Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account

The Legendary Ring from Tanks seems sucks!

The Legendary Ring for Tanks seems sucks, since it is only benefit one tank for 2min!
    Last edited by ikewu83; 2015-07-15 at 04:40 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ikewu83 View Post
    The Legendary Ring for Tanks seems sucks, since it is only benefit one tank for 2min!
    I'm not sure where you're getting this idea. There's a ton of situations where having the damage and healing split across two tanks would be a huge survival save.

I'll straight-up agree that it's far less powerful than the other two rings. It's even worse than that awful legendary tanking cloak was. That said, at least the offtank will feel he's doing more than just hanging out between swaps.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Raid saver at the end of Tyrant Velhari.

Yes because only one tank ever takes damage at a time right?

Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    I'm not sure where you're getting this idea. There's a ton of situations where having the damage and healing split across two tanks would be a huge survival save.
    Like pretty much every encounter actually.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Prob just going to use a DPS ring on my tanks and be the one using the on-use for controlled explodes. Going to make hitting stuff with the explode pretty easy and maybe it will count as threat if we're lucky.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just hope the upgrade you get from Archimonde applies to both rings at the same time. I really want to use the DPS ring on a decent amount of encounters, even as a tank. There are a couple of them where the tank ring is indeed good though.

Using the tank ring just seems odd to me. If the fights are tuned around NOT having a legendary ring, one would assume you don't need the tank ring in the first place. The tank ring is just an extra cd that in theory, we don't need. Might as well kill the boss faster with a DPS ring imo.

Yeah, I agree the tank ring kind of sucks. I mean, it's great for survival, and I'd probably use it on some progression fights, but in general the dps ring seems better. You shouldn't strictly need the tank ring to survive, and the dps ring is such a huge damage increase it stands to make a lot of fights just go way smoother.

Also, asking this question everywhere: Does anyone know if the legendary ring upgrade from Archimonde is applied to individual rings, or every rings a character owns? Seems like the potential to screw off specs is high.

Is it possible to have the entire raid with the tank ring and use the cd to split damage and healing raid wide? A dps loss for sure but its possible there would be a mechanic where that would be useful.

Well the Tank Ring gives you +25% dmg done and -12.5% dmg taken in addition to the split effect. So the only thing you don't get is your damage being added to the burst.

Wait when did they add +25% dmg dealt to the tank ring? Please link

Quote Originally Posted by Almonds1 View Post
    Wait when did they add +25% dmg dealt to the tank ring? Please link
    You get 25% Versatility which equals +25% dmg done and -12.5% dmg taken.

Linguo would not like the title of this thread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ikewu83 View Post
    I guess you haven't played tanks very much.
    Look up Tyrant Velhari in the current content for an example.

Quote Originally Posted by Almonds1 View Post
    Prob just going to use a DPS ring on my tanks and be the one using the on-use for controlled explodes. Going to make hitting stuff with the explode pretty easy and maybe it will count as threat if we're lucky.
    Supposedly the assplode is like a multi hit from each user because they claim you get explode credit on logs if you have a ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Yeah, I agree the tank ring kind of sucks. I mean, it's great for survival, and I'd probably use it on some progression fights, but in general the dps ring seems better. You shouldn't strictly need the tank ring to survive, and the dps ring is such a huge damage increase it stands to make a lot of fights just go way smoother.

Also, asking this question everywhere: Does anyone know if the legendary ring upgrade from Archimonde is applied to individual rings, or every rings a character owns? Seems like the potential to screw off specs is high.
    It is ALWAYS individual.

Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    It is ALWAYS individual.
    That sucks, I like to heal, and sometimes go enhancement on my ele shammy

Its not horrible, but it just isn't as good as the DPS ring. The dps ring seems over the top, the healing ring does not work on overhealing nor shields and the tank ring is just ok, you get a 2min defensive that is pretty good on most fights considering you share the damage with the other tank and you get a dps boost.

The DPS ring is just full monged. Thats the real issue.