Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    In a game where there is virtually no content outside of raids, one must stretch it to its limit. I'm surprised they haven't gated a month for each wing

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    see but here where you are mistaken - for you source of satifaction in life is job/wife/kids - for them its that orange pixels without them they have nothing and no amount of pretending will mask it - at some point they will be forced forced to realise real priorities in life and its gonna suck hard for them - the longer they live in virtual world the more it will suck
    If that's what you have to tell yourself to have a great excuse for sucking at something as easy as this game that's perfectly fine.

Deleted
    To make the content last longer for a significant number of subscribers.

Why the rush? It's not as if you need any gear from there. I suppose it's to slow down getting the legendary chain done if you're not in a guild that can at least clear normal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eucaliptus View Post
    300$ over 2 years is even worth mentioning? 50c a day? Tell me you are joking....
    If it saves 500 hours of your time, that's worth, what, $5,000?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard's last hope to get people to experience that is the decrepit dinosaur that is raiding. They gave it exclusive models, mounts, pets, achievements and much better gear, but people still preferred LFR. Then they started taking things away from LFR like tier, trinkets, fancy models, etc. Now they have to drag out the release of LFR. This newer WoW dev team doesn't seem to know what the previous dev team figured out years ago, which is that organized raiding is amazingly unappealing for the average player. Maybe once this doesn't work, and instead of rising to the challenge people just quit, they'll finally do the merciful thing and euthanize the poor decrepit beast that is organized raiding. I can't imagine them giving anything more to it, or taking anything more away from LFR.

Why the hell does LFR still exist?

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Do they want us to spend a year on getting these fucking tomes?
    You know, if you can't get the tomes outside of LFR, chances are you shouldn't be getting the so-called "legendary" item to begin with. You're able to get full 690 gear from dinging lv 100 if you weren't able to participate in a simple BRF raid for gearing last patch, and you're fully able to set up your own HFC pugs/ join a HFC raiding guild for tomes. Out of the millions of things wrong with WoD, this hardly makes the list.

Your legendary entitlement is the downfall of this game, among many other things.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Point here is the content needs to last as long as possible for those that play each and every day of the week. Tanaan is not going to last much longer for many people. I am doing alts now that my main character has done the whole zone and got exalted with all three factions. This raid is going to have to do until they bring out the next expansion, unless they slap some here and there stuff into fill the gap until beta starts on the next xpac.

The other thing is, they are want more people to actually go into normal and above raiding or at least give it a try. So by stringing out the LFR they force the people that would otherwise just go through the LFR to go into normal raid content. Problem with this is many have never raided or have no clue what they are doing and forcing many to look past these people for people that have actual raid experience. Some of these people will try to make their own groups and many will fail more than succeed.

I just plan on putting all my alts through Tanaan and then I will wait until the entire HFC LFR is open and then run it all at one time. Gear is not a big deal since one can get 10 to 20 ilvl gear higher out of Tanaan verses the 675 to 685 out of the LFR. Both types of gear are shit anyway, so it really does not matter which you end up farming out.

Sooner the next expansion is out the better. Here is hoping the next one has far more content that can go much longer than anything and has a ton more story to it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daan View Post
    Because 90% of the player base still does not want to raid after all these years. Yet Blizzard still tries to force them to do so or at least a portion of them. Problem is many that actually raid want nothing to do with these people, but Blizzard still hopes that many will find away or keep trying to get in to an organized guild to raid with. One would think after some ten years they would actually stop trying to force people to do something they really end up hating to do. LFR exist because there are far more people that don't ever raid, then there are that been raiding forever. When they only get as much as 10 to 15 of the players to actually raid at a given time, then there is an extremely large portion of their base that has never seen the content. LFR also subs for having to create even more world content which also save Blizzard a ton in both development and time. This is why the LFR still exist.

To keep Wow's head above water.

Deleted
    So people stay subscribed longer.

Because wow just as about any other successful game needs to cater to a crowd of people with 15 minute attention spans and their lack of social and gaming skills.

It really is annoying... that everyone wants everything right now!
    You don`t have to do anything to get into LFR. Nothing.
    Be happy that it even exists. Because it doesn`t matter what you are doing inside as long as the whole Raid isn´t afk.
    This is a freaking MMORPG! You are supposed to work with people to achive a goal. But trough constant whining because poeple did not have the time to Raid once a weak Blizzard gave you this FFA-Epics throwing mess of a Feature. And guess what? They cut back on everything what you had to do before yo could start raiding... because there is little to no point to that anymore when you can go straight into LFR once you reach Cap.
    Item Inflation, No long Content... everything a direct result of LFR... and maybe even normal.
    You brought it on yourself, that there is nothing else than raiding because you wanted it.
    And now people want to clear the whole content on DAY f-ing ONE?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Milking your sub obviously. There really is no other reason.

Smart players don't buy the expansion when it comes out. They buy it 2 weeks before the next expansion releases.

Then you just level 90-100.. see all the quests. Do all the dungeons once. All the catch up gear is already in place. Do all the LFRs once.

GG. Expansion complete.

$300+ saved in sub money.
    There is a bit of twisted, but brilliant logic to this mindset.

LFR is free loot and a free legendary. Maybe pug normal or something with all that free time you have while you wait for your free shit, it's basically LFR but instead of standing still and hitting 123123123 you have to use qwe AND 123! Sometimes in a different order! Scary I know, but... I believe in you! YOU CAN DO THIS! TAKE OFF THE TRAINING WHEELS SON!
    Normal difficulty is a giant mess. It's far far more difficult then Flex SoO was, and with the exception of the last 4 bosses offers either comparable or inferior loot to Tanaan Jungle.
    Last edited by grandgato; 2015-07-20 at 07:47 AM.