Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    if anything what I've gotten so far from it is that they're portrayed as very evil, Durotan and Draka and the Frostwolfes are, as usual, the exception. I think there is plenty of evil and good to them which makes a story interesting.

anyway I kinda expected Durotan to be at least a little disgusted at the killing of so many draeneis

Didnt District 9 and Dawn of the Planet of the Apes teach you anything?

Its refreshing and fun to have compelling and nuanced non-human characters to root for. Hopefully the Warcraft Orcs are in this league..

Deleted
    I found it confusing that Durotan spoke of a "planet", not a "world". How does he know what a planet is? Shadowmoon scryery? :x

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Orcs are awesome!
    As long as they make them as awesome as they look, it's ok!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LordSarumantheWise View Post
    Two orc x-pacs and now an orc film. I realise how much orcs
    Orcs in Warcraft?
    Well this was certainly a rude awakening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh boy someone is complaining for the sake of complaining & doesn't realize that the first Wars was Orcs & Humans.

Ugh another one of those threads where OPs are ignorant and uninformed as hell.

It's been stated a bigillion times already that the 1st movie's plot will be based on the 1st Warcraft game.
    And guess what It's called ORCS AND HUMANS! Without the orcs in the 1st game, there wouldn't be a Warcraft today. Just shut up and stop whining "ugh orcs again", when it's the starting point of movie franchise.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Warcraft movie focusing on the Warcraft 1 story line (which canonically the Orc's won) is going to heavily feature Orc's? No frikken way man!

(Also, MoP a Orc Expansion? Fucking lol, you could argue 5.4 was a Orc heavy patch, but the entire Expansion?)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    ^yeah

there are draenei in the movie too!
    True, they have their screen time! Well, up until Gul'dan rips their souls out. But still!

Quote Originally Posted by LordSarumantheWise View Post
    Warcraft has become Metzen-ified. Two orc x-pacs and now an orc film. I realise how much orcs have given to the overall Warcraft franchise, but what happened to the days of every race feeling like they got their share of content, lore and just being generally in the spotlight?
    when it comes down to the movie: i disagree. its just the adaption of orcs and humans, and thats ok.

but about the rest: i agree. but i dont think its metzen-ish. its just cheap for actvi$$ion bli$$greed to endless cooy the same shit and save money because its the least possible effort they have to put in. so yes, if i see another 1 fkin orc i wanna take his dead body and spit it in the face of that greedy money milking fucked up bastard company, blizz became. i hate that arrogant suckers with their "lol, do nearly nothing and let that morons pay" greedy fuck attitude.

You know Metzen does more than voice Thrall, right? He also voices Varian Wrynn and Maraad.

Sure, Metzen may like the Horde's enthusiasm, but primarily he loves the game, both Alliance and Horde.

There's lots of orcs as of late. Part of that is because Blizzard develops expansions well before we get to see them. By the time we give them feedback, it's too late to change most design decisions. People had orc fatigue by the end of MoP. So it was a bad idea to give us more orcs by then. But it's not like they could cancel Warlords of Draenor and give us something else by then. A lot of design had already been done.

Not to worry though. Blizzard does listen to feedback. Top extremely in fact. I'm sure after the next expansion we'll all be wondering "Hey, what are the orcs up to these days?" because whatever is next likely won't feature any whatsoever. Much as I like Blizzard, they really don't know the meaning of "middle ground".

7+ Year Old Account
    I bet you want high elves as a playable race and a park that isn't on fire too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
    True, they have their screen time! Well, up until Gul'dan rips their souls out. But still!
    What else are draenei good for?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    What else are draenei good for?
    Hentai, quite obviously!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    You know Metzen does more than voice Thrall, right? He also voices Varian Wrynn and Maraad.

Sure, Metzen may like the Horde's enthusiasm, but primarily he loves the game, both Alliance and Horde.

There's lots of orcs as of late. Part of that is because Blizzard develops expansions well before we get to see them. By the time we give them feedback, it's too late to change most design decisions. People had orc fatigue by the end of MoP. So it was a bad idea to give us more orcs by then. But it's not like they could cancel Warlords of Draenor and give us something else by then. A lot of design had already been done.

Not to worry though. Blizzard does listen to feedback. Top extremely in fact. I'm sure after the next expansion we'll all be wondering "Hey, what are the orcs up to these days?" because whatever is next likely won't feature any whatsoever. Much as I like Blizzard, they really don't know the meaning of "middle ground".
    You think the next expansion won't feature much by way of Orcs? With the potential movie tie in, the lead in from Gul'dan going through a mysterious portal to AU Azeroth, perhaps.

im glad we got away from the "isint it time for undead lore to shine?" or "its about time gnomes got some lore action in the next patch"

but yeah wish factions as a whole did all something to help each other. expect for one race doing the most work

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    You think the next expansion won't feature much by way of Orcs? With the potential movie tie in, the lead in from Gul'dan going through a mysterious portal to AU Azeroth, perhaps.
    And pray tell why it shouldn't feature orcs? They are the integral part of the lore and a major part of Warcraft as it is. I find the demands to remove orcs from the spotlight laughable since they are the very core of Warcraft, of course there will be focus on them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    And pray tell why it shouldn't feature orcs? They are the integral part of the lore and a major part of Warcraft as it is. I find the demands to remove orcs from the spotlight laughable since they are the very core of Warcraft, of course there will be focus on them.
    The Burning Legion are core to the WarCraft lore, by extension so are Scourge and Forsaken. In fact, there are plenty of stories to be told throughout the Worlds of WarCraft, and Orcs are not and do not need to be the focus and central antagonist to all of them.

Chasing one Orc after the next over a number of years, in the face of all that potential, gets old and tiring.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2015-07-15 at 12:49 PM.

Wow, no way, I had no idea there would be orcs in a movie about Orcs and Humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Did you think that the film adaptation of Warcraft: Orcs and Humans wasn't going to be 50% focused on orcs?
    No, I expected it to be at least 75% in favour of exclusive Orc-Focused development. Of the remaining 25%, 5% of it would be on Human development and 20% would be based on Orc/Human interactions, including dialogue and combat scenes.

Jokes aside, the odds of Humans having the same development as Orcs do in the film is slim. Part of the selling point is that the Orcs aren't Tolkein Orcs, they need to emphasise that and it'll only work if they develop it, which means they'll need to devote additional screen time to it. I'd love to see the Orcs smashed, I'd prefer to see a Second War film rather than the First War for that reason, but I know that isn't what the film's going to be like. Humans in WC1 were just like Humans in many other high fantasy settings, they simply don't need the same development. Individuals, sure, but as a whole they don't. I do hope they make more if it doesn't flop though, I'd like to see the Second and Third wars, if not a Wrath film.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    yea. warcraft ORCS and humans

when was the last time we saw a human in any form of content anyway?
    Does PVP count?