Stat Weights and tips and tricks to be a better Warrior

Hey

I've been looking around and there seem to be two very different opinions on Stat weights at the moment. Emancptr likes Crit and Eddytheone likes Mastery. I'm raiding in heroics and we are nowhere near Mythic yet. Hopefully we will dip our toes in later in the Xpac. Can someone give me their stat weights for mastery and someone else give me the stat weights for Crit? That way i can try out both builds and see which one works better. Thanks in advance.

I've been tanking on my warrior since Throne of Thunder and I want to learn some extra tricks that separate the men from the Boys. If anyone has anything juicy that doesn't get included in the guides I'd appreciate it.

I have the macro that allows charge intervene and heroic leap on the same button and when I found out about that it made a huge difference to my playstyle. I'm sure there are hundreds of these tricks and I bet that people would be surprised by the amount of people that can benefit from them.

Deleted
    For Protection? I thought Mastery was clear 1st choice, then it's Crit vs Versatility. And I've even seen a post somewhere recently giving Versa the Edge (read edit). (However I still prefer crit due to the extra rage, this way I have more control about when to increase my defensive)

Edit: It seems he has crit 2nd for dps, but versa 2nd for survival.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Crit-for-Prot
    Quote Originally Posted by eddytheone View Post
    For a hard hitting Mythic level boss my stat weights in my current gear are;

TDPS

B.Armor = 1.04
    Armor = 0.8
    Crit = 0.76
    Mastery = 1.06
    Versatility = 0.54
    STR = 1

TMI

B.Armor = 1.99
    Armor = 1.91
    Crit = 0.85
    Mastery = 1.53
    Versatility = 0.95
    STR = 1
    Last edited by mmoc566a9abf7a; 2015-07-16 at 10:53 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bebbl89 View Post
    For Protection? I thought Mastery was clear 1st choice, then it's Crit vs Versatility. And I've even seen a post somewhere recently giving Versa the Edge (read edit). (However I still prefer crit due to the extra rage, this way I have more control about when to increase my defensive)

Edit: It seems he has crit 2nd for dps, but versa 2nd for survival.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Crit-for-Prot
    The partion you quoted makes no statement about dps tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Here's a link to my post on gearing and stat weights.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post34467972

These are the numbers for T18 bosses (Not accurate for hard hitting Mythic bosses, i.e. Zakuun/Mannoroth/Archi, but accurate for the first 8+ in the instance on Mythic and all the heroic bosses)

Armor : 4.95
    Str: 6.77
    Crit: 5.1
    Haste: 1.23
    Mastery: 4.62
    Multi: 0.05
    Vers: 4.12
    Bonus Ar: 7.53

While I personally choose to gear more heavily towards crit, I would not recommend it to everyone. Mastery is easier/passive, whereas Critical Strike requires better management of rage and spell selection/GCD usage. At higher levels of play I think you start to see the significance of this, but at lower levels of player Mastery is far better due to its passive nature.

My opinion is Versatility isn't necessary. It's too easy to use Warlord's Unseeing Eye + Worldbreaker's Resolve and get better TMI results than it is to gear for Versatility. For me, this means that even if you're gearing for Mastery, Crit should be your second stat.

Quote Originally Posted by Emancptr View Post
    stat weights
    Grats on being the first guy in the world to kill a mythic HFC boss as Gladiator.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Gladiator's Resolve Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Von Bosch View Post
    Warriors are hereos that draw thier super human strength from thier relentless fury and thier unstoppeble willpower to fight on til the end of days.

Haha, Kilrogg is so easy and we currently have 3 tanks that I got to play Glad on it. I wasn't even using glyph of Cleave so I missed out on a free 10k ish damage.

Thanks guys. I've spent the last couple of weeks with Eman's crit weights and I've noticed an increased uptime in shield block. I seem to have rage when I want it when I used to be a bit starved with my mastery build. That was with tier 17 gear though and the itemisation was terrible and I haven't given it a try with the Tier 18 gear. Eman what weight do you give to main hand attack and Stamina? I'm not a simulationCraft person and I use the weights that I get from MMOC and punch them into AMR to pick the best gear.

I've read both of the threads quoted above but I wasn't sure if things had changed since the start of HFC.

Thanks for the help.

I don't like doing/giving stat weights for Stamina and main hand attack because they honestly don't really matter. I weight stamina based upon how much I need for a given fight and i'll either Flask Stamina or use a Stamina trinket if I need more. If you really want a value I would put it around the value of Versatility (3.5-4.0). Main hand attack does nothing for mitigation and is purely for a dps benefit. I'd give it a 0 if you want to play defensively. Offensively I would put it relatively high around 5-6.

Eman

thanks for that. I understand your reasoning for not valuing stamina or Main hand dps. There's a slot in AMR though that requires it and i was curious what your thoughts were. I'm going to stick to your Critical strike build until i start getting smashed by bosses. I like the feel of it more than mastery at the moment.