Page 1 of 2
LastLast

6.2 Enhancement Boss Tips for Hellfire Citadel

Since it's been requested a lot and very hotly suggested, I've produced a brief boss-to-boss "cheat sheet" as it were for talents & glyphs that are strong on each individual fight within Hellfire Citadel. It isn't complete, and will likely be changed between now and the end of the tier, but it is mostly oriented around what the optimal selections are for progress and maximizing your use to a raid.

Google Docs link!

Suggestions that can be backed up or sound reasoning will be greatly accepted, this is mostly to curb the individual fight-to-fight questions I get a lot so I have it all in one place!

Deleted
    +1 internets

Deleted
    What about EM for Gorefiend? if you use it on cd you get it in 2 feasts in mythic in hc you have to save it for 1 min (we always have 2 feasts in hc).

So on most if not all of the fights Echo/PE is just straight out better dps wise than Echo/UF until 4pc if I looked at this correctly?

Quote Originally Posted by Eisenmuffin View Post
    What about EM for Gorefiend? if you use it on cd you get it in 2 feasts in mythic in hc you have to save it for 1 min (we always have 2 feasts in hc).
    Feasts are 3 minutes apart so you end up holding it for excessive amounts of time, and Echo is far more useful for dealing with the adds in non-feast phases.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Omniversal View Post
    So on most if not all of the fights Echo/PE is just straight out better dps wise than Echo/UF until 4pc if I looked at this correctly?
    Essentially, yes. EM is good on some fights where there are absolutely no adds involved before 4pc, but as soon as 4pc happens Echo/UF just ends up being so much more consistent, especially when AoE starts to be factored in.

I see that you suggest EF for mythic Reaver, but qualify that if bombs are not an issue, SE is good. I disagree, Iron Reaver has odd timers that make Storm Elemental non-ideal.
    Based on my log: the timers are:

Blitz 1: 1:05 (perfect for first elemental), positioned back to tank location around 1:10
    Blitz 2: 2:10 (good for second elemental)
    Air phase 1: 2:15

Ground phase 2 starts at 3:20.

Blitz 3: 4:25
    Blitz 4: 5:30 <--- This is the problem spot. Dropping Storm Elemental at 5:00 means you only get 30 seconds of uptime on the boss.
    Airphase 2: 5:35

Ground phase 3 starts at 6:35.

Our raid killed it at 7:38. I saved my Storm elemental for the last ground phase, but I still got nothing from my second Fire Elemental.

He does enrage at 8:30, so if your guild is pushing enrage, you can get a full second fire ele off, but if you aren't pushing 8:00, I'm not sure SE is ideal. I stayed SE only because we had hit enrage once already and thought we would come close again. In hindsight, I would have switched to EF or even LM much sooner.
    Last edited by jimmyolsen; 2015-07-14 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyolsen View Post
    I see that you suggest EF for mythic Reaver, but qualify that if bombs are not an issue, SE is good. I disagree, Iron Reaver has odd timers that make Storm Elemental non-ideal.
    Based on my log: the timers are:

Blitz 1: 1:05 (perfect for first elemental), positioned back to tank location around 1:10
    Blitz 2: 2:10 (good for second elemental)
    Air phase 1: 2:15

Ground phase 2 starts at 3:20.

Blitz 3: 4:25
    Blitz 4: 5:30 <--- This is the problem spot. Dropping Storm Elemental at 5:00 means you only get 30 seconds of uptime on the boss.
    Airphase 2: 5:35

Ground phase 3 starts at 6:35.

Our raid killed it at 7:38. I saved my Storm elemental for the last ground phase, but I still got nothing from my second Fire Elemental.

He does enrage at 8:30, so if your guild is pushing enrage, you can get a full second fire ele off, but if you aren't pushing 8:00, I'm not sure SE is ideal. I stayed SE only because we had hit enrage once already and thought we would come close again. In hindsight, I would have switched to EF or even LM much sooner.
    Only getting 30secs of it on the boss is still going to be a net increase on single target even if you're popping it with the issue that it will spend some time in the air. The alternatives being Liquid Magma, which can target bombs over the boss, or Fusion, which again is good if your priority is dealing with bombs (which generally for progress should be your aim) both have shortcomings for uptime & targetting also; as the Air Phase is going to disrupt EF (uptime, longevity of bombs without an anchor target), Liquid Magma (bomb spacing, unable to use directly on CD due to air phase timers) and SET (as you've explained above with flight timers).

With Reaver though, it is very personal choice & all 3 talents have issues of optimal use, so you're definitely correct in that there are problems with SET, but it's much more a "pick your poison" choice given the fight design. I'd definitely, for progress, recommend EF though in the sense that bombs are going to be more vital to success, as the enrage timer isn't -too- brutal once the fight mechanics get under control.

This is one of those threads I wish I could upvote. Nice work, wordup.
    Author, Hekili, a priority helper addon.

Deleted
    what about Felmouth Frenzy as bufffood? i could see it for Reaver and Zakuun

Quote Originally Posted by Eisenmuffin View Post
    what about Felmouth Frenzy as bufffood? i could see it for Reaver and Zakuun
    This is mostly for talents, glyphs & important factors in a fight. Felmouth can be useable in purely single target, though its RPPM nature varies its performance greatly for the average pull. Once multiple targets (mythic reaver bombs even) factor in, it can devalue it. It's still an option however, if your focus is purely on single target.

Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    This is mostly for talents, glyphs & important factors in a fight. Felmouth can be useable in purely single target, though its RPPM nature varies its performance greatly for the average pull. Once multiple targets (mythic reaver bombs even) factor in, it can devalue it. It's still an option however, if your focus is purely on single target.
    I was thinking that it might be nice to lay out trinket recommendations.
    Author, Hekili, a priority helper addon.

Deleted
    Fel mouth is even best food for some "aoe" fights.

According to sims, if it is about 0.8% of my damage (i have soul cap), it is a dps gain. I an currently switching between fel and mastery food. Because if there is much aoe, mastery is anyways better.

How informative!

Nvm read the tooltip
    Last edited by pkm; 2015-07-16 at 05:48 PM.

First of all, Wordup thank you. You're a godsend for sharing all your work with the community.

Has anyone setup a spreadsheet for ideal trinkets to use on each fight?

I'm still not sure which fights to be using which trinkets with so many viable options in the current content.

Assuming mirror + soul cap for AOE and then censor + class trinket for single target?

Quote Originally Posted by Khaztropix View Post
    First of all, Wordup thank you. You're a godsend for sharing all your work with the community.

Has anyone setup a spreadsheet for ideal trinkets to use on each fight?

I'm still not sure which fights to be using which trinkets with so many viable options in the current content.

Assuming mirror + soul cap for AOE and then censor + class trinket for single target?
    Trinket recommendations are inc sometime mid-late next week. The doc is also being regularly updated with youtube kill videos from my Enhancement PoV.

7+ Year Old Account
    Thank you very much for this information!

Deleted
    This is great, I have it open every time I raid (sorry to put strain on your document lol) thanks