Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    It's mechanics were stupid, and required people to have already done it or be told to do it to know how to do it correctly. (Or use addons)
    Yeah going away from that giant laser beam certainly required addons

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Yeah going away from that giant laser beam certainly required addons
    I'm not talking about the beam. But nice dodging and mostly ignoring what I said.

10+ Year Old Account
    The hour long queue is the most difficult boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Luftdot View Post
    The tuning was fine. MoP LFR was simply not as faceroll as people make it out to be today. There was constant wiping. LFR was a challenge- not comparable to flex, but a challenge in its own right. People forget that because SoO went on for so long, that LFR in the last year of the expansion was overrun by people that outgeared it by up to 100 ilvls. That made the system feel like faceroll, but it really wasn't. WoD LFR is a complete retardation of what it used to be.
    The first two wings of SoO absolutely were harder to get done in an average LFR group than in an average casual scrub flex Group Finder group. Nazgrim was a bitch, but by no means the only boss that regularly took 2-4 tries.

Wing 3 LFR and wing 3 flex were IMO fairly similar in difficulty.

As far as I'm concerned, the 4th wing of SoO was undoable on LFR, but I did it a couple of times anyway. It was always an "epic" slog of wipes and praying for someone who could do belts and engineers and et cetera. It was no fun with most random groups on Flex either but eventually I ran it a bunch of times after the pre-patch for heirlooms.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    doesnt matter - blizzard official statement on mop lfr tuning was that it was mistake and overal overtuned. and now in hfc they did it again - which is proving they have no clue wtf they want to achieve.
    I never heard any such thing from Blizzard, particularly not as a rationale for turning LFR into "tourist mode" in WoD, which was a phrase that they did actually use.

They did overtune a bunch of LFR encounters in MoP initially, but I felt like with the exception of SoO wing 4, where there was just no real reason to go in there given the so-so rewards and almost certain 2-hour wipefest with the group half leaving and being reformed multiple times, and other bits like Nazgrim and Durumu and Heart of Fear trash, all in all, with trial and error eventually LFR was tuned well across all of MoP. I racked up dozens of kills on almost all of the bosses and across my alts I probably killed some of the bosses 200 times.

In MoP, LFR was worth running for the gear and/or valor and/or legendary drops and/or as a place to practice your role on something more interesting than a target dummy, and the encounters were reasonably interesting and did require a little bit of strategy.

In WoD, LFR is reduced to being pretty much worthless for anyone who isn't (1) obsessed with seeing raid bosses (I'm certainly not) or (2) putting together an alt army of legendary rings (I'm not doing that either). It's just a crappy experience with no useful rewards for most players.

Deleted
    This is how blizz tune lfr nowadays.
    They estimate that about 5 people have sufficient brain activity to breathe, and that the rest dont. Then they tune boss health, dmg and mechanics so that all players will be alive and boss dead 5-10 mins after.

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    During every previous tier, there was always this one boss that turns out to be completely overtuned on LFR, or where the tactics totally don't fit LFR and most groups wiped at least several times before they were nerfed. So far, these were:

T13: Spine of Deathwing, possibly Ultraxion if your tanks didn't know how to use their EAB;
    T14: Garalon, possibly Amber Shaper Unsok if your players really suck at interrupting;
    T15: Durumu, Council if you didn't split DPS properly.
    T16: Nazgrim, Thok, Garrosh, Paragons, ... basically half the instance.
    T17: Iron Maidens, Kromog, although neither were as extreme as the MoP bosses.

I wonder if there will be any boss in T18 that can compete with the MoP bosses in how they are overtuned or a poor fit for LFR, or if they're all going to be as trivial as those in T17.
    none. you are absolutely off your rockers. the only cock block in LF"R" is the inability of LF"R" players.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    The hour long queue is the most difficult boss.
    if i qeue as dps, i have never had a que longer than 30 mins, then i usually get chain qeuepops right after i finished a wing, untill im done with all wings

On LFR, Gorefiend was pretty rough because of people failing to come out for Digest and dying early on. That would accelerate his Shadow of Death cycle and start instantly one-shotting others through no fault of their own because he couldn't eat up anyone without a debuff due to people dying to avoidable stuff. If that isn't fixed, Gorefiend will be a fun time for LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    council and gorefiend so far
    I haven't seen the High Council even causing so much as a headache on LFR yet - I tanked it 3 times Tuesday night and took Dia off to a corner to talk dirty to her (even though Void Haze isn't present - just did it to get in the habit) and not once did things go sideways. I've seen more issues on Gorefiend than anything else.

Monsem - Shadow Priest / Halimath - Prot Paladin / Groundchuk - Elemental Shaman
    [/SIZE]

Shadow Lord because there is absolutely no way LFR pugs will know how to deal with the passing of the Eye mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    council and gorefiend so far
    Really? The LFR I was in one shotted both of those, yet died on kilrogg. It was hilarious though, I kept telling people we needed 2 groups of 3 to stand on the circles when he casts the visions of death. The first attempt nobody EVER got coordinated enough to stand on the circles. I stood in one every time and nobody would get the other two.

Anyway, after that wipe, I explained it again and people understood, and we successfully killed kilrogg after that.

Council and Gorefiend were both one-shot, but people were not realizing to stack up during that 100% damage boost.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    Shadow Lord because there is absolutely no way LFR pugs will know how to deal with the passing of the Eye mechanic.
    I'm hoping those who do LFR in that encounter will at least download an addon to help.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

10+ Year Old Account
    Toughest part about LFR is choosing your role and remembering to actually enter as that role.

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    Then they were stealth nerfed? definitely was one shotting in my raid (or very VERY close to it), are you looking at dungeon journal numbers? Cause you have to be in LFR to see the real number.
    I did it less than two hours after it was activated on NA realms and they were definitely not killing people. Only people that died were the ones who weren't leaving the stomach.

Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    Seeing as you can get away with not even doing the eye properly on Normal/Heroic I would be SHOCKED if this boss became a cockblock.

Iskar and Socrethar are tied due to one player being able to control the item that can screw the raid.

A griefer can grab the Eye of Anzu and hold onto it during winds phase, and then drop it away from the raid for it to AOE pulse. Even if griefing isn't intent, apathy/inattention will net the same results.

Whoever controls the Socrethar construct can totally screw the raid. "Hey, what happens when I drop a prison on the melee?" "Hey, what happens if I don't charge the portal and let the ghosts run free?" Again, even if there's no griefing intent, incompetent pilots will wipe the raid over and over.
    Last edited by Korshay; 2015-07-19 at 06:51 PM. Reason: autocorrect changing griefer to briefer ...