Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Isn't there something about how if a package is delivered to your house, then it's yours like 9/10th kind of thing?
    In the US, if it is sent via mail, it is a federal offense to open mail that does not belong to you. If delivered by other sources, such as Fed Ex, truck, etc, you have to sign for it, which means you would have had to forge the signature, another federal offense.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Let the dogs inspect the outside before either calling the post office, or running it up to the post office. Unless, I'm friendly with the person that it's supposed to be delivered to. I'll just call them to come and pick it up.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    In the US, if it is sent via mail, it is a federal offense to open mail that does not belong to you. If delivered by other sources, such as Fed Ex, truck, etc, you have to sign for it, which means you would have had to forge the signature, another federal offense.
    The majority of packages sent via FedEx, UPS, etc. do not need to be signed for. I have a package waiting by my front door 2-3 times per week when I get home from work.

I would keep Paris and sell the cocaine.

I do not take, nor support the use of illegal drugs or even some in my view which should be illegal (legal highs etc).
    I would call the police had I been aware of that content, otherwise I would try to contact either the intended recipient or those who delivered it were that possible to determine.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    I seriously wouldn't even know what to do with that much coke. It's not like I know any drug dealers and I can't just drive into the the bad part of town and see if there are some druggies around around that want to buy like 60 bricks, quick guesstimate of the image. Call the police is like my only option.

If it had been cash in small bills or even 100:s stacked like that I would have totally kept that.

Paris Hilton? Return to sender. Address unknown.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post

actually, when you sign for a fedex package you are simply saying that it left fedex's hands and entered yours and fedex can stop assuming liability. so basically they are covering their own asses if the person says they never got it. ive received packages for my wife and signed it johnny chimpo and they dont give two shits or ask who i am or anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Call the police, obviously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    It's a terrible idea to open packages intended for other people. Besides from a brick of Peruvian marching powder you could wind up with tainted biological material, bombs, hobo spiders, a self-assembling automated assassin - you name it. If it's a normal package call the shipper and have them pick it up on their dime, and if its ticking, glowing, leaking unmentionable fluids, or speaks to you in the voices of dead relatives then call the cops, 911, or your local witch doctor/exorcist.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I wouldn't even open someone else's mail. First I look at the address on the letter or the box. I see if one of my neighbor's name is on it and if not it goes back to the shipping company.

Deleted
    Go to the police and demand police protection for a while. If it's any sizable amount you could be in a lot of trouble.

I've seen this shit end very badly once, back when I was on active duty in the police force. When it comes to something like this, you wanna be safe, rather than sorry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh hey, it's the plot from

enjoy the shit out of it

Deleted
    If something worthwhile was delivered that wasn't illegal I'd keep it packed for a month and if the deliver company doesn't claim it back I'd keep it...let's say a TV.

I wouldn't know what to do with drugs or whatever so I'd likely report it.

Deleted
    Sell it obviously

Considering opening mail (effectively stealing) that isn't yours is a felony (guaranteed jail time), why would you even open it in the first place?

I would give it to whoever it belongs to, I ordered a $2k gaming laptop from Amazon and THEY FUCKING DELIVERED IT TO THE WRONG ADDRESS which is fucking unbelievable, ever since that incident (the laptop was brought over to me by a neighbor, it was CLEARLY a laptop as there was an image of it on the box and the neighbor in question said that the FedEx guy didn't even bother to knock) I do not mess with karma. Not that I wouldn't deliver mail that came to the wrong address in the first place, but ESPECIALLY after that incident I deliver other people's mail ASAP.