Page 1 of 33
... LastLast

Racist Parade Not Welcome In Mostly Black Neighborhood

And they have the audacity to be shocked.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/07/man-...e-flag-parade/

A Virginia man demanded justice over the weekend after he said that people threw water bottles and hurled racial slurs at his Confederate flag parade.

Chris Oliver and his wife, Angela, told WWBT that they and about 100 other people took part in a flag run on Saturday that ran through Petersburg, which had a black population of over 77 percent in 2013.

While the parade of Confederate flags were passing through town, video captured what appeared to be a bottle of water being thrown at Oliver’s truck.

“My initial reaction was, ‘What the hell?'” Oliver recalled, adding that he could not understand why he had not been welcomed into the community.
    These people can't possibly be so dumb. Even if they can honestly not feel it's a racist symbol they have to understand how others do, and it's very clear they understand what it means since they chose to target a black neighborhood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like something some MMO-Champions would pull and then yell about their freeze peach.

Which one of you did it?

Is the man stupid for having a "confederate flag parade"? Yes, and he should have taken into account the meaning of the symbol has to the people in the area that he wanted to hold said parade.
    Does that mean it's acceptable for people to attack him, those in the parade, or damage their property? No, his actions were nonviolent and don't justify violent action in return.

It really doesn't matter how people feel about the symbol, displaying it openly doesn't justify violent retaliation. Obviously, in this case the retaliation was tantamount to water bottles and trash being thrown at them, but that's really irrelevant since property damage did occur.
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

he had the right to do his stunt, and they do not ever have the right to physically attack him. they should be arrested, he shouldn't have an ounce of punishment for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolretadin View Post
    Is the man stupid for having a "confederate flag parade"? Yes, and he should have taken into account the meaning of the symbol has to the people in the area that he wanted to hold said parade.
    Does that mean it's acceptable for people to attack him, those in the parade, or damage their property? No, his actions were nonviolent and don't justify violent action in return.

It really doesn't matter how people feel about the symbol, displaying it openly doesn't justify violent retaliation. Obviously, in this case the retaliation was tantamount to water bottles and trash being thrown at them, but that's really irrelevant since property damage did occur.
    "His actions were non-violent" in this time of very high tensions he specifically set out to antagonize a black community. I think this level of retaliation was pretty light.

The Confederate flag is the flag of American traitors, even if racism had nothing to do with the flag it's still the symbol of American traitors whose actions brought upon the deaths of over 600k Americans. I can't respect anyone who doesn't see that and supports the flag.

People like that parade guy should be locked up. They're antagonizing consciously and trying to stir up unrests intentionally. The fact that they're hiding behind their "rights" and being pussies about their activism doesn't make them more likeable either.

7+ Year Old Account
    if people see it be racist why does he have to do it?

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    People like that parade guy should be locked up. They're antagonizing consciously and trying to stir up unrests intentionally. The fact that they're hiding behind their "rights" and being pussies about their activism doesn't make them more likeable either.
    There was a parade of neo-nazis in a predominately Jewish community (forgot where). Despite what the parade stood for, they were within their right to have it despite the community's outrage and grievances. In the end, a large police force was dispatched to guard the men so they wouldn't be assaulted.

If we can have gay pride parades, million man marchs and all that shit why cant they do that.

idiots on parade offending idiots who then get talked about by idiots on mmo-c

like seriously, is any of this new to anyone?

does this not happen literally at least once every year?

Deleted
    Well hurlign racist slurs at them for being racist is a bit self defeating if that is true.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes im just stunned by the stupidity of some people. I mean what were they expecting to happen?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    "His actions were non-violent" in this time of very high tensions he specifically set out to antagonize a black community. I think this level of retaliation was pretty light.
    Any reaction to non-violence with violence isn't acceptable in any way. It doesn't matter how offended they were, they don't have the right to be violent towards anyone. If a Black Panther parade marched through a rich white neighborhood should they have bottles thrown at them?

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    In the end, a large police force was dispatched to guard the men so they wouldn't be assaulted.
    Too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Too bad.
    I can only imagine how the officers felt when they were told they had to guard a neo-nazi parade.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    Any reaction to non-violence with violence isn't acceptable in any way. It doesn't matter how offended they were, they don't have the right to be violent towards anyone. If a Black Panther parade marched through a rich white neighborhood should they have bottles thrown at them?
    Rotten eggs are way better.

Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    "I must defend my people!" ?
    Police = Neo Nazis?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    If we can have gay pride parades, million man marchs and all that shit why cant they do that.
    'Cause the confederate flag represents a lot of bad stuff.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    "I must defend my people!" ?
    For someone who always talks about police brutality I'm surprised you would answer this way. You would still only be partially correct however.
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    Police = Neo Nazis?
    Oh is that how it was supposed to be read? Then I'm not surprised.
    Last edited by Calfredd; 2015-07-15 at 09:04 AM.

That awkward moment when people here don't think people should be allowed to hold a parade without being physically attacked.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne