Thread: Resto Troubles

Resto Troubles

Ahoy!

I'm having a bit of a crisis that I'm really hoping you all can help me out. I've been healing as a tree since the beginning of MoP and did fairly well, a little more than halfway into mythic seige before 6.0 hit. Raiding in warlords was fine, I was always doing decent numbers and rarely dying to stupid mistakes.

My current build was against the theorycrafting recommendation and stacking mastery. This did well and I was doing decent numbers and rarely dying to stupid mistakes. Since 6.2, though, I have been having difficulty with numbers, and it frequently gets me in hot water with pugs....but I only have these issues when I'm healing with a really good paladin. If there is a 700+ paladin that knows what they are doing, I can barely scrape above 30k hps, it just feels like my heals aren't as effective. So I thought to myself, I said, "Self! You are going to go haste like everyone else does and you should make it work!" The thought behind this was that my hots would tick faster and instead of stronger so that they could tick between shields, but my numbers came out worse, and I was struggling to keep people alive. So I'm sufficiently lost on how to druid anymore.

Anyways, since I can't link anything yet, you can see my most recent logs on warcraft logs. On the 14th, I did assault, H and N reaver and council in mastery and kormrok in a haste build.

Thank you all for your critiques.

Airent

Hey Airent, very very quick look.

60% overhealing on WG and 64% overhealing on Tranq is probably a bit much. Usually this is down to poor timing but maybe in your case the "issue" is simply overhealing content. 4 healers on Kormrok is possibly a bit overkill in my opinion

Also, if I'm reading this correctly, you had 48% uptime on Lifebloom which is pretty bad. If you get that up to 90% plus, not only will your LB healing go up (duh) but you'll be able to spot heal more with Regrowth because of more Clearcasting procs. You already know this 'cus it looks like you lined all bar one RG cast up with your CC procs which is good.

Also the Monk and Paladin are 10 ilvls above you.

Aleks,

Thank you for your response. Overhealing is something that I've always struggled with, but I usually blamed that on whatever wasn't my fault. Usually, I try to hit tranq or WG a second before a big raid hit is coming through, then when I'm with a pali or disc priest it doesn't hit as hard, resulting in more overhealing. Is there some guide I can find or article/blog/youtube post that I should know about?

Also, does 10 ilvls make that much of a difference?

And Lifebloom is something this xpac only has been bad for me, in SoO I was regularly 95%+...not sure what happened there.....I guess I'll make a more annoying weak aura for it :/

Thanks again for all your help!

Airent

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You should co-ordinate your tranq usage with your other healers. If the pala has just popped wings and/or the priest has just PI spammed the raid with shields, you probably want to hold off of traqing until another time. Communication is the key

Usually during my team raids, that isn't the problem, I manage the healing CDs so there isn't an overlap. My problem is people in pugs that want to snipe heals.

Quote Originally Posted by Airent View Post
    Usually during my team raids, that isn't the problem, I manage the healing CDs so there isn't an overlap. My problem is people in pugs that want to snipe heals.
    Not much you can do in pugs. Rdruids are countered by the sniping style of healing.