Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    You guys don't really tax income as a federal union do you?
    Nope, not directly.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I'm surprised there's so much support. The only states that were more against it than for it are:

Slovakia
    Czech Republic
    Austria
    Bulgaria
    Italy
    Luxembourg
    Netherlands
    Estonia
    UK
    Denmark
    Finland
    Sweden

I feel like the last three are mostly because they have a bit of a rival conception of a Nordic Union.

But the fact that of 28 states, only 12 are against is surprising.

Of course, the last four against I mentioned are HARDCORE against, so there's that. But the EU taken as a whole is more FOR federation than against it.

I do wonder why Croatia's symbol is HR.
    Well, depends how you look at it....
    One could also say, that there are only 5 that are for it.
    The "I don't know" portion can go either way, and with the rather recent developments in Europe chances are that most from the IDK category are counting towards No.
    The survey was from 2014... since then, much changed in Europe that shifted the opinions back to more national interests in many nations.
    Greece, Muslims, Refugee crisis etc.. That's all important things to consider now in 2015..
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Nope, not directly.
    That's another thing the US does that I don't think most people in the EU would like. In the US we tax at the federal level and fund the social programs we do have on that level. They may be administrated at the state level, but a lot of the funds come from the federal gov't. The Grisis would be a completely different thing in the US. Like, we're not giving a shit that Kansas is going to default.

15+ Year Old Account
    That's another thing the US does that I don't think most people in the EU would like. In the US we tax at the federal level and fund the social programs we do have on that level. They may be administrated at the state level, but a lot of the funds come from the federal gov't.
    No different from EU whatsoever. Just that EU doesn't directly collect income tax. It collects various other taxes and payments, but not income. Also EU pays lots subsidies to member states. Agricultural subsidies are a huge part of what EU actually is, 40% of EU budget goes to those.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Before there were posts in this thread listing some of the countries I was wondering what they were.

You've got Hungary, Pluto, Romania, Elephants, Belgium, Potatoe, Homerun!, Lithuania, France, uh Sinks, Mountains, Cyprus, Germany, Italy, EU28( wtf is this?), Suckland, Estonia, Carz, Antennae, Latvia, Belgium again, Ireland, Lunatics, Netherlands, EEK snakes!, UK, Donkey Kong, Finland, and Sweden.
    It's funny. I identify these far easier by their flags than their letters. But I'm also a huge fan of flags, so I've got nearly all of them memorized.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!