Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronikh View Post
    I tried that used DDU to uninstall drivers and tried beta and 3-4 older versions
    Remove and re-seat your graphics card. Remove any recently installed hardware. Usually this is a new SSD or HDD, even via USB. Did you recently add a new storage device?

ETA: Particularly one that is larger than 2tb?

After reinstalling windows from fresh I installed windows 8.1 the issue I am facing now is im getting screen tearing when in populated areas but my cpu usage is not even hitting 25% which is something wrong. I have linked a image with me in Ashran where you would expect cpu to be at its limit but its not please help. I never faced screen tearing in windows 7 was only the stuttering issue. I have adaptive v sync enabled in nvidia control panel.

After reinstalling windows from fresh I installed windows 8.1 the issue I am facing now is im getting screen tearing when in populated areas but my cpu usage is not even hitting 25% which is something wrong. I have linked a image with me in Ashran where you would expect cpu to be at its limit but its not please help. I never faced screen tearing in windows 7 was only the stuttering issue. I have adaptive v sync enabled in nvidia control panel.
    I dont think CPU usage is the problem here. I have the same CPU but K version not oc either and still get low fps in lfr. Screen tearing I'm not sure of. Does your mobo have an onboard graphics you can try?

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    I dont think CPU usage is the problem here. I have the same CPU but K version not oc either and still get low fps in lfr. Screen tearing I'm not sure of. Does your mobo have an onboard graphics you can try?
    I'm not getting issues with fps stuttering but now screen tearing but it doesn't make sense a game which highly relies on cpu to only use such low usage when playing

As was previously explained:
    Quote Originally Posted by fixx View Post
    Short answer is the CPU usage is spiky and hits only two cores, which is why the average CPU usage seems very low. 25% usage on a quad core computer usually means one core is at 100% while the rest are idling. Very few games can utilize multiple cores efficiently because its not really possible.
    No game will max out your entire CPU. It will max out 1 core, which on an i7 is 1/4 Cores, or 25% of overall CPU. If you were using an i3 or other dual core system, it would show 50% CPU usage. Perfectly normal.

Tearing is likely GPU related. Either driver, some sort of conflict with windows or the card is starting to fail. You have already tried various drivers and a fresh windows install so that leave one option. If the card is still under warranty, my next step at this point would be to contact the manufacturer for a replacement. Your card is an EVGA and I have heard good things about their RMA process before.

The tearing is just v-sync relted should have nothing to do with the card failing, try turning on v-sync in wow and see if that helps, also try the new beta drivers froma couple days ago, far less problems witht hose then the latest official couple of drivers.

Also the tearing does make sense as when you are not doing much the game is capable of going well over 60 fps which most monitors are resulting in tearing if not using v-sync or for some reason your adaptive sync is not working correctly.

the CPU boundness of the game is resulting in your minimum fps when the game is running raids or highly populated area's when not doing that your max fps will be whatever your gpu can churn out

Quote Originally Posted by Denpepe View Post
    The tearing is just v-sync relted should have nothing to do with the card failing, try turning on v-sync in wow and see if that helps, also try the new beta drivers froma couple days ago, far less problems witht hose then the latest official couple of drivers.

Also the tearing does make sense as when you are not doing much the game is capable of going well over 60 fps which most monitors are resulting in tearing if not using v-sync or for some reason your adaptive sync is not working correctly.

the CPU boundness of the game is resulting in your minimum fps when the game is running raids or highly populated area's when not doing that your max fps will be whatever your gpu can churn out
    But what I dont seem to get is why such low cpu usage when in such populated areas? Adaptive v sync was working till yesterday when I had windows 7 installed never had issues with screen tearing.

But what I dont seem to get is why such low cpu usage when in such populated areas? Adaptive v sync was working till yesterday when I had windows 7 installed never had issues with screen tearing.
    For the third time. GAMES USE ONE CORE. DUE TO TECHNICAL LIMITATIONS THEY CAN NOT BE MULTITHREADED AND SPREAD ACROSS CORES. ONE CORE GETS MAXED. IN A FOUR CORE CPU, 1 CORE IS 25%. It's not that hard to "get".