Poll: Which one would you give up that you DO drink?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    milk easily, grew up drinking it a lot. sure it probably helped me develop but beyond using it to cook I have little urge to drink it.

Beer, i just can't stand the taste. Wouldn't have a problem dropping Wine or Tea though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    I've tried Budweiser, Bud Light, Labatt blue, miller light, honey brown (might be remembering that wrong), Heinekin and Guiness. That feeling when the beer hits my stomach and I feel it expand for a second really bothers me too. Heinekin tastes the best but has the worst stomach sensation and Bud Light tastes gross but reacts to my stomach the best. Either way, I hate drinking all of them and I take no pleasure in consuming them.
    See, that's the problem you've had nothing but shit namebrand beers which are terrible.

You gotta find your type of flavor do you like pales? ales? darks? porters? IPAs? Imperial Stouts? Stouts? Browns? Reds? Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    Wtf is wrong with you people. How is beer a landslide?
    Beer tastes like trash imo
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    milk easily, grew up drinking it a lot. sure it probably helped me develop but beyond using it to cook I have little urge to drink it.
    I've heard that was a myth, milk doesn't help you grow once you are no longer a baby, and that it actually softens your bones. Might just be vegan non sense, I still use it for cereal but that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    See, that's the problem you've had nothing but shit namebrand beers which are terrible.

You gotta find your type of flavor do you like pales? ales? darks? porters? IPAs? Imperial Stouts? Stouts? Browns? Reds? Exactly.
    Well I'll tell you what, I'm going to an Irish festival this Sunday and there will definitely be beer there in many varieties. Give me some brands based on what I've tried already that you personally think I might like. I'll give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by GarlicGuy View Post
    Tea
    Coffee
    Wine
    Beer
    Milk
    Juice

But here is the "thing".... you can't pick what you don't drink anyway.... have to pick one that you actually do drink.
    Well then I guess I can't choose any of them because I either don't drink any of these at all (coffee, beer, juice) or drink them extremele infrequently (tea, wine, milk). 95% of my beverage consumption is water with the occasional soft drink, and maybe a drink or two of bourbon on a weekend here or there.

Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    Well I'll tell you what, I'm going to an Irish festival this Sunday and there will definitely be beer there in many varieties. Give me some brands based on what I've tried already that you personally think I might like. I'll give it a shot.
    I started off with Heinken as being the most tolerable of beers when I was <21. I liked it because it tasted like carbonated water with a bit of flavor which means clear pales will be the strongest to bring you further into beer. Rolling Rock is a cheap beer that continues on this trend (cheaper than Heinie, and IMO has more flavor) after that, if you're like me, you'll probably enjoy a porter or brown. Porters tend to be the ones brewed with coffee and have a more bodied flavor while retaining some of the crisp refreshing flavor from the pales. Browns tend to focus more on nutty aromas and add in some almond/etc flavor which really enhance the pallet.

So if I was you I'd do this:

Pale > Porter/Brown > Ale. Ale will probably be the highest % of those 3 IPA, Stouts and Ales generally have pretty high alc % which can often make them too sweet (something you have to be careful about).

As for brands, I don't know what will be there. Guiness sucks, harp is a shitty heinie, Killians is a decent red, I just had a beer called Old Chub Scottish Ale today that was 8% but it didn't have the sweet that comes with higher % and was pretty delicious.

So yeah work with those levels and try from there. Beer is a tiny bit of an acquired taste but you'll realize the flavors that are there and it'll start to really win you over.

15+ Year Old Account
    Juice, they add so much fucking sugar anyways, why the fuck would I drink it? My juice in my ice box is frozen right now, :/. It is super hard to buy good juice, usually they add too much crap or it is from concentrate.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Coffee, Tea, or Milk, I can't stand any of the three.
    Though I voted for Coffee.

Ha, that was easy. Beer!
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

wine is less tolerable than beer

7+ Year Old Account
    have to be coffee drink it sometimes but drink mostly tea instead

I stopped drinking alcohol (no idea why, it just doesn't appeal me anymore) except during special occasions, so beer and wine. Expecially beer since I dislike sparkling drinks.

Voted Juice but then I use that to make cider so... :/

Beer for sure.

I have the occasional beer, so that one can go. You can pry coffee, milk, and wine from my cold dead hands

Coffee. I love the smell, but of those listed, it's the one I've drank the least of in the past few years. I didn't get good enough coffee enough, and usually ended up putting too much sugar in it. And if I have to choose between juice and coffee as sugary drinks, I'm keeping orange juice.

I don't usually drink lager, so I don't have the misconception that all beer is horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    To be fair... wine taste like feet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tea..... definitely the one thing I can go without the easiest.
    Although I haven't had a beer or a wine in years. The option needs to stay open, if only for cooking reasons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    To be fair... wine taste like feet.
    Me thinks you both never had real good beer, or wine
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."