", as it has been shown to have been used recently.

Additionally, it has a shitload of negative historical connotations stretching back to.. rome, and probably even before that actually.

i think arizona got shit because they wanted a proof of citizenship when voting and the illegals said thats discriminating against them.
    Are you talking about SB1070? Because that's not at all what that was about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Look at Stalinist Russia for how carrying citizenship papers can go wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Having worked construction yelling at them to drop your tools seems to offend them, in fact you being there at all does
    Thank your boss for creating a reason for illegals to be here... God forbid you report your boss, when you can bitch about those coming for the job he provides...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Because that's not a law, nor is it likely to become one when the basis of it tends to be "you're brown, so i need to check if you're illegal because you look like those mexican people", as it has been shown to have been used recently.

Additionally, it has a shitload of negative historical connotations stretching back to.. rome, and probably even before that actually.
    I would ask everyone if it was up to me, ill descriminate against everyone so no one feels left out.

Look at Stalinist Russia for how carrying citizenship papers can go wrong.
    Yeh cus making it easy to find if someones allowed to be here or not is bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    I'm not sure why you are likening Obama to Stalin. Obama has made terrible choices, but he isn't the only one who has failed on this issue.
    Not deporting an illegal immigrant because they're the provider for an American born child really isn't that terrible.

Trump would waste billions on a 30 foot wall and the Mexicans will build a 40 foot ladder.

I would ask everyone if it was up to me, ill descriminate against everyone so no one feels left out.

Asking someone to prove their a citizen because they just walked down the street is.. questionable. Very questionable.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    Trump would waste billions on a 30 foot wall and the Mexicans will build a 40 foot ladder.
    First of all, nobody builds walls like Trump does...

I agree that a wall would have limited effectiveness. That really isn't the main issue here.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    What's the difference in offending illegal immigrants and anyone else?
    they're actively breaking the law. their reason for doing so doesn't mean shit, the law is the law.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    they're actively breaking the law. their reason for doing so doesn't mean shit, the law is the law.
    What does them being offended and breaking the law have to do with each other?

- - - Updated - - -

Yeh cus making it easy to find if someones allowed to be here or not is bad.
    exactly...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Because legality != decency

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Undead Puppy View Post
    What about the british/french people harassed on the street by muslim militia who set up sharia law zones?
    This shit again?
    Think you missed your Fox News tab when you replied.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    A major Mexican drug lord just escaped a max security prison through a tunnel dug from outside to jail shower. The tunnel included electricity and other utilities...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Because legality != decency
    Maybe everyone in Central America should be American citizens? That would be decent? With Canada we could then have a continent country.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe everyone in Central America should be American citizens? That would be decent?
    Don't you mean stop being offended?

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe everyone in Central America should be American citizens? That would be decent? With Canada we could then have a continent country.
    Not even remotely what was being alluded to.
    The question posed by the OP was "What's wrong with offending illegal immigrants?" To which I responded with legality (Their being illegal) and morality (offending someone) being different.

I'm not asking to make everyone legal, I'm asking for people to stop being raging cunts to immigrants.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Can't really comment. In Australia our government just pays the people smugglers to do a round trip...
    </sarcasm, just in case>

OT: They are people and you should treat them as such. If you want to protect your borders the solution to your problem was pretty much summed up above. Stop business from getting away with employing people under the table and your problem goes away.
    Last edited by cyndallis; 2015-07-14 at 02:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cyndallis View Post
    Can't really comment. In Australia our government just pays the people smugglers to do a round trip...

</sarcasm, just in case>
    Well... Australia has a unique history...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stolen_Generations