[Holy] Healing Help & Leech Trinket

Hello!

I'm a raid leader looking for tips about our holy paladin. He recently got the leech trinket and claims that's why his healing is so low, and that he's doing his job (which I'm assuming is healing the tanks).

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...4&type=healing
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nphar/advanced

I went into logs and looked at the value of Leech. The extra healing from Leech would have given him about a 8k HPS increase - but that still only puts him at 28th percentile. I realize numbers aren't everything, but Tyrant is a healing heavy fight. We weren't overhealing (5 healers for 25 people) and tanks were taking plenty of damage.

Is his healing fine? In addition, is there something I'm missing about the Leech trinket?

Thanks so much! Appreciate any tips/advice/help.

Tyrant isnt a healing heavy fight, u wut mate?

Tankdamage is high in the last phase, its about smart CD usage from a healing POV, specially on HC. None the less, his healing is low. I think it seems like a learning to heal issue, he hasnt done many bosses on that char, and if he recently rerolled healer, its about a mentality change. ABC still applies, and i think most of it could be him, simply going by the idea that, "if nothing needs to be healed, i dont need to cast anything", wich is a dangerious mentality to have.

Healing is an art, teaching people art isnt my strong suit. Healing you cant be tought, you have to grow into it through tons of training and the hard part of that is, that you only really get good healing training on progress fights, wich inturn makes it super hard to progress if your healers arent that strong. Vicious circle, only thing you can really do, is pressure him to read up and compare his own logs to that of other paladins on the same fights and hope he improves faster.

Good luck :>

Tyrant is a terrible fight to judge healing on via WCL because of Phase 2's aura "absorb" heals, therefore, every healer has 100% effective healing during that whole phase. Also, no, Paladins are NOT tank healers. They passively heal tanks via beacons. There is no such thing as a "tank healer". All healers have the responsibility of putting their specific spells on tanks to smooth out incoming damage, while healing the raid. In the case of Paladins, it's beacon. Shamans have Earthshield, Druids have Lifebloom, Monks with T18 have Extend Life, Disc priests have Shields. It's EVERY healer's responsibility to work as a team to smooth out tank damage. If you kill the boss and people are avoiding as much damage as possible, there are going to be times when some amazing healers will have shitty HPS.

Your healer does seem to not be casting enough. He has 33.8 casts per minute. The one log I have is at 38.5, the #1 paladin healer on this fight casts at 42.4. More casts will get him more heals. This could be due to his moving too much, that I don't know how to tell.

As someone else mentioned, healing CDs are key. That is a massive influence on overall healing.

I think mine general rule of thumb for healing is...
    1) Heal tank if tank needs big direct healing
    2) Heal raid if tanks do not big direct healing
    3) Heal tanks if no one needs healing
    Last edited by tclphz; 2015-07-14 at 07:12 PM.

I went and looked at some of his other logs because as someone else said Tyrant is a bad fight for judging hps due to the heal absorb mechanic essentially eliminating overheal in p2.

His issues are: (1) low holy shock usage; (2) low casts per minute i.e. not using his globals; (3) casting WAY too much at the tanks, wasting the beacon potential; (4) low avenging wrath usage despite being glyphed. If he works on those, his hps will go up.