Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Most OP or inbalanced Champions?

Who do you think the most inbalanced or OP champions in the game are?
    For me It's Riven. In later game you basically can't do anything except die if she shows up.

Anything that doesn't need to be fed/stacks to be very strong.

Deleted
    Anything with a sated Devourer.

Deleted
    OP champions change every new big patch cycle. Right now I think Azir is just redicilous. He is kind of hard to play but when you get these players against you then you will have a bad time.

And I hate Riven with a passion. When on your team useless. When on enemy she will 1v5 you without a problem.

A few I don't like:

Nasus-It seems every time he is on the other team, my team has no idea how to play against him and just lets him free farm lanes in the mid-late game with no consequences. It happens every time, even if he is behind early, he just goes off to a lane and free farms.

Jax-He is so good as split pushing, he will end the game by himself and when you try to stop him, he'll just kill you or ward hop to safety.

I hate assassins... I don't fed them but they global me before I get to do anything. Some of them I can counter with a qss or omen(rengar has killed me through this) but it gets real fucking annoying to have to spend like 3k gold on defensive items. When my team mates could just not feed hardcore.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd do anything for a meta where assassin's thrive because my champ pools consist of anti assassin champs such as Shaco and Pantheon.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Fizz and Leblanc come to mind. I feel that they have such little counter play except for point and click hard CC

Quote Originally Posted by Guru Laghima View Post
    I'd do anything for a meta where assassin's thrive because my champ pools consist of anti assassin champs such as Shaco and Pantheon.
    I wasn't try to say assassins were supper strong. Its just annoying to fight them with people who don't understand how they work and blame everyone else for their failures. They're balanced vs good players it just at low elo when I get stuck on adc and people refuse to learn how to deal with them and it gets me globaled 24/7.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Fizz and Leblanc come to mind. I feel that they have such little counter play except for point and click hard CC
    Leblanc w and e are skill shots that can be dodge. Everything Leblanc does can be avoid but her q or double q. You can avoid all of fizz's skill but his Q.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2015-07-15 at 11:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do I always see a "please tell me what I can win with" hidden in threads like these?

15+ Year Old Account
    Really depends on the application.

I would say for carrying SR ranked:

1) You want consistent snowball potential - you don't want to be someone with an early power spike and a weak late game, non-team games tend to drag on longer than usual, and you will see late game - you need to remain relevant beyond 30-40 minutes. I feel like this is the weakness of Riven and Miss Fortune - great early games - but if they don't get super fed they fall off later on.

You also don't want to be the opposite - champions with weak early games (farm champs generally) but hyperpowerful late games can be cool when they get there, but on average - if you can't contribute to your teams early game lead - these champions are only useful for converting an existing lead into a win. Generally Nasus, Veigar, and Fiddlesticks all suffer from this - a 50-minute Nasus will one-shot your towers and your team in rapid succession, all while giving negative fucks. A farmed Veigar can be similarly goofy, beginning every teamfight by deleting one enemy player: adc? support? tank? They don't care who, but one of them is gone before the fight begins. Fiddle is a little different, but he needs vision control on his team - both wards and ward detection to really make big plays - if he has that though, and the items to make it count - he will Pentakill the entire enemy team in a single fear/silence cycle: once fed, his team will win any teamfight. With that said, there is nothing more pathetic than a visible Fiddlesticks channeling his ult in a warded bush, and the enemy team is long gone before he Crowstorms into the middle of an empty lane: more tears than Amumu.

Generally, this is what mobile Assassins are great at - and this is why when the meta enables them - they instantly dominant the entire meta: no middle ground. When Fizz, Zed, Talon, Kassadin or LeBlanc are good - they're a sight to behold: they will delete your backline in seconds, and with almost no opportunity for counterplay. Their mobility allows them to skip past anyone counter-building them, and exclusively attack whoever is most vulnerable to their damage: generally your backline ADCs and artillery mages (Xerath's, Syndra's, etc). You give them a kill or two early, they turn that into 5, they turn that into 10, they turn that into 30: if the game keeps going they just turn that into 60. Their only weakness is being starved from Level 1, counterpicked at champ select and consistently denied kills (usually by passive play).

If the enemy team can't do that, hypermobile assassins are the obvious choice for OP/imbalanced: they are that by design essentially, it's part of their meta role (the counter is supposed to be strategic champion select and passive play, not outplaying them or waiting of them to fall off).

2) the other way to look at this is, which champion can enable the snowballs to occur. For example, in S4 I played a lot of Elise jungle, with a friend playing Nasus top lane. Elise has a strong early and mid game, but falls off late game. My friend could reliably farm under his turret as Nasus - too passive to ever get ganked (or he'd go just aggressive enough to waste the enemy junglers time hoping for an opportunity to come out of nearby bushes) - and my role was then to focus solely on winning Mid/Bot: knowing both that I didn't have to help/worry about top lane, and knowing that it was perfectly fine for me to fall off late game, because once Nasus got his stacks all I needed to do was summon my Spider Cheerleading Squad, dance, and watch him deconstruct their base, and their face. If I could stall out mid/bot lanes through to the mid-game, we would consistently win (plus landing my Cocoon off a Whither is a joke, and nobody wants to be Cocooned with a fed Nasus bearing down on them)

So again that point is - which champions enable other champions to snowball hard? If it's a mid or top lane partner you are working with, then a Jungler that accentuates their capability works well (the other combo we did was Nasus+Vi for stacking armor reductions, fyi): someone with hard CC that can set up kills and give them gold. Or alternately compensate for their weaknesses (ex. Elise compensating for Nasus early game). Or if it's an ADC, obviously a really good Support pairing can be devastating (Vayne+Leona, or Lucian+Braum, or Janna+Draven, or Alistair+Sivir, etc).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    Why do I always see a "please tell me what I can win with" hidden in threads like these?
    Because sometimes that's exactly what they are.

I think it's really important though to point out just how balanced League of Legends is - the most overpowered ranked solo queue champions in the game have Master and Challenger win rates of like... ~55%. By contrast, World of Warcraft PvP seems comfortable with Frost Mages, or Arms Warriors, or Resto Druids occasionally hitting goofy participation levels of like 30-40% for their role, in 3v3 (amongst ~40 specs).

Getting really good at LeBlanc will not make you a Master-level player, but getting really good at feeding LeBlancs? Now you're onto something. You can be god of Susan Q-farming - truly LCS-level last hitting - but if nobody on your team can compensate for your uselessness in the first 20 minutes, then the match will be decided before you get Trinity Force: and you'll be Bronze for life.

League is incredibly balanced, it's what attracts me to it for PvP lately over other MOBAs, PvP MMO's, and RTS. Not since Dawn of War 1 have I seen a dev team so attentive to balance issues at the top end, and so capable of fine-tuning the problems without breaking the champion (in general). As players, we're incredibly sensitive to power shifts in our champions - but really compared to like any other game - Riot is doing an S+ job: at Game Dev mastery.
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2015-07-15 at 11:32 PM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Yvaelle deserves a standing ovation for that stellar speech.
    With Fire and Brimstone I light my path.
    With Pain and Shadow I smite my foes.
    With Demon and Fel I raise my armies.
    I AM WARLOCK, THE END OF YOU ALL.

Quote Originally Posted by Bezoar View Post
    Yvaelle deserves a standing ovation for that stellar speech.
    Amen.

Personally, I despise Teemo with a passion. It's not even that I hate playing against him - as someone who plays Nasus religiously, I see him often enough, and it's easy since every single one does the same exact thing - but that every single one who is on my team is horrible, but the enemy Teemo is always god-tier.

Another one is Shaco. He's just a horrible champion to play with and against. It's just so toxic. I've played him twice, and I can see why he's enjoyable, but the whole zero counterplay thing just irks me. It feels too easy, and I don't like it. Again, same thing as Teemo - either you're playing with him and he's the most useless thing ever, or you're playing against him and he's a god.

Don't really hate many other champions as much as I do those two.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pst... Don't mention the S-word. It brings out the folks to talk about the clown isn't toxic

Deleted
    But he really isn't

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    Indeed.
    It makes me sick players who only play OP mindless champs like Darius only to feel good about themselfs when in reality...they suck and have no skill.

I spit on such players who relly on OP champs to win
    This game is suposed to be played to have fun with exotic cool and stylish champions like Yasuo or Twisted Fate
    Last edited by mmocb564611563; 2015-07-22 at 01:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This game is suposed to be played to have fun

Right up til there, I was in agreement with you on that statement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Pst... Don't mention the S-word. It brings out the folks to talk about the clown isn't toxic
    He's not, especially in this meta, there's a reason we have no challenger Shaco players currently on NA or EUW. I've given up on him for the time being and have just been spamming Amumu to great success.

I can see why a lot of you might think he's toxic, I was smurfing the other day and low elo gets punished so hard by Shaco. Like literally you guys will let me gank you, repush your lane and let me gank 3 more times. I have literally done circuit ganks where I ganks bot then mid then top in unison. It's a player issue not Shaco, I have a very hard time currently playing Shaco to decent success with the current meta at higher elo.

It's really a case if l2p.
    Last edited by Duronos; 2015-07-23 at 12:48 AM.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    Shyvana teehee

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Guru Laghima View Post
    I have a very hard time currently playing Shaco to decent success with the current meta at higher elo.
    Not gonna get into the rest but at this point you're right. I've maybe seen one Shaco in my last 100 games? And he failed horribly because we had to many tanks. I'm currently in my promo's to Platinum II so that might be the case as it is maybe a little bit high ELO?