Deleted

Serenity of no use anymore? (WW)

I've recently aquired heroic 4set and soul capacitor and i'm absolutely loving the damageoutput the combination gives.

Is it just me though, or doesn't it seem pointless to be using Serenity + Chi Brew, now that i can just use Ascension + Chi Ex and have TeB up close to 100% of the time, not to mention that 10 TeB stacks will almost always be up for Spirit Erruption?

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can certainly sim the difference, but Serenity + Chi Brew still does more damage than Ascension + Chi Ex in a single target situation.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Elegacy View Post
    I've recently aquired heroic 4set and soul capacitor and i'm absolutely loving the damageoutput the combination gives.

Is it just me though, or doesn't it seem pointless to be using Serenity + Chi Brew, now that i can just use Ascension + Chi Ex and have TeB up close to 100% of the time, not to mention that 10 TeB stacks will almost always be up for Spirit Erruption?
    TEB generation isn't the only perk of serenity + chi brew. You are spamming BoK during procs + TEB +Hero/Lust and getting the full benefit of higher MS stat.

For single target oriented fights or even cleave fights with only 1 add (SEF clone on 2nd target) Chi brew + serenity is still a clear winner.

Depends. If add lives long enough and can be tanked next to the boss, then ChiExplosion will still pull ahead.
    For instance, on Velahri, where the first two phases have an add you can cleave on, ChiEx or serenity will pull ahead of the other depending on wether your guild is actively killing those adds or just passively cleaving them.

Serenity is still a clear winner for single target. It might feel like you're GCD capping a lot with T18 4pc, but serenity giving you 10 GCD's worth of chi, ending with you at full energy, giving a LOT of TeB (compared to hurricane strike for instance) makes it strong. Specially on HFC where we have a lot of fights with split targets, priority targets on cleave fights, burst phases... Serenity gives us a strong 1:30 minutes CD to line up with those.
    With people getting most legendary rings within a couple weeks we might see serenity delayed on ring's CD become even stronger. Ring activation is 15 seconds, exactly serenity + FoF + two free GCD's. This will make it even better.

Both Serenity and ChiEx have their definite strengths this tier, which is cool.

On a sidenote: from what I see, T18 4PC+SDI+2PC make using chi on our BoK/RSK/FoF even more relevant than they were, thus making the low chi generation of SCK subpar. In BRF our only way to burst AoE was to spam SCK, this has become weaker, and that's the reason I think we're seeing some RJW pull ahead again. RJW gets full benefit without being too much of an energy dump, just the right balance to make ChiExplosion work well with it.

I've switched from serenity to hurricane strikes single target. It allows some nasty burst during a soul capacitor proc. With the amount of combo breakers you get, it seems less vital to use serenity to fill in gaps in a rotation. In almost all circumstances, I've seen a dps increase.

In contrast to what Panda said, it isn't 10 GCDs of chi, it's 5. All you do is replace jab with BOK. You also only gain 2-3 TEB in comparison to your regular rotation.
    Last edited by FayrenPickpocket; 2015-07-20 at 09:18 PM.
    Atrael@Turalyon Formerly- Pride/Elv@Azuremyst, Ysera, and Turalyon.