Deleted

Common malfunction of mice

Why do mice eventually become "retarded"? I mean you buy an optical mouse, but this is a problem for mechanic ones as well, and after a few years it starts gradually fucking up. It's no longer as precise, the cursor remains behind, until you eventually move the mouse around and the cursor remains still and unresponsive.

Seems my 2nd razer naga of 3 years of age just got the first signs of Alzheimer as the cursor has small halts when moving it around.

razer product.. there is your problem, i used to love them when they first came out but then their quality and customer service went to shit (imo). Logitech with a dash of steel series for wow products ever for the past 5-10 years and 0 issues.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

It's a problem with most razer products, they think they are MacGuyver when they build this crap. Some LEDs, copper wire, and a toothbrush and BAM!! here's a mouse.

My naga had corrupted firmware at once point, took 3 months to get the right firmware loader from razer customer service in order to get it working again. Now my clicks don't hold 100% of the time if I need to drag something, or ya know, turn with my mouse. Every couple months I have to take it apart and clean the internals to get it to work right.

Deleted
    "my 2nd razer naga"

There is your answer. They make low quality stuff so they can sell you shit more often. I've had my mx518 for like 10 years now. I had to fix the cord once, but other than that it functions perfectly. It's really shitty business for logitech tho. Selling you a new mouse every 2 years is much more profitable.

15+ Year Old Account
    Logitech and Steelseries products seem to be a lot more reliable than Razer... at least in my experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Had my Logitech for 8 years and never had this happen. I had to replace the plastic feet on the bottom because they wore out, but nothing like this. Remind me to stick with Logitech and not buy Razer.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLeafmuncher View Post
    I've had my mx518 for like 10 years now.
    My old mx518 is on my dad's computer and it still works like a charm. Probably 10+ years old or something. And my dad uses computer with dirty (like oil, sand and mud dirty) hands quite often.... that shit is well done
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    I'd buy another razer but I have this issue where I NEED those extra buttons in the upper left corner right near the main left button, and the new series from razer don't have those anymore, guessing it was "bad design" to have that button there.

This is what I have

The newer version, like even 2014 one no longer have that button. Too bad. Guess I'll need to buy from another company.
    Last edited by mmoc0ca2165d21; 2015-07-14 at 09:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I currently use a Steelseries mouse with no problems with degradation. Like you I used to own Razer mice but with my glass mouse pad it really hated it after a while. Worked fine for a year or two and then started to jump unless I used the wood on my desk. BTW glass mouse pads never wear out. Something to think about if you go through a lot of expensive mouse pads.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've been using a Steelseries Sensei for 1-2 years to the point where the paint is coming off. Still no issues with the functioning of the mouse itself though. Maybe give Steelseries a shot, the only downside is their software.

For my next mouse I might go with Zowie because they require no software.

Both Logitech and Razer has monday products.. Razer mostly mechanically and Logitech(at least ~5 years ago) seems to wear out far faster than any other product. Though I've yet to see one bad Razer product, and I've had probably 10 so far.. Don't know if it's down to me cleaning my stuff weekly or what, but they just don't seem to break for me as they do for others.

That all said, I'd say avoid both Logitech and Razer if you can. I can't cause I've yet to find a mouse that feels as good, but hoping that day is to come some day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Both Logitech and Razer has monday products.. Razer mostly mechanically and Logitech(at least ~5 years ago) seems to wear out far faster than any other product. Though I've yet to see one bad Razer product, and I've had probably 10 so far.. Don't know if it's down to me cleaning my stuff weekly or what, but they just don't seem to break for me as they do for others.

That all said, I'd say avoid both Logitech and Razer if you can. I can't cause I've yet to find a mouse that feels as good, but hoping that day is to come some day.
    I still have my Razer mice but I just don't use it on my main rig. The Razer Diamondback works just fine but it's so small for my hands that it started to hurt after a year of use. The Razer Lachesis felt 10X better for my hands but the laser on it became less accurate and the buttons on the sides was very difficult at first to push, but after a while it got better. I got the SteelSeries Call of Duty Black Ops II mouse or otherwise known as Sensei. It's the exact same mouse. Even better in my hands and the laser hasn't worn out yet for 2 years of use. The software though sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Poor build quality and cheap components. They concentrate on a snazzy appearance and spend a shitload on packaging which costs much more than the raw product. The aim being fast bulk sales. Who seriously wants their mouse to pulsate in varying degrees of brightness and in 16 million different colours!?