Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Warhammer 40K : Inquisitor - Martyr

Official Site

Taken from the IGN arcticle...

NeocoreGames describes Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor – Martyr as a “persistent sandbox action-RPG” and explains that the single-player campaign will thrust players “into a grim and secret war among the stars as the agents of the ever-vigilant Inquisition.” NeocoreGames also promises that, after the campaign concludes, the story will continue “in a colossal sandbox game” that the developer claims will give players “years of constant entertainment, gradual development and a continuous flow of content that enriches the action-RPG gameplay.”

“There’s a reason why we chose the world of Warhammer 40,000: it’s intense, brutal, visceral – a perfect material for an action RPG,” said producer Zoltán Pozsonyi in a statement. “Working with Games Workshop, we’re doing our best to bring a high quality game to the community. We’re huge fans as well, so we care deeply about this game.”

Hungarian studio NeocoreGames, founded in 2005, has developed several other RPGs, including King Arthur and The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing.

The announcement itself doesn’t linger on any real specifics so we don’t know a great deal else about Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor – Martyr at this stage. It’s due out in 2016 for PC, Mac, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

Gamescom 2015 gameplay demo

Last edited by Demoncrash; 2015-08-18 at 07:25 AM.

Super excited for this! If it's anything like Warhammer 40K: Space Marines (A game I spent a ton of time playing) I'll be buying it day one.

ohhhhhh, this sounds interesting. single player with no real ending story? sweet jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    ohhhhhh, this sounds interesting. single player with no real ending story? sweet jesus.
    Mount & Blade did something similar, though I suspect that this game will be more narratively focused.

Also, Games Workshop really likes handing out their IP like candy lately, don't they?

I hope it plays similar to space marines, but I want to fight more stuff. I hated how Every few minutes it was like a group of 4-5 orcs. There were maybe 2 or 3 points in the whole game that felt like you were actually fighting off an invasion. Add in a gear/loot system like dawn of war 2 had and you got yourself a stew going.

Imagine if the inquisitor they are referencing is Gregor Eisenhorn.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Eternal View Post
    Mount & Blade did something similar, though I suspect that this game will be more narratively focused.

Also, Games Workshop really likes handing out their IP like candy lately, don't they?
    To be fair - almost all the games being developed on their IP look pretty epic, there's not any I could point at and go "why the fuck did you allow this". They're really making good use of THQ's crash.

Sign me up, everything sounds good about the game. Add coop or more and I'm sold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Open world ARPG where I get to run around as a Space Marine and murder things FOR THE EMPEROR!

Sign me the fuck up.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Open world ARPG where I get to run around as a Space Marine and murder things FOR THE EMPEROR!

Sign me the fuck up.
    Inquisitor's aren't Space Marines.

On Topic, said this for ages now, the best way to do a 40k RPG or MMORPG would be to use the Inquisition.

Can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Eternal View Post

Considering how much they have been burned in the past by being stingy with their IP (Warcraft and Starcraft anyone?) they might be learning. Anyone thats dealt with GW for a long time knows they are one of the most IP Litigious companies out there

Awesome, I love me some 40k. I played the table top back in High School, still have the models.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Inquisitor's aren't Space Marines.
    Well back in day my Inquisitor(from the paper based version) had power armor and a bolt pistol... And in that clip it seems they went with the same archtype, power armor, bolt pistol... So yeah they're not a full Space Marine, but close enough .

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by Demoncrash View Post
    Imagine if the inquisitor they are referencing is Gregor Eisenhorn.
    GW: Make this game happen!

An Eisenhorn game would be incredible.

Deleted
    Well back in day my Inquisitor(from the paper based version) had power armor and a bolt pistol... And in that clip it seems they went with the same archtype, power armor, bolt pistol... So yeah they're not a full Space Marine, but close enough .
    The Inquisition has changed a lot since then and i'll be incredibly miffed if they force the Power Armour wearing Puritans on us.

This needs to be a game where you make your own Inquisitor, and in more ways than simply cosmetic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    This needs to be a game where you make your own Inquisitor, and in more ways than simply cosmetic.
    I would actually be 100% okay with this . My favourite Inquisitor was a mental techpriest with a mechadendrite drill... He was a total shitruiner

Yea, a lot of Inquisitors are known for wearing power armor and wielding bolt pistols. What is interesting though, is that the dude in the trailer has an Iron Halo. A piece of wargear that is a mark of honor and usually worn by space marine chapter masters. So he must be super badass to get something like that.

Or it could also be a space marine thats part of the inquisitor's retinue.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesglory View Post
    To be fair - almost all the games being developed on their IP look pretty epic, there's not any I could point at and go "why the fuck did you allow this". They're really making good use of THQ's crash.
    There's the Space Wolf tactical card game, Storm of Vengeance lane strategy game, Carnage the endless runner and an upcoming MOBA Dark Nexus, none of which strike me as particularly epic.

In related new, GoG have just released (DRM free) Chaos Gate, Final Liberation and Shadow of the Horned Rat.

Quote Originally Posted by Demoncrash View Post
    Yea, a lot of Inquisitors are known for wearing power armor and wielding bolt pistols. What is interesting though, is that the dude in the trailer has an Iron Halo. A piece of wargear that is a mark of honor and usually worn by space marine chapter masters. So he must be super badass to get something like that.

Or it could also be a space marine thats part of the inquisitor's retinue.
    No marine can be a part of inquisitor's retinue (inquisition does not command Astartes, they usually ask very, very nicely for help). Now, each Ordo has their own military branch (Grey Knights for Malleus, Deathwatch for Xenos, Sisters for Battle for Hereticus) but even they are requisitioned on case by case basis.

Iron halo was probably given to Inquisitor for performing something truly huge in service to Chapter (for example, Gregor Eisenhorn was gifted an artificer bolt pistol by Salamanders).

Quote Originally Posted by cudomix View Post
    No marine can be a part of inquisitor's retinue (inquisition does not command Astartes, they usually ask very, very nicely for help). Now, each Ordo has their own military branch (Grey Knights for Malleus, Deathwatch for Xenos, Sisters for Battle for Hereticus) but even they are requisitioned on case by case basis.

Iron halo was probably given to Inquisitor for performing something truly huge in service to Chapter (for example, Gregor Eisenhorn was gifted an artificer bolt pistol by Salamanders).
    Imperial Fist Captain Lexandro Darquebus ended up serving under an Inquisitor in the Inquisition War trilogy, and in more recent times the Inquisitor RPG allowed Space Marines in a war-band. It's a big, chaotic galaxy with no reason why a Space Marine couldn't end up working with an Inquisitor.

Technically Inquisitors can demand anything of any individual or organisation within the Imperium. Technically Space Marines can refuse these orders, but in practice are unlikely to want the Inquisition as enemies, following the first war for Armageddon the Space Wolves refused to cooperate with the Inquistion's attempts to exterminate potentially tainted Guard units (in this case all of those that fought in the war) and were brought to the brink of annihilation.