Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    YES yes yes .... Hiden 20% dmg/heal buff for Horde in Trashran, thx Holinka we love you :*

I think a lot of it comes down to no one likes dying combined with there's lots of things to do in Ashran, especially as Horde (no queue). So there's no reason to try to fight the other faction in most cases. 6.2 tried to fix that, and did make some improvements where you will actually get large scale battles over events now on occassion, but it's still not "forceful" enough.

As Horde on alts I'm going around farming honor, and so are many others, and when that happens pvp goes out the window. People don't attempt to fight back at the events.

Another issue is there is the conflicting objectives of doing events and pushing for Tremblade kill. That really spreads out both Alliance and Horde. Also creates lots of bitterness when you've killed the general already and need to finish up your events and vice versa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

I suspect some people don't like it when I pick up the Ancient Artifact and Wand of Lightning Shield myself, killing their entire raid while they just lie there without releasing, targeting me I mean that'd make me rage quit but then again I'd never be stupid enough to get killed by it, can't count on 2 hands all the AA carriers I've solo'd with wand and Sinister Spores because they think they're invincible...
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Because its awful, rarely balanced and it was what we got instead of new battlegrounds.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

It's like the devs forgot all the lessons they learned from original AV, Wintergrasp, and Tol Barad. I wouldn't mind a iffy experience if the queue time was short, but if I'm waiting for an hour, I hope to have fun if not at least a 33% chance of winning. Ancient Artifact, sure it's fun, but it's real imbalancing and demoralizing. Especially when there's only a small group of people playing, like late at night. It's the same problem TB had, it doesn't scale to smaller groups.

If you've got a good leader, Ashran is fun. If you've got a bunch of people bickering about how 3v3 arena is the only true pvp or not, and everyone deciding to defend main base instead of doing events, it's like a kick in the gonads. Well, after an hour of queue time. If you go right in, find it's a mess, then it's no big deal to goof around a little or leave, you've wasted little time. Try again later.

At least now you don't have to spend half an hour begging for a raid invite. There's no good reason it took so long to implement autojoining a raid.

Everyone hates it because it isn't exactly what they want it to be.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Thought that was pretty obvious.

It's like old AV. Just a mass of players standing there looking at each other. It leaves no room at all for any fun or meaningful player versus player experiences. Stealth up to some guy in the massive raid of players, stun 'em, then die as all his friends all hits you with something at once. That. Is. Not. Fun.

Another reason is that I was hearing talks of how they were going to take the lessons they learned from Timeless Isle and apply that to various places in WoD, including Ashran. Timeless Isle had some awesome World PvP thanks to the bloody coins stuff there, and people mostly being scattered all over doing various solo PvE stuff that you could attack and end up in 1 on 1's again, with the added thrill of having one or two more jump on you if you don't get the job done quick enough. But even then, you could manage depending on how strong your opponents were. The other way around was fun too, group up and lay a trap for some bloody coins ganker, and end his fun until his cooldown comes up. It was so much fun. So, in other words, I was getting my expectations up before WoD, only to see them not being met by a long shot.

The design of Ashran so clearly led to a cluster-fuck type of PvP, the kind we had in old AV. That. Is. Not. Fun. Blizzard most have known this and done it this way intentionally, which is so disappointing to me. I totally lost faith in their ability to make good outdoor PvP content. The correct way to design an outdoor PvP zone is to have a massive amount of objectives, like nodes to capture and hold, scattered over a large terrain, in between which there are PvE content to do. That spreads the fighting out across a large area and makes it consist of smaller chunks of players. That makes for fun PvP encounters.

My issues with Ashran is to this day even while googling I still don't know what the hell is going on in this cluster fuck.

I have had some really fun battles in there. But for every fun battle I have to do 20 Ashrans where either we are getting mowed down super quick or are tearing through the horde with little effort.

Blizzard for real You have fucked up all pvp in ashran.As a alliance it never been worse that now. My pvp has stop right now , Your problem is that You listing these few k of ppl in here and doing all these changes just because SOMEBODY is not happy. Ashran was fine before Preamdes etc. not going to write anything more. .. good job,change more this week , and another and another . Soon this game will be a shit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    It's a giant cluster fuck, that's almost always unbalanced. It's like the PvP version of LFR.
    This.

At least Wintergrasp actually felt like a structured event.