15+ Year Old Account

HELP: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD broke down

My hard drive just mysteriously broke down. I tried to open Steam (it is installed on that HD), it didn't start properly and was sluggish. Restarted it, then my whole Windows (8.1) started lagging and couldn't even force quit (from system manager) Steam. Restarted the computer and that hard drive (G:\) was gone from my computer. The hard drive was still shown in device manager. Tried restarting computer again and now it's still in the device manager, but with a fucked up name.

Help! What to do?

Screenshots:
    http://i.imgur.com/Hplf4iC.png
    http://i.imgur.com/vlQzYOp.png
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

RMA or try it in another comp.

Things break, it being new doesn't guarantee it being perfect. That's where the warranty kicks in. I remember my OCZ 3 series break on me twice and on the 3rd RMA I got one that is still chugging at always on(it's like 4 years now).

Try different SATA cable, different SATA port and different PC.

If still shafted, it's shafted.

15+ Year Old Account
    Powered up my computer today, the drive is alive again. What is this sorcery (and yes, I completely shut down my computer many times yesterday to try to make it work)!? I've had similar issues with hard drives in the past, too.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

There are still some problems in the hard drive. Maybe you should try to repartition it to shake off this problem, using a partition software which can repartition without data loss.