Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    We honestly should just annex Mexico. After the oil revenue runs out it will be even more of a fucking narco state then it already is. That place defines government corruption.

Honestly, what Trump said wasn't entirely wrong. America DOES have an illegal immigration problem.

The thing is, he decided to offend the rest of the Latino community by specifically targeting and overgeneralizing them.

Nobody really cares what illegal immigrants say. What people mind is what is being said about a massive group of people with broad generalizations. What everybody cares about is having offended much of the Latino votes with one broad sweep.

When you say something dumb like...

Mexico sends its worst...you just generalized and offended pretty much everyone who went to US from Mexico. Illegal or otherwise.

7+ Year Old Account
    ah goddammit, are the canadians border hopping again?

Pandaren Monk
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Whats wrong with offending illegal immigrants?
    Because they will vote for the other person.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Thank your boss for creating a reason for illegals to be here... God forbid you report your boss, when you can bitch about those coming for the job he provides...

Im not the one hiring them, its the builder of the whole neighborhood. Homeowner hires and pays me for my job. Everyone knows those builders use illegals, it was even in the paper but no action ever gets taken. Bastards come across the street to the site where Im at and try to grab ladders off my marked truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Baelic View Post
    Honestly, what Trump said wasn't entirely wrong. America DOES have an illegal immigration problem.

The thing is, he decided to offend the rest of the Latino community by specifically targeting and overgeneralizing them.
    Yeah. Almost like he doesn't like them or something.

They're called illegal aliens, show some respect.

I would ask everyone if it was up to me, ill descriminate against everyone so no one feels left out.
    That'd be better then, but they aren't doing that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    As an economist you think open borders wouldn't drastically disturb social order so far that economys would collapse?
    Well, the hosts would have to be willing to accommodate the immigrants. You couldn't impose it by diktat. With that proviso, no, I don't think what you say would happen. Many great international cities are stuffed full of immigrants. In worldclass universities, so many brilliant staff are immigrants and bright students are sought from all countries. We have open borders in the EU. There are political backlashes within member states, but objectively I don't see the social order being so disturbed. At least in the UK, EU immigrants seem to work really hard - they are the strivers, the Tories keep praising. That's what you would expect - migrants are self selected. Those who are willing to bear a large cost to move, face the risk of moving into the unknown and are motivated by economic advancement would tend to be the more economically productive.

There are obviously differences between EU open borders and talking about Mexicans going to the US or Africans to Europe, but I still wager most illegal migrants are more hardworking than their hosts.

To the OP, remember Churchill's adage - if you are going to shoot a man, there's no reason to insult him first. Nothing good comes from insults in public life. In private life, if someone offends you personally, you may insult him - I'd still advise against it, as he may strike you. But in public life, it's rude. It demeans you as much as the target of your abuse. It shows you lack grace, understanding and compassion. It will achieve nothing but generate ill will and debase public debate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Landmines are morally dubious at best even during war.
    Calling weapon "morally dubious at best" during war time is like handing out speeding tickets at the Indy 500.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Calling weapon "morally dubious at best" during war time is like handing out speeding tickets at the Indy 500.
    War has rules. We outlaw chemical weapons, for example, because they are absolutely atrocious.

Back on topic, many legal residents were once illegal immigrants. Saying something offensive about all illegal aliens means saying something offensive to naturalized citizens that were once illegal immigrants.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because to form prognosis from ill formed diagnosis that people get in their head about Mexicans being criminals and rapist which leads people to form opinion and process on that as valid so say like the next time a cop pulls over someone he thinks is Mexicans maybe just maybe he decides to shoot and kill them under the idea "well they should be here anyways".

The problem isn't feelings or getting offended the problem is promoting ignorant bigoted comments that effect how people have to live.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    War has rules.
    Depends on the country. Rules of war have also been known to change. Submarines were once considered a despicable method of warfare. Now they're common.

Where are people getting the idea that illegal immigrants vote?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by madethisfor1post View Post
    Where are people getting the idea that illegal immigrants vote?
    The 700 Club.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

SO my question is why do they have the right to demand someone or somthing in the government change?
    They don't. But given how much of a half-assed description of things you provided in your post, my first suggestion would be to stop getting your information from right wing talk radio and look for some more unbiased sources if you actually care to understand two sides of an issue.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God