Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ...
    Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Its like wearing the shirt of the team that lost the Superbowl.
    lol

Pretty much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    And they have the audacity to be shocked.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/07/man-...e-flag-parade/

These people can't possibly be so dumb. Even if they can honestly not feel it's a racist symbol they have to understand how others do, and it's very clear they understand what it means since they chose to target a black neighborhood.
    Just like the Black's in the 60's deserved those dogs and fire hoses, right?

You don't have to agree with the message, but assaulting non-violent protests is despicable, no matter your position on the issues.
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes
    Or should I?

Quote Originally Posted by Xisa View Post
    Just like the Black's in the 60's deserved those dogs and fire hoses, right?

You don't have to agree with the message, but assaulting non-violent protests is despicable, no matter your position on the issues.
    Assaulting? By throwing a plastic water bottle at his truck? You need to look up the word assault and while you're at it, despicable. Running with a confed flag through a black neighbourhood is probably as mindnumbingly stupid and descpicable as raising the swastika in Jerusalem...

On the other hand, this could be a learning experience for them. From what Americans tell me, the southern states or not too full of bright people. I wouldn't even doubt that they just thought about representing southern states without any racial agenda behind it. And now they know! Isn't life awesome at teaching you shit?

It's like falling down a cliff and realising "Gee, so that's why I should secure my rope!"
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Assaulting? By throwing a plastic water bottle at his truck?
    yes that does constitute assault.
    Running with a confed flag through a black neighbourhood is probably as mindnumbingly stupid and descpicable as raising the swastika in Jerusalem...
    I am actually fairly certain both are legal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    yes that does constitute assault.

I am actually fairly certain both are legal.
    Yea, i do not believe you can hold up the swastika flag proudly in Jerusalem and be able to tell the story to anyone. If your not straight up killed there on the spot you will be put away for a long time. There are some religious folks there, but i agree with the fact that they should be able.
    What is puzzling me tho, as far as i know the confederate flag was a symbol of rebellion. Yes, they had slaves and they where for the slave trade. But up until a few weeks ago no one seemed to be bothered by that. That flag was on federate buildings and was seen as the flag of the south, what suddenly changed that it has become the reallying flag for slavery?

Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    Yea, i do not believe you can hold up the swastika flag proudly in Jerusalem and be able to tell the story to anyone. If your not straight up killed there on the spot you will be put away for a long time. There are some religious folks there, but i agree with the fact that they should be able.
    What is puzzling me tho, as far as i know the confederate flag was a symbol of rebellion. Yes, they had slaves and they where for the slave trade. But up until a few weeks ago no one seemed to be bothered by that. That flag was on federate buildings and was seen as the flag of the south, what suddenly changed that it has become the reallying flag for slavery?
    People being fed up of it is what happened...

Deleted
    That flag was on federate buildings and was seen as the flag of the south, what suddenly changed that it has become the reallying flag for slavery?
    The perpetually offended crowd smelled blood in the water.

Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    The perpetually offended crowd smelled blood in the water.
    Or, you know, the reasons people have laid out multiple times. You don't have to be offended to have an issue with that flag flying on government buildings. All you have to have is common sense.

But up until a few weeks ago no one seemed to be bothered by that. That flag was on federate buildings and was seen as the flag of the south, what suddenly changed that it has become the reallying flag for slavery?
    People were ALWAYS bothered by it. They just had lost the reason to move the silent majority to action. And I'm really sick and fucking tired of people who keep saying shit like "When did it become a symbol for racism" when the fucking flag that started this whole movement was put up in the mid 60's as South Carolina taking an impotent stand against civil rights.

It was always about racism.