Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Do we? That makes me feel really bad for the non-destro 'locks.
    Destro USED to have lots of healing. Now after numerous waves of nerfing destro has "some" healing. Fortunately destro shouldn't generally need more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Well you are talking about PvP, where I would agree that mage is a better casual BG soloer than say spriest and ele shaman. Still not great, but at least not a punching bag at the mercy of enemy stupidity and allied healers.
    Honor kills are any level appropriate kill, not just for PvP (sis rarely PvPs). That's almost exclusively PvE kills (had a kill contest between the Shadow Priest, but finally overtaken him/her) -- http://www.wowprogress.com/char_stat...s/field.kills/ -- it's a very good kill farm class as the speed of the kills is outrageous.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    it's a very good kill farm class as the speed of the kills is outrageous.
    No .

If you got a bit of gear to back you up, you can spec Auspicious Spirits as a Shadow Priest and pull a few mobs with SW:Pain. The healing from the Devouring Plague spam keeps you up, and you get Dispersion plus Desperate Prayer/Angelic Bulwark. It's probably the easiest time I've had in solo play as a caster.

At lower gear levels, I think warlock is the way to go.
    Last edited by Shahad; 2015-07-16 at 04:09 AM.
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

Try Mage for kiting and general survivability, and warlock if you want things to sit on you and not die.

In my experience, Moonking would be the best caster for solo gameplay. AoE killing mobs like a boss. Kiting capability and healing are both pretty decent. Warlock is good to, but if you pull to much, your pet will just die no matter what and when it does so, you are pretty much fucked.
    As Moonkin, you can get into the worst situations and somehow allways get away with it.

Deleted
    Hunter is by far the best ranged solo class

Quote Originally Posted by Aetherpls View Post
    Try Mage for kiting and general survivability, and warlock if you want things to sit on you and not die.
    No, don't. If you want kiting and survivability go moonkin not mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Aetherpls View Post
    Try Mage for [...] general survivability
    Wow, that's just ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Cytus View Post
    In my experience, Moonking would be the best caster for solo gameplay. AoE killing mobs like a boss. Kiting capability and healing are both pretty decent. Warlock is good to, but if you pull to much, your pet will just die no matter what and when it does so, you are pretty much fucked.
    You can summon a brand new pet any time you want. In no way are you fucked if your pet is about to die.

BM Hunter are pretty damn good at solo gameplay. I can easily kill 10+ elite at a time in the Throne of KJ. You just need glyph of mend pet

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Says you. I disagree. My priest pwns stuff more easily than my other clothies, including warlock.
    then you are doing something incridible wrong on your lock toon...

Quote Originally Posted by Foj View Post
    You can summon a brand new pet any time you want. In no way are you fucked if your pet is about to die.
    I'll take "forum users who've never played a warlock" for 500, Alex.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warlock:

Affliction with Voidlord as Tank pet + Soul link + Soul Leech + Soul Consumption Glyph -> most consistent and safest spec

Destruction with Sacrifice + Sacrificial Pact + Soul Leech -> nice burst dps, low on demand heals, def cooldowns can bump you up to 1,2m effective health

Demonology with Harvest Life + DL Glyph + Soul Link + Soul Consumption Glyph -> crazy self healing capabilities, almost unkillable

After T18 + class trinket + ilvl 715+ it´s pretty much up to you to rule draenor, the outdoor content where you could "need" a tanky spec is just faceroll at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    I'll take "forum users who've never played a warlock" for 500, Alex.
    It's usually the people who've actually a played a warlock who whip out this card, but, OK.

Your shiny new pet has a taunt and extremely effective AOE threat, and you have soulshatter, which in general you won't need because you can always just run in circles for a while.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    then you are doing something incridible wrong on your lock toon...
    Nah, not really. It was just my very subtle way of saying "it depends on how you play" and I can play my priest better than I can my warlock. Across all classes and specs, Shadow is the one spec I can do while watching something on the other screen most of the time and still manage to kill stuff, keep myself alive and not look like a total nab on the meters (for those that look at meters). Going mainly by audio and a little bit of visual, I can get stuff done in a raid. Of course, while soloing I do look at the screen, but less so than when playing other specs.

What you can play to perfection and be totally awesome at, is not the same as everyone else. I am awesome at Priest and not-so-awesome at Warlock, Warrior or Monk. That doesn't make the other classes and specs bad, but to me, Shadow pwns and the rest die too easily when soloing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Do we? That makes me feel really bad for the non-destro 'locks.
    Don't feel bad, the healing they do have doesn't cost as massive an amount of DPS to do.

OT: Warlock any spec + Void Lord. I'd argue Affliction or Demo are better since they can actually heal their pets, unlike Destro where it's more effective to let it die and insta-resummon.

For face tanking, Destruction is probably a little better so long as you can generate Embers; ie aren't being run around and interrupted.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    OT: Warlock any spec + Void Lord. I'd argue Affliction or Demo are better since they can actually heal their pets, unlike Destro where it's more effective to let it die and insta-resummon.
    I save the instant cast for emergencies.

I just think of that period where it takes a few seconds to summon a new copy of a pet as a "heal to full." The pet is stunned during the cast but it maintains its threat, and my threat won't increase much from dots.

If there is a swarm of mobs on the pet then things might become complicated, but if it's just tanking one big bad dude then there is no issue unless it can kill me before the pet taunts it and/or I press the soulshatter button if necessary.

The only problem mobs are the ones that cast at non-aggro targets, and then the general mediocrity of destro heals comes into play.
    Last edited by Foj; 2015-07-16 at 12:16 PM.

Its the Warlock hands down, the Voidlord should never die and if it does each spec has a way of instant summoning.

Demo is better at healing than destro because it has drain life, destro can consume embers but it heals for so little its not worth doing it. Keep cookies on hand.

That being said if you are in need of healing then you are doing something wrong, your tank pet should be the only thing ever taking damage. Your tank pet should be able to tank for you while you sit back at range and pew pew all day long allowing you to kill stuff that most classes run from or avoid.

If you are looking to take on 2 targets at a time then destro is the spec you want, you can use havok to send the same single target spell into a second target. IT hits hard and it kills fast. If you plan to grab up a whole bunch of mobs at the same time and burn them down then destro is your class, you send your felguard demon in to aggro lots of stuff and make it spin out aoe while you throw hand of guldans and chaos waves. Boom, everything falls down. Void lord has better survivability than the felguard but felguard is better at dealing with multiple targets.

Worst comes to worst you can always toss your pet to its death and run away. Always set an action button as a macro to make your pet attack it, so if you get unforseen aggro you can direct your pet to pick the aggro up more efficiently.

Frankly I hate leveling other classes now because I am spoiled on warlock leveling, never taking damage and killing things in 2 or 3 hits makes all other classes seem squishy and weak when it comes to leveling.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2015-07-16 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    you send your felguard demon in to aggro lots of stuff and make it spin out aoe while you throw hand of guldans and chaos waves. Boom, everything falls down. Void lord has better survivability than the felguard but felguard is better at dealing with multiple targets.
    Except for the part where felguard is a terrible tank pet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since MoP when spriests became affliction locks, spriest has been useless for current level solo play at low to medium gearing levels;
    Actually that was since Cata.
    Since Cata Shadow only feels like a properly working spec if you have at least heroic raid gear. Everything below that and the spec just feels broken and even helpless some times.