Holy: T18 SS vs. EF

Hey there paladins, I've run eternal flame for longer than I can imagine. With the T17 4P, eternal flame passed up sacred shield. Since the new tier is coming about that still modifies the beacon healing eternal flame puts out, I'm curious as to if sacred shield has passed eternal flame again or what some people have experienced.

okay, so i'm going to start with saying that I haven't ran the numbers before, but i remember bouch ran it a bit back.

http://holybouch.com/2014/11/18/eter...roics-wod-6-0/

With the new tier and divine purpose falling behind sanctified wrath, I believe it would be fair to use the numbers he had there suggesting that SS is better than EF in terms of raw healing. It still suffers from the higher mana requirement. That and it's an additional cast and it makes dumping holy power a bit more awkward (LoD all the time I guess). I'm not sure the last two are real reasons not to use it. But a quick glance at Hpallies in Method, Paragon, Midwinter shows that they all run EF.

SS is a badly designed ability. As tclphz said it suffers from requiring a GCD. It also suffers from not benefitting from mastery at all, and that it transfers nothing to beacon targets. It runs the problem of requiring most of the ticks to be used on all 3 SS targets to be comparable to EF.

Deleted
    EF-HoT triggers T18 4p even if you for whatever reason don't cast anything for a few seconds which is nice i guess.