Thread: Chain Change

Chain Lightning Hotfix

In the most recent hotfix:

Fixed an issue where using chaining abilities against very large targets could cause the ability to not chain correctly to smaller targets.

Is this potentially a fix for chain lightning failing to bounce off of things like mannoroth and archimonde? I wonder how it is implemented, and whether or not it will only affect HFC bosses.

Edit: Tried a bit of mannoroth last night. It was extremely easy to cleave chain lightnings onto the infernals, this change should be very nice for both manno and archimonde.
    Last edited by freddy090909; 2015-07-14 at 04:33 PM.

think it was also a change to hfc where u could chain off demos to adds like 20 yards away, rip ;_;

Hmm can't wait to try this out this week.

Just did gorefiend, chain lightning will bounce from boss pretty far into the room. It's pretty nice. Doesn't solve our issues, but is a huge QoL improvement.

Deleted
    I noticed this on Archimonde the other night, it was delightful. No longer must I switch to the Dreadstalkers just to cleave down the Dreadstalkers.

The fact that its a HFC specific LOCKED hotfix, and how its still following the same outdated targeting range anywhere else outside of that raid, means blizzard is actually only testing this thing in HFC, i wouldn't really see this as a permanent thing, cuz that'd be too good of a QoL change for shamans to have now wouldn't it.

I didn't see this change earlier, I thought Gorefiend just had a gigantic hit box when my chain lightning started bouncing off the adds onto him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I didn't see this change earlier, I thought Gorefiend just had a gigantic hit box when my chain lightning started bouncing off the adds onto him.
    That should have been your clue that there was a change. Chain Lightning does not connect from the edge of a hitbox 1 to the edge of hitbox 2; it connects the center of the hitbox 1 to the edge of the hitbox 2. This has always been the issue for chain lightning on large boss models. E.g. On Thok Heroic if you targeted the bats, CL jumped to Thok, if you targeted Thok, the bats had to be perfectly positioned for it to cleave.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyolsen View Post
    That should have been your clue that there was a change. Chain Lightning does not connect from the edge of a hitbox 1 to the edge of hitbox 2; it connects the center of the hitbox 1 to the edge of the hitbox 2. This has always been the issue for chain lightning on large boss models. E.g. On Thok Heroic if you targeted the bats, CL jumped to Thok, if you targeted Thok, the bats had to be perfectly positioned for it to cleave.
    They bounced from the adds to him as I said in my post, which would indicate that he has a large hit box.

The jump change really helped my damage on Mannoroth and Archimonde. Very nice QOL change, hope it sticks.