Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    C'thun was literally impossible. It wasn't until someone submitted the math to Blizz proving that "pre-Thun" was impossible that it was nerfed. Also, the run to C'thun was extremely long, with respawning trash.
    C'thun also had the added 'feature' of silently knocking off flasks, because the buff limit was exceeded. IIRC that took a few weeks to noodle through.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spektroman View Post
    Your memory is fuzzy. ICC was released on December 8, 2009. Heroic LK 25 died on March 26, 2010. My understanding is also that zero guilds killed heroic 25 LK without the buff, and the world first required the 5% buff active to achieve. (source: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ll-by-Paragon/)

Also, I'm fairly certain ICC was gated (like Sunwell) so guilds didn't have access to him on day 1. Plus the requirement of "must clear normal before attempting heroic" adding yet another artificial week bewteen the time the boss was released until it ultimately died.

EDIT: According to this wowhead article (http://www.wowhead.com/news=134195/s...ock-in-28-days) LK was available for killing on March 2, 2010. Considering that it took a normal kill to unlock heroic, guilds didn't start working on him until March 9. So from the day he was actually available to die on 25-man heroic, to the day he died, only 2 lockouts elapsed.

I'm pretty sure there were several bosses that lasted more than 2 lockouts to kill at the hardest difficulty, making heroic LK definitely not the "hardest ever".
    Don't forget the 50 attempt limit too. LK was behind so many gates that it's impossible to compare to anything from the last 3 expansions.

Maybe mas memory is lacking but, wich boss other than LK reached an enrage??

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    C'thun was literally impossible. It wasn't until someone submitted the math to Blizz proving that "pre-Thun" was impossible that it was nerfed. Also, the run to C'thun was extremely long, with respawning trash.
    No he was bugged. Tentacles spawning in the stomach could NOT have been an intended mechanic, because they required at least 15+ people on them to kill them in a timely manner, while only 3-4 people were in the stomach at any given time.

Actually Lich King became available on Feb 3, 2010 and Heroic ICC became available the next raid lockout on Feb 10, 2010. So Heroic LK survived 6 raid lockouts before he was killed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracx View Post
    Actually Lich King became available on Feb 3, 2010 and Heroic ICC became available the next raid lockout on Feb 10, 2010. So Heroic LK survived 6 raid lockouts before he was killed.
    Umm.... What?

The elevator boss. End of thread.

No one is even talking about what this thread is supposed to be. And yeah, I think Archimonde is the hardest boss ever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oziemaster View Post
    No one is even talking about what this thread is supposed to be. And yeah, I think Archimonde is the hardest boss ever.
    How do you determine if he's the hardest though. About 100 - 115 has even seen Archimonde Mythic.

I have no clue at all. The heroic mode was pretty hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    kael thas, kt, yea

15+ Year Old Account
    Version 1.0 M'uru

RIP mathematical beauty.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    Version 1.0 M'uru

RIP mathematical beauty.
    Haha yes, yes!! All bow down before Muru, the mighty guildbreaker!!!
    Those who you know as Warlocks are your Salvation through Destruction. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spektroman View Post
    Your memory is fuzzy. ICC was released on December 8, 2009. Heroic LK 25 died on March 26, 2010. My understanding is also that zero guilds killed heroic 25 LK without the buff, and the world first required the 5% buff active to achieve. (source: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ll-by-Paragon/)

Also, I'm fairly certain ICC was gated (like Sunwell) so guilds didn't have access to him on day 1. Plus the requirement of "must clear normal before attempting heroic" adding yet another artificial week bewteen the time the boss was released until it ultimately died.

EDIT: According to this wowhead article (http://www.wowhead.com/news=134195/s...ock-in-28-days) LK was available for killing on March 2, 2010. Considering that it took a normal kill to unlock heroic, guilds didn't start working on him until March 9. So from the day he was actually available to die on 25-man heroic, to the day he died, only 2 lockouts elapsed.

I'm pretty sure there were several bosses that lasted more than 2 lockouts to kill at the hardest difficulty, making heroic LK definitely not the "hardest ever".
    the fourhorsemans back in vanilla (naxx40) took 2 months to be killed

shadowmourne was probably the weakest legendary of all time pls

I don't think so, the fight is easier imo than mythic blackhand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by djriff View Post
    I don't think so, the fight is easier imo than mythic blackhand.
    You haven't killed Heroic Archimonde let alone Mythic Blackhand and you are making this statement?
    Feel the hatred of 1̶0̶,̶0̶0̶0̶ 10010 years.

Overtuned stats. Mechanically? God no.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

I think the more interesting question about Archimonde will be: what if the mythic phase is easier than the heroic one? (Eg, would mythic Archimonde be harder if he didn't have his mythic phase)
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Deleted
    My heads gonna pop, how are you guys seriously determining whether MYTHIC archimonde is the hardest or not. He's not been killed yet and only 5 guilds has seen him.
    This thread makes my head hurt, we don't even know the 40% phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorthalis View Post
    No, H 25 Lich King is still considered the hardest. Only (from what I can find) three guilds kill him without the raid-wide buff on. Keep in mind he was available to kill for over a year.
    Heroic 25m Ragnaros is actually considered harder than Heroic 25m Lich King. What made the lich king take so long to kill is the fact that you had a limited amount of attempts per week.