View Poll Results: Do you support this Deal with Iran or Any Deal?

Voters
59. This poll is closed
  • Yes. It's a place to start.

43 72.88%
  • No. Hell No, Iran is not to be trusted and a long ways away from being so.

10 16.95%
  • No, on this deal, but I would be open to another deal (State Below)

6 10.17%

Thread: Iran deal

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Iran deal

In Iran deal, Obama sees validation for diplomatic gamble

WASHINGTON (AP) — To President Barack Obama, the historic nuclear accord with Iran is a validation of an arduous, politically fraught diplomatic gamble, one he foreshadowed before winning the White House and one that will shape his legacy long after he leaves.
    The deal to curb Iran's nuclear program may prevent Tehran from developing a bomb or being the target of U.S. military action during Obama's presidency. But whether the agreement succeeds in stemming Iran's nuclear ambitions after his tenure is a far murkier question.

The sheer amount of time and political capital Obama invested in the Iran talks has fueled speculation that he had too much at stake to walk away from the negotiating table, no matter the compromises in a final deal. Obama authorized secret talks with Iran in 2012, followed by nearly two years of formal negotiations alongside Britain, France, Germany, Russia and China. His rapprochement with Iran sent U.S. relations with Israel plummeting to near-historic lows and deepened tensions with Congress.

Even with the high-stakes implications of an Iranian nuclear program, the talks over time seemed to represent more than just the quest for a deal. They were a referendum on Obama's belief that even America's most ardent enemies can be brought in line by wielding diplomacy and economic pressure instead of military might.
    "It represents the core of who he is and what his presidency stands for," said Julianne Smith, a former Obama White House and Pentagon official. "He needs it to validate that approach."

With the deal now in hand, one of Obama's top priorities is selling its virtues to skeptical lawmakers and world leaders, as well as the American public. He spent much of Tuesday calling leaders in Europe and the Middle East, including Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
    http://news.yahoo.com/iran-deal-obam...politics.html#

So what do you think, are you for or against this deal or any deal with Iran?

Personally, I have some doubts about a nation that has stated under no uncertain terms that would wipe Israel off the face of the map, I am not Fan of Netanyahu either, I will reserve any comment on what kind of a man I really think he is and what he represents.

But that being said, I don't know if I were in his shoes under some circumstances, would some of my behavior be any different with faced with the potential threat from a Nuclear Iran who doesn't think the Stat of Israel should exist at all.

How about you?
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    we have an extensive thread about it already

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...highlight=Iran
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    I think there is a better chance of Iran limiting their weaponization of uranium under the deal than under the sanctions.
    Last edited by Kujako; 2015-07-15 at 05:39 PM.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

I hope the Iranian civilian government can control the Iranian Revolutionary Guard and the Mullahs. If so it will be worth it.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I hope the Iranian civilian government can control the Iranian Revolutionary Guard and the Mullahs. If so it will be worth it.
    Is that something that can do, I mean even if they want to, I kind of agree, personally anything reasonable to prevent war and more military conflict, but I do wonder at what price, and I worry about Israel.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Wishful thinking

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    Yeah Vodka thanks, I did miss that, and this thread is not an attempt to over lap that, let this thread die if it may, if it gets closed same thing, I was just kind of curious where people stood as far as the deal on the table now. Now that Obama is officially announcing it.

Sort of win/win for everyone but the Iranian citizens if they "cheat" as Obama put it, they actually use it for good and everything is fine or they build a bunker underground, work on a bomb, at some point someone will find out (hopefully before its functional) then the annihilation begins for Iran, either way I can see a lot more cash being dumped on better GBU missile tech in the future for the US...just in case

10+ Year Old Account
    I think its a win/win and Obama definitely got cookie points from me because of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    what are the terms of the deal? the section highlighted goes on and on about how historic it is to the point of almost spewing it all over the page but NOTHING about what the terms actually are?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

If the deal works the way that it's been marketed by the administration, then I think we've got the makings of good diplomatic relations being started. I'd love to see the US Armed Forces running operations in Syria and Iraq against ISIS with the help of Iran (this coming from a US Army vet - Operation New Dawn, Taji, Iraq). This whole ISIS thing has presented a golden opportunity for us to not just normalize our relations with Middle East countries, but to make true allies of them. I just hope the opportunity isn't squandered.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Really, we should be increasing relations with Iran and decreasing them with Saudi Arabia.

Quote Originally Posted by Telomerase View Post
    Really, we should be increasing relations with Iran and decreasing them with Saudi Arabia.
    We shouldn't. Saudi Arabia is more valuabe to us. More oil and more influence over oil markets. There are more Sunni's in the world. And most islamic terrorists are Sunnis, so our problem is their problem.

The Saudis are vastly more valuable than the Iranians to American interests. Vastly more valuable than Israel too.

15+ Year Old Account
    Israel does not believe that Iran should exist, so who gives a crap? Make peace, don't make a situation fucking worse.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    We shouldn't. Saudi Arabia is more valuabe to us. More oil and more influence over oil markets. There are more Sunni's in the world. And most islamic terrorists are Sunnis, so our problem is their problem.

The Saudis are vastly more valuable than the Iranians to American interests. Vastly more valuable than Israel too.
    Or we could move away from oil and dependency on the Saudis. Besides, being buddies with them has not stopped a single Sunni terrorist. Also, the Shi'ites are much more modern.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Poll is not a shocker with the extreme left views on this forum

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post

Best case is make them both allies and cooperate while shifitng the pivot to asia.

They will develop nuclear weapons at some point no matter what we do. The best way to go about things is to have good diplomatic relations with them so that we won't be on their hitlist. Also Israel has its own nuclear weapons and can take care of itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Telomerase View Post
    Or we could move away from oil and dependency on the Saudis. Besides, being buddies with them has not stopped a single Sunni terrorist. Also, the Shi'ites are much more modern.
    No. We're not dependent. Certainly less now than in decades before. The most important currency is influence. Our ability to influence the Saudis - and team up with them to do fun things like crash the Soviet Union's budget by creating an Oil Glut - gives us an advantage our enemies don't have.

We want them in our court, and not others, so we can do in the future fun things, like encourage them to sell oil to other customers than China or to flood the market and crash Russian prices again. That kind of thing. Only Saudi Arabia has the capacity and power to do that. Even if we don't buy from them directly, we should work very hard to do what we can to control who they are selling to in lieu of us.