Deleted

Upgrade or buy a new computer?

I've been thinking of upgrading my computer for a while. I've also been thinking of buying a whole new one. My current specs are as follows:

p67 sabertooth motherboard
    intel i7 2660k
    geforce gtx 580
    8 gigs of ram
    several ssds and one 7200 rpm hdd.

Playing mainly Wow, diablo and hearthstone. Maybe some CoD or BF4.

It's a bit old ofcourse. Believe I bought it like 4-5 years ago for a pretty penny.

My question though is this, is it Worth upgrading to new Components or should I just buy a new one.
    Have a budget of around 1500 euro or aprox 2k dollars?

Thanks in advance!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    A new GPU would be good, do you overclock your CPU?

Otherwise unless you need to be bleeding edge, you really don't need to upgrade much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really depends on how you feel the system performs. The 2660K is plenty fast especially if you overclock it, and that should be easily overclockable. The GPU could be upgraded but the 580 is actually kinda good. Though today's GPUs are a fair bit faster but shouldn't give you issues with modern games.

Get a good cooler for the CPU and overclock and upgrade to a 970, 980, 390 GPU.

Deleted
    My 2660k i s overclocked to around 4ghz I belive and I have a cpu cooler aldready. So a new gpu might be the only upgrade I need then? Will check it out! Thank you very much!

Deleted
    hardly worth upgrading to play any of the games you mention. if you want to spend money, buy me some midget granny pron instead!

CPU seems fine. You might get a small speed boost by upgrading both CPU and mobo, but not by much. Hardly seems worth it, especially with DX12 on the way (the extra hyper-threading of the i7 may actually get used).

GPU can be upgraded according to budget. A 980Ti or something. Up to you.

Upgrade is advisable. The configuration is good. You can only change your GPU for game playing. GTX 780 is recommended if you can get.